HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anaheim / Minnesota Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Howard35

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471
If I were Minnesota, I'd laugh Anaheim out the door at that offer.
laugh? understatement

is more like it

Old
08-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius
First of all, I'm no new Ducks fan. I've been a Ducks' fan since the all-star Guy Hebert days.

Let's not forget the fact Gaborik might have a say in this too. He's under contract now, but has already proven before he'll sit out if he doesn't get his way.

The allure of playing on an offense-first team, living in California, not having to carry an entire team on his back...I think he might very well like the trade idea.

Now the Ducks are deep in prospects, so that's why I added a draft pick could be involved. Let's make it a first and third round, maybe?

So Sykora, Salei, 1st and 3rd draft picks...for Henry and Gaborik.

I've seen much worse deals in hockey happen involving franchise players before.

On the point of Minnesota could just sign a FA, that is true, but they will be competing with other teams for those players, teams who might have more cash and cap room and who want them more. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

As for Brian Burke, I like his commitment to being offensive, but so far with the few moves he has done, he's not impressing me at all.
bro ur not understanding...

Think about it this way, would CBJ trade zherdev for sykora and salei alone? NO.. they can sign both types of players sykora and salei are for free, nothing, money only... i dont understand your agument, there isnt one, gaborik is 22, if he was 28 this might be another story, since he just needs a change of scenery and is struggling in minn, but hes 22 and only had a bad year due to a holdout, hell rebound a ton this year, A TON... and by the time the year is out, your gonna have to include a ton more with sykora and salei for MG... now if this was bouchard im sure it would be a little easier

Old
08-01-2005, 09:51 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius
Minnesota gets:
- P. Sykora
- R. Salei

Anaheim gets:
- M. Gaborik
- A. Henry

Maybe a draft pick somewhere in there as well...

I really like this deal for Anaheim, as they add size and toughness on D while adding a young RW that should be able to complement playing run-and-gun hockey nicely.

Minnesota on the other hand, loses their potential franchise player, but adds a proven, Cup-winning winger and a solid D-man who hits. Both players have come from defensive syle teams for the mostpart as well, so would fit in with Minnesota.

I think Anaheim is taking the much bigger risk in this deal, but could come out with the greater upside.

Thoughts?
Wow, what a horrible deal! Anahiem makes out like bandits. Sykora is no where in Gaborik's league value wise.

IF Gabby was to be dealt to the Ducks, guys like Bobby Ryan, Ryan Getzlaf, Cory Perry, Ladislav Smid, etc. would have to a part of some package

Closed Thread