HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bolduc recalled/Oreskovich recalled(Emerg. Recall), Samuelsson to miss Wings game

Old
03-21-2011, 04:55 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
Is Henrik's wife expecting too? Or do they share a wife?
From time to time.

shortshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 05:04 PM
thenextone

Why are we sheltering Hodgson? The guy has shown at every level he's a big game player. What he's shown in his limited time here is that at the very least, he's a defensively responsible player. I don't think he's gonna take key draws with a minute left, but he can center a 3rd line in the NHL.

thenextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextone View Post
Why are we sheltering Hodgson? The guy has shown at every level he's a big game player. What he's shown in his limited time here is that at the very least, he's a defensively responsible player. I don't think he's gonna take key draws with a minute left, but he can center a 3rd line in the NHL.
yes, I agree.

Doesn't seem like much of a point keeping him in the AHL. Better off bringing him up, finding him some good linemates, and see if they can get some scoring out of his line. Feed him the easiest minutes, with Kesler and Lapierre sharing Malhotra's defensive work load.

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 05:33 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
I'm pretty confident Lapierre is going to be given some rope here to show what he can do on the third line. If he's competent, it's likely his job to run with. If he isn't, that's when I think we could see Hodgson.
this is certainly the impression that i get from the situation. and it makes some sense.

but at the same time, i have some real reservations about the way they're going about this. IF there are some lingering doubts as to whether Lappiere will be able to carry the load in that 3rd line C role, and a sense that they *might* have to bring Hodgson up to give it a try at some point...i'd rather see them do the audition process in the opposite order to what they seem to be doing.

ie. bring Hodgson up now and see if he's going to be able to fill that role, in a situation where he has time to adjust to an NHL role. if he can't, nothing lost really...you're just back where you started with Lappiere filling a role that he *has* played in before and he's basically the only viable option left on the table.

given the timeline in terms of limited games remaining...it would make a lot more sense to me to bring Hodgson up for a go right now, rather than just throwing him straight into the playoffs if Lappiere isn't working out or whatever.

but that's assuming there's any chance of Hodgson coming up at all (which could be a bit of a leap). so *sigh*, oh well.

just seems to me as though Hodgson offers a lot of potential upside that *should* be investigated. sure it's risky because he also offers a whol lot of potential downside if things don't work out...but what have they got to lose at this point, really?

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 05:40 PM
rye&ginger

Hodgson was poor on the draw, only 38.1%. With the way the 4th line WAS playing with the addition of Higgs and Lappy, we need someone to keep that momentum going. Bolduc may be the most ready to do that.

rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 05:40 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
this is certainly the impression that i get from the situation. and it makes some sense.

but at the same time, i have some real reservations about the way they're going about this. IF there are some lingering doubts as to whether Lappiere will be able to carry the load in that 3rd line C role, and a sense that they *might* have to bring Hodgson up to give it a try at some point...i'd rather see them do the audition process in the opposite order to what they seem to be doing.

ie. bring Hodgson up now and see if he's going to be able to fill that role, in a situation where he has time to adjust to an NHL role. if he can't, nothing lost really...you're just back where you started with Lappiere filling a role that he *has* played in before and he's basically the only viable option left on the table.

given the timeline in terms of limited games remaining...it would make a lot more sense to me to bring Hodgson up for a go right now, rather than just throwing him straight into the playoffs if Lappiere isn't working out or whatever.

but that's assuming there's any chance of Hodgson coming up at all (which could be a bit of a leap). so *sigh*, oh well.

just seems to me as though Hodgson offers a lot of potential upside that *should* be investigated. sure it's risky because he also offers a whol lot of potential downside if things don't work out...but what have they got to lose at this point, really?
My Homer view: The Moose have 9 games left and are jockeying for playoff position and need Cody's awesomeness to make a strong push into the postseason.

More realistic view: Rookies stole AV's lunch and now he will exact his revenge by crushing Cody's hopes and dreams.

PRNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 05:45 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye&ginger View Post
Hodgson was poor on the draw, only 38.1%. With the way the 4th line WAS playing with the addition of Higgs and Lappy, we need someone to keep that momentum going. Bolduc may be the most ready to do that.
I wouldn't read too much into the lousy percentage at this point, it's a very small sample size (42 draws taken). I don't see how someone with his talent/work ethic combined with Manny's lessons (he's clearly schooled all the centres on the team) couldn't improve that with more time in the show.

Old
03-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
My Homer view: The Moose have 9 games left and are jockeying for playoff position and need Cody's awesomeness to make a strong push into the postseason.

More realistic view: Rookies stole AV's lunch and now he will exact his revenge by crushing Cody's hopes and dreams.
As Sara Palin would (presumably) say, ******* the Moose, if Hodgson can help the Canucks then he needs to be playing in the NHL.

