HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs fans among the worst??

Old
03-20-2011, 04:04 AM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
That's fine and any self respecting New Yorker should beat them into the ground and then stick them on a train back to accomplish nothing land (aka Canada).
Hey, here's the attitude I was just posting about.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 04:06 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Freedom of speech does not apply in a non-public setting. Its a protection for citizens against the government. In a private venue like MSG, they can certainly control your actions, with people getting thrown out for cursing as an example.
True, but you can't start swinging at them in a public or private setting.

Old
03-20-2011, 04:10 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Most annoying fan bases not in any particular order:

Phillies
Eagles
Red Sox
Habs
Penguins
Patriots
Cowboys
Steelers
Islanders

I would put Devils but you have to have more than 5 fans to qualify.
Only a Yankees fan could put up that list. All non-fans of the Yankees would put them at the top or near the top of one of these lists.

Old
03-20-2011, 04:14 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
Nah, to just sit there while it's being played is perfectly fine. You don't have to respect that country's traditions. Booing is NOT OK. If someone has no reaction that's fine, maybe they don't even know the tradition.

If someone was booing it next to me, I would take some serious considering into stabbing them because that's just not cool. If I was at a canadian arena, if everyone was standing up for their anthem I would stand up too, if for no other reason, then to just not be a total *******. there's no reason for that kind of ****.
Wish you had been in my section when some Rangers fans were booing the Canadian national anthem to see if you would have reacted similarly. No one else did.

Old
03-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger View Post
Took it to them?

Out were: Markov, Gorges, Plekanec, Pacioretty, Spacek, Gill, Sopel and less importantly Darche and Halpern. Grats on the win, on a back-back game.

As for the rest of your comment, yeah there are many stupid fans in the fanbase and most are bipolar. It gets frustrating (for me at the very least) but some fans from other teams here (main board mainly) still make it hell for the whole fanbase due to a "select" retarded ones.

The bigger the fanbase gets, the more chances you get to have people act stupid.
We were missing just as much of our roster earlier in the year but still managed to continue to win. Whats your point?

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:33 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
They're awful. I've never met so many obnoxious people in my life. Last night I heard boos for the US national anthem from Habs fans.
Where were you sitting? I had Habs fans around me and didn't hear any of this.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:36 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Wish you had been in my section when some Rangers fans were booing the Canadian national anthem to see if you would have reacted similarly. No one else did.
The home opener, the guy behind me started to boo "O' Canada". I turned to him and said, "We don't need that!" Guy turned white and shut his mouth.

Just don't understand the booing of anthems. Our best Dman is Canadian, and the best Captain we ever had is Canadian.

Yesterday, I get to my seats at the new igloo and idiot behind me says, "Oh great a Rangers fan." He then says, "Well, at least I don't have to hear the Canadian National Anthem today." I looked at him and said, "The two best players your club has ever had are both Canadian." He had no response and was wearing a Crosby jersey.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:45 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
The home opener, the guy behind me started to boo "O' Canada". I turned to him and said, "We don't need that!" Guy turned white and shut his mouth.

Just don't understand the booing of anthems. Our best Dman is Canadian, and the best Captain we ever had is Canadian.

Yesterday, I get to my seats at the new igloo and idiot behind me says, "Oh great a Rangers fan." He then says, "Well, at least I don't have to hear the Canadian National Anthem today." I looked at him and said, "The two best players your club has ever had are both Canadian." He had no response and was wearing a Crosby jersey.
I agree, I never understood booing anthems. Even if I don't sing it, it's simply disrespectful to boo any national anthem.

Besides, all Rangers fans should have to learn the Swedish national anthem and serenade Hank before games.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote