HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Czech prospects thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2011, 12:57 PM
  #1
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Czech prospects thread

With end of CHL regular season I thought it would be good to put all prospects agenda (not national teams related) to separate thread. We can discuss here prospects and their playing in clubs not only in NA, but in Europe also. So here are finished CHL regular season stats. I'll add playoff stats when it is ended.

11/12 season: post 83

OHL skaters
NamePositionClubGPGAPTS+/-PIMYoB
Petr BeránekRWBarrie Colts54111526-12221993
Milan DouderaDNiagara IceDogs7000061993
Adam SedlákDOttawa 67's5921012+17621991

QMJHL skaters
NamePositionClubGPGAPTS+/-PIMYoB
Jakub CulekLWRimouski Océanic5571522+2371992
Tomáš FilippiCQuébec Remparts62272956+28161992
Martin FrkRWHalifax Mooseheads62222850-14751993
Bohumil JankDVictoriaville Tigres2001212-13211992
Denis KindlCCape Breton Screaming Eagles/Montréal Juniors63221941-9511992
Andrej NestrašilRWPEI Rocket58195170+13401991
Ondřej PalátLWDrummondville Voltigeurs61395796+37241991
Adam PolášekDPEI Rocket61732390591991
Petr StrakaRWRimouski Océanic411015250331992

WHL skaters
NamePositionClubGPGAPTS+/-PIMYoB
Antonín HonejsekLWMoose Jaw Warriors46222143+7181991
Roman HorákLWChilliwack Bruins64265278-7601991
Marek HrbasDEdmonton Oil Kings6451217-4301993
Marek KalusLWSpokane Chiefs22448-5111993
David MusilDVancouver Giants62619250831993
Richard NedomlelDSwift Current Broncos6601010-151071993
Štěpán NovotnýRWSwift Current Broncos58221840-21351990
Robin SoudekRWChilliwack Bruins61253257-11701991
Matěj StránskýRWSaskatoon Blades71141226+13531993
Dominik UherCSpokane Chiefs65213960+19601992
Jaroslav VlachLWPrince George Cougars554812-13841992

All goalies
NameClubGPWinsGAShutoutsAvg.%YoB
Tadeáš GalanskýSaginaw Spirit1794412.89.9101992
David HonzíkVictoriaville Tigres361710513.54.8841993
Matěj MachovskýBrampton Battalion/Guelph Storm2376412.90.9041993
Petr MrázekOttawa 67's523314642.84.9201992

No longer on team
NamePositionClubGPGAPTS+/-PIMYoB
Vojtěch ButorCBelleville Bulls5000-201993

My thoughts

positive:
- Horák, Polášek and Nestrašil with solid seasons. Have good chance to manage next season in AHL.
- Mrázek with nice progress.
- Palát's fine season with Cotourier.
- Other goalies did good job as well.
- Uher is positive surprise, he pretty much clinched his draft spot IMO.

neutral:
- Beránek and Stránský with not outstanding seasons. But they may have some chance in the draft.
- Filippi started very well, but slowed down a little bit from his pace.
- Frk's rookie season was ok I think, but he needs to tear things up next time.
- Musil didn't have as good season as expected.

negative:
- Culek/Straka.
- Jank, his +/- looks horrendous.


Last edited by zorz: 07-01-2011 at 02:05 AM.
zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:43 PM
  #2
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,119
vCash: 500
Good idea for a thread.

I think overall this was a good year for Czech prospects. Unfortunately Culek and Straka's production tanked. I'm thinking there will be quite a few Czech players drafted from the CHL in the next two years.

I think guys to go this year will be:
Machovsky
Honzik
Musil
Hrbas
Stransky
Uher

Who has a legitimate chance at being drafted from the Czech League?

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 05:00 PM
  #3
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Good idea for a thread.

I think overall this was a good year for Czech prospects. Unfortunately Culek and Straka's production tanked. I'm thinking there will be quite a few Czech players drafted from the CHL in the next two years.

I think guys to go this year will be:
Machovsky
Honzik
Musil
Hrbas
Stransky
Uher

Who has a legitimate chance at being drafted from the Czech League?
Jaskin and Pribyl. Anyone else will be bonus.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 06:09 PM
  #4
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Jaskin and Pribyl. Anyone else will be bonus.
Who is Pribyl? I've never heard of him.