Also, about this word "realistic" -- I do not think it means what you think that it means.

edit: Why does the letter F followed by asterisks get censored into just asterisks? Is the first letter that dangerous?

Connecticut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 05:49 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
IMO this is what lineup we should be looking at going into the playoffs:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Samuelsson
Raymond-Hodgson-Hansen
Torres-Lapierre-Glass

Bieksa-Hamhuis
Edler-Ehrhoff
Salo-Ballard

Luongo
Schneider

03-21-2011, 05:50 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut View Post
As Sara Palin would (presumably) say, ******* the Moose, if Hodgson can help the Canucks then he needs to be playing in the NHL.

Also, about this word "realistic" -- I do not think it means what you think that it means.

edit: Why does the letter F followed by asterisks get censored into just asterisks? Is the first letter that dangerous?
lol I thought you dropped an epic swear word. Yes, in my homer view, once Cody singlehandedly delivers the Moose the highest possible playoff seed, he jets to Vancouver to save the day. And then does a massive backboard shattering dunk.

Old
03-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Jarko2004

Will Daniel ever really know for sure that he's the father?

What if the kid grows up to be more of a setup man than a scorer?

Jarko2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 06:02 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauser View Post
IMO this is what lineup we should be looking at going into the playoffs:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Samuelsson
Raymond-Hodgson-Hansen
Torres-Lapierre-Glass

Bieksa-Hamhuis
Edler-Ehrhoff
Salo-Ballard

Luongo
Schneider
I want to see this asap as well. I don't understand the delay of calling up Hodgson. Moose don't play until Friday and you'd want Hodgson up to speed. He uses up a call-up, oh well. We need him right now rather than a guy who separates his shoulders on draws or a make-shift centerman coming off an injury.

Shift the shut down responsibilities to Kesler again like last year and the 3rd line will attempt to be more an offensive line. For those complaining about Hodgson's speed, he is lined up with the 2 fastest skaters on our team, which should cover more area in the defensive zone.

thefeebster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextone View Post
CH has yet to show he can produce in the NHL.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Johnny Canucker

not to be mean but, is anyone else mad because I want Dank to win the Art Ross?

Johnny Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 06:15 PM
deckercky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Nor has Bolduc.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 06:16 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Canucker View Post
Yeah I'm not entirely sure I agree with his prioritizing. Stupid birth control using Steve Stamkos.

Old
03-21-2011, 06:19 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
But Bolduc and Oreskovich have?

1 goal and 1 assist in 8 games seeing very limited minutes on the 4th line isn't bad. How is CH going to show he can produce in the NHL unless he receives minutes?

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Momesso

Quote:
Neither has Bolduc outside of a handful of shifts last year. And that wasn't producing, just showing he could play. But at least Hodgson has the upside to surprise and has consistently shown some intelligence out there.

This is the perfect chance for him to play with some talent (rather than centering Oreskovich and Glass) and some minutes.

Outside of being caught up ice a couple of times and labouring back (rookie judgement errors), I didn't see Hodgson's lack of speed as a liability.

The other thing with Hodgson is the above comment about his character. He has shown the ability to elevate his game when it matters. That counts for something.

Momesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Momesso

Quote:
He'll win the Art Ross. Stamkos won't catch him unless he decides to take a week or more off.

Momesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 06:41 PM
FloydTheBarber

Any guesses on how long Bolduc will last before the next injury?

Hopefully when he does get injured, he does it in practice, instead of in game.

Once again the team will play with 11 forwards for the remainder of one of his games. Like he normally does.

FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 07:03 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
Well, so far in his career he's had the following stints in the NHL before getting injured:

09-10: 7 games (shoulder injury); 8 games (shoulder injury)

10-11: 1 game (ankle injury); 18 games (shoulder injury)

Maybe we should be taking bets to see how long he lasts before his shoulder goes out again.

opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 07:06 PM
serge2k

Well, I guess Daniel now has to win the hart, art ross, conn smythe, and stanley cup for his new baby.

Anything less just isn't satisfactory

and he's really ont that far behind for the richard too.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post

Hopefully when he does get injured, he does it in practice, instead of in game.

Once again the team will play with 11 forwards for the remainder of one of his games. Like he normally does.
Yeah, the only thing keeping me from being annoyed about Hodgson not coming up is the likelihood of Bolduc being on IR within a handful of games.

Lard_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Moore Money

Stop hating on the Duc. He is clearly a better option than Hodgson right now. We need someone that can skate and get in on the forecheck. That is not Hodgson.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Topp Spin
STIHL 286

Quote:
Am I mad?

-No; but I am worried that he could miss the 100 point mark? Yes I am, I think Daniel has the Art Ross locked up unless Stamkos goes on a real tear. I just hope he gets to the century point because Henrik did it last year and I like symmetry!

But being present for the birth of your child is far more important, so congrats to Daniel and his wife.

Topp Spin is offline   Reply With Quote