HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This HAS to have happened before, right?

Old
03-19-2011, 06:47 AM
HockeyinHD

vCash: 500
This HAS to have happened before, right?

Every team in the top 8 in the West has won at least 6 of their past 10 and every team in the top 10 has at least 12 points in their last 10 games, while no team outside the top 10 is doing anything at all.

At this point in the year hasn't there always been at least one playoff team fading with some 11th or 12th team surging late to challenge? This season is... weird.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Jussha

I guess in a way Chicago was kind of that team that had to make a push but they did it more around the 50 or 55 game mark or so I think. Not sure if they were worse than 10th, but they were for sure not in the playoffs and made a pretty strong push to get where they are now.

Interestingly I think all the teams in the playoffs right now are the same teams from last year, except Colorado, which really shows how reliant they were on Andersen's early hot start last year to make the playoffs.

I wonder where Freedom Elz is at right now lol.

Just checked and I guess Calgary is in ahead of Nashville right now but Nash has 2 games in hand and only 1 pt back.

It seems more of the push this time is happening in the East instead of the West, with New Jersey, and even Toronto somewhat making a push lol. Has the east often had a team make a strong push at the end? The only I can remember off the top of my head is 09 with Pittsburgh

Jussha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 12:54 PM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussha View Post
I wonder where Freedom Elz is at right now lol.
Where fans of awful teams that used to be relevant always are: waiting and waiting for the slightest positive thing to happen so they can go back to ripping their former rival.

Speaking of the Avs, though... good Lord. That team is in compete disarray.

They are 2-20-2 in their last 24.

2 wins. 20 losses. 2 loser points.

On December 19th they were 19-10-4 (on pace for 104 points). Since then they are 7-26-4 (a pace for 40 points).

I remember back when the Avs were good, and how their fans were just pleased as punch. 'Oh, look at all our great prospects!' 'Oh, look how great Pierre Lacroix is! Best GM evah!'

I get a very warm feeling from seeing that team be a complete disaster for most of the past 7 years.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:07 PM
StormJH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post
Where fans of awful teams that used to be relevant always are: waiting and waiting for the slightest positive thing to happen so they can go back to ripping their former rival.

Speaking of the Avs, though... good Lord. That team is in compete disarray.

They are 2-20-2 in their last 24.

2 wins. 20 losses. 2 loser points.

On December 19th they were 19-10-4 (on pace for 104 points). Since then they are 7-26-4 (a pace for 40 points).

I remember back when the Avs were good, and how their fans were just pleased as punch. 'Oh, look at all our great prospects!' 'Oh, look how great Pierre Lacroix is! Best GM evah!'

I get a very warm feeling from seeing that team be a complete disaster for most of the past 7 years.
I dunno, maybe it's because I'm a Wings fan, and our team is usually in the Top 3, but for all the screwed up scoring and confusing 3-point games, is there REALLY a sense of a true playoff "race" at the end of the season? There's so many teams crammed together with 4-part records, that I feel like the average fan has no sense of what it will take to get in the playoffs until maybe the last game or two.

StormJH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:22 PM
SOMFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1 View Post
I dunno, maybe it's because I'm a Wings fan, and our team is usually in the Top 3, but for all the screwed up scoring and confusing 3-point games, is there REALLY a sense of a true playoff "race" at the end of the season? There's so many teams crammed together with 4-part records, that I feel like the average fan has no sense of what it will take to get in the playoffs until maybe the last game or two.
See also scoring, NASCAR.

SOMFTW is offline   Reply With Quote