What round is he ranked in?

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 02:19 AM
  #5
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Btw. 2 of HC Zlín's promising prospects (Holík and Řezníček) are training this whole week with adult national team, because some players invited earlier will arrive next week. Good for them. Holík will be back for next years WJC and it will be interesting to see what he does next season with HC Zlín. I hope he'll get more ice time and PP time under new coach they have now.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 07:51 AM
  #6
cibtom
:(
 
cibtom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tampere
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to cibtom
Holik has quick hands, he's very skilled player, but too small Only 170 cm.

cibtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 07:53 AM
  #7
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cibtom View Post
Holik has quick hands, he's very skilled player, but too small Only 170 cm.
A team could take a chance on him in the 6th or 7th round, but that may be a bit of a stretch. From what I saw of him in the WJC, he's a good player, but doesn't really look to have NHL potential.

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:06 AM
  #8
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
A team could take a chance on him in the 6th or 7th round, but that may be a bit of a stretch. From what I saw of him in the WJC, he's a good player, but doesn't really look to have NHL potential.
He is not NHL prospect.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:08 AM
  #9
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Who is Pribyl? I've never heard of him.

What round is he ranked in?
Should be later round pick. Late 92 born tall winger with soft and quick hands, creative and instinctive player, good scoring touch.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 12:32 PM
  #10
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Should be later round pick. Late 92 born tall winger with soft and quick hands, creative and instinctive player, good scoring touch.
Thx for the info, good to hear that. 2 guys from Czech leagues would still be the best result since 2008 I think (Kubalík, Kundrátek).

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:49 AM
  #11
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 532
vCash: 200
Matěj Machovský has been awarded the F. W. "Dinty" Moore Trophy for the best goals against average in the OHL regular season for a first year goaltender. Guys in the past who have won this trophy have been Mrazek (2009/10) and Neuvirth (2006/07). Good to know we still have good goaltenders.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:50 AM
  #12
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 532
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I'm thinking there will be quite a few Czech players drafted from the CHL in the next two years.
Possibly Palat as well, in a similar fashion to Gudas last year.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 11:32 AM
  #13
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,119
vCash: 500
I was just looking through the 2008-2010 NHL drafts and I noticed that all of the Czech prospects born in 1990 seem to be looking very good. Michal Jordan, Tomas Kubalik, Tomas Vincour and Radko Gudas all look to have NHL futures ahead of them. Although there are so few of them, the scouts were very accurate in selecting the best of them.

How do you guys think the '89,'91,'92 and '93 classes will do?

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 10:55 AM
  #14
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I was just looking through the 2008-2010 NHL drafts and I noticed that all of the Czech prospects born in 1990 seem to be looking very good. Michal Jordan, Tomas Kubalik, Tomas Vincour and Radko Gudas all look to have NHL futures ahead of them. Although there are so few of them, the scouts were very accurate in selecting the best of them.

How do you guys think the '89,'91,'92 and '93 classes will do?
Who knows '89 probably won't be any better, the rest looks ok so far to me, but '94 seems to be quite weak (at least to me, I'm not an expert).

The truth is that numbers of drafted player are low recently, but positive thing is it's not going down even more. I think those 2 years of only 3 guys drafted were bottom years and 2010 was a little bit better and 2011/2012 seem to be at least same or better than 2010 in this way.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 01:04 PM
  #15
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Who knows '89 probably won't be any better, the rest looks ok so far to me, but '94 seems to be quite weak (at least to me, I'm not an expert).

The truth is that numbers of drafted player are low recently, but positive thing is it's not going down even more. I think those 2 years of only 3 guys drafted were bottom years and 2010 was a little bit better and 2011/2012 seem to be at least same or better than 2010 in this way.
That barely seems to be a positive.

2007 - 5 guys. Voracek in NHL. Repik is running out of time with Florida, high quality skills but sometimes that isn't enough. Future KHL player perhaps. Ruzicka isn't an NHL prospect, Roman isn't having a good year in the AHL and is very marginal. Ostrcil isn't an NHL prospect.

2008 - 3 guys. Kundratek is an NHL prospect but not anything earth shattering, and is a project. Could go either way. Jordan much the same. Kubalik has had a promising first AHL year and has potential, but isn't a surefire thing.

2009 - 3 guys. Nestrasil is borderline NHL prospect. Very talented hockey player but the skillset doesn't seem insync. Skating is an issue for sure. Could go either way. Horak has had a good year but at his age it should be expected. Greater knowledge on his future will be known next year. Vincour has seen NHL time but doesn't really have any high end skill. Still a pretty bad skater and projects to be a bottom six player.

2010 - 5 guys. Straka. Awful year and you have to wonder if he will even get signed at the moment. Gudas seems to have some NHl potential albeit not particular immense. Solid progression being made. Culek isn't an NHL prospect. Mrazek looks very promising. One the better goaltending prospects around. Polasek i am actually not that well informed on.

In 4 years we have 16 picks. The reason it isn't going down anymore is because it is basically impossible to happen. No matter how bad the programme is, a couple of picks each year is nearly always going to happen.

2007 is saved by Voracek. Otherwise awful. The only other potential player is Repik and as a Florida fan i can tell you time is running out. 2008 is terrible. 3 Mid tier NHL prospects ; the probability is only one will be a long-term NHL player. 2009 is the same, all 3 have NHL potential in different ways, but its unlikely they all pan out. 2010 is really bad if we ignore Mrazek and projecting Goalies is tough.

You are lucky if you get 5 long-term NHL players from this group (and excluding Voracek, lucky if any of them are impact players). It's highly likely that Switzerland for example will have more success from their 89-92 group.

2011 basically has Musil/Jaskin and little else. 2012 from what i've heard is pretty bad.

Does anybody know if serious changes are being made in Czech hockey? Clearly by now the serious health issue of Czech hockey has been diagnosed by all, but have any actual actions been undertaken to change this trend or are we still merely in the "Discussion" stage. It's a sad trend and one i hope can be reversed over time. Fact is, the Czech Republic is almost a non entity at the Junior level now. I mean i'd be suprised if NHL scouts even bother scouting the Czech Republic outside of international events much anymore.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 02:24 PM
  #16
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
That barely seems to be a positive.

2007 - 5 guys. Voracek in NHL. Repik is running out of time with Florida, high quality skills but sometimes that isn't enough. Future KHL player perhaps. Ruzicka isn't an NHL prospect, Roman isn't having a good year in the AHL and is very marginal. Ostrcil isn't an NHL prospect.

2008 - 3 guys. Kundratek is an NHL prospect but not anything earth shattering, and is a project. Could go either way. Jordan much the same. Kubalik has had a promising first AHL year and has potential, but isn't a surefire thing.

2009 - 3 guys. Nestrasil is borderline NHL prospect. Very talented hockey player but the skillset doesn't seem insync. Skating is an issue for sure. Could go either way. Horak has had a good year but at his age it should be expected. Greater knowledge on his future will be known next year. Vincour has seen NHL time but doesn't really have any high end skill. Still a pretty bad skater and projects to be a bottom six player.

2010 - 5 guys. Straka. Awful year and you have to wonder if he will even get signed at the moment. Gudas seems to have some NHl potential albeit not particular immense. Solid progression being made. Culek isn't an NHL prospect. Mrazek looks very promising. One the better goaltending prospects around. Polasek i am actually not that well informed on.

In 4 years we have 16 picks. The reason it isn't going down anymore is because it is basically impossible to happen. No matter how bad the programme is, a couple of picks each year is nearly always going to happen.

2007 is saved by Voracek. Otherwise awful. The only other potential player is Repik and as a Florida fan i can tell you time is running out. 2008 is terrible. 3 Mid tier NHL prospects ; the probability is only one will be a long-term NHL player. 2009 is the same, all 3 have NHL potential in different ways, but its unlikely they all pan out. 2010 is really bad if we ignore Mrazek and projecting Goalies is tough.

You are lucky if you get 5 long-term NHL players from this group (and excluding Voracek, lucky if any of them are impact players). It's highly likely that Switzerland for example will have more success from their 89-92 group.

2011 basically has Musil/Jaskin and little else. 2012 from what i've heard is pretty bad.

Does anybody know if serious changes are being made in Czech hockey? Clearly by now the serious health issue of Czech hockey has been diagnosed by all, but have any actual actions been undertaken to change this trend or are we still merely in the "Discussion" stage. It's a sad trend and one i hope can be reversed over time. Fact is, the Czech Republic is almost a non entity at the Junior level now. I mean i'd be suprised if NHL scouts even bother scouting the Czech Republic outside of international events much anymore.
Thx for your analysis:-) Maybe I've got just more of imagination, but I really think it could be even worse than it is now. You know, I don't like when somebody uses word "sad" when talking about this topic. I feel like sad are more serious things in life than hockey.

And yes, some things are happening to change the trend, but I don't have much insight and only time will tell how this works out.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 05:19 PM
  #17
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Who knows '89 probably won't be any better, the rest looks ok so far to me, but '94 seems to be quite weak (at least to me, I'm not an expert).

The truth is that numbers of drafted player are low recently, but positive thing is it's not going down even more. I think those 2 years of only 3 guys drafted were bottom years and 2010 was a little bit better and 2011/2012 seem to be at least same or better than 2010 in this way.
94´ is nothing special but still okay but actually 95´ looks very weak.
I don´t think we touched the floor yet...

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 04:38 AM
  #18
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
94´ is nothing special but still okay but actually 95´ looks very weak.
I don´t think we touched the floor yet...
And what do you think about this plan for the next season? I've read the first document and it looks like a good start. Do you think it is something that will work and make some kind of difference?

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 05:43 AM
  #19
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
And what do you think about this plan for the next season? I've read the first document and it looks like a good start. Do you think it is something that will work and make some kind of difference?
Purpose looks really well inspired by Swedish system, execution in Czech is always question.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2011, 01:23 PM
  #20
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Daniel Přibyl (already mentioned above) and Tomáš Rubeš, two notable prospects of Sparta Praha, scored their first Extraliga goals today in play out against Kladno There are major changes expected in Sparta next season, so they both could get regular roster spot for next season I think.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2011, 03:04 PM
  #21
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
HC Orli Znojmo today won ELJ champions title. Big part of their playoff run were also 2 players, who played for Czech Republic at WJC, Martin Pláněk and Tomáš Rachůnek. Both could be good Extraliga players in the future I think.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 11:31 AM
  #22
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
IIHF article about Dmitrij Jaškin: http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...ash=b3a904fa36

and Dan Sallows's Q and A with Daniel Přibyl: http://dansallows.com/interview-daniel-pribyl/


Last edited by zorz: 04-08-2011 at 11:44 AM.
zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 04:44 AM
  #23
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Yesterday HC Trinec won Extraliga title. One of the champions is also the guy who played for Czech Republic at this years WJC, Jakub Orsava. Great for him, nice accompilshment at the beginning of his career.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 09:25 AM
  #24
Eyelanders
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
I´m very interested in Czech prospects and I follow them closely, especially who play in CHL. But I don´t know much about ´94 born players. I have some names in my mind such as goalie Marek Langhamer, defensemen Karel Plasil and Petr Sidlik and forwards Radek Faksa and Patrik Machac. Plus Tomas Hertl, who is born in 1993, but is a late birthday, so he´s eligible to be drafted in 2012. I would like to hear strengths and weaknesses about those players who are above. Also would be great if someone could tell some other names who are promising. And I mean only guys who play right now in Czech.

Eyelanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 09:39 AM
  #25
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan789 View Post
I´m very interested in Czech prospects and I follow them closely, especially who play in CHL. But I don´t know much about ´94 born players. I have some names in my mind such as goalie Marek Langhamer, defensemen Karel Plasil and Petr Sidlik and forwards Radek Faksa and Patrik Machac. Plus Tomas Hertl, who is born in 1993, but is a late birthday, so he´s eligible to be drafted in 2012. I would like to hear strengths and weaknesses about those players who are above. Also would be great if someone could tell some other names who are promising. And I mean only guys who play right now in Czech.
You said pretty much all I know about that class. I've heard also that Knot is solid D-man. I hope somebody here will tell you more.

Btw, does anybody know some info about Richard Zehnal (and his brother too), he looks like interesting prospect according to his stats.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.