HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hammond confirms jersey change for next season?

Old
03-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Bandit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
This goes along the lines of what I was gonna say. But do people on this board look around on games...the "thirds" are the reaaaaaally popular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
As much as many people here seem to have a distinct disdain for the black and white jerseys, the Kings sell a **** ton of them. Its pretty obvious why they are switching, the vast majority of people like them and are wearing them.
I guarantee you that if they actually sold the purple unis the team has been wearing this year instead of left over CCM stock from years ago they would be selling just as much if not more than the Blacks.

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 07:49 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

GO back to these!

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 08:37 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

I'm a big fan of the throwback uniforms. Before I saw them on the team this year I wouldn't have thought they looked that good, but they really come together as a whole uniform. I don't believe in the "black jerseys sell" approach. A good team will sell jerseys regardless. Imagine how Detroit would look if they switched to black just to sell jerseys. I'm pretty sure the success of their team is what drives sales of bright red jerseys.

In going with the throwback theme, I've been thinking about what the away versions would look like. I think most people agree that the mostly yellow jersey with purple stripes is a pretty ugly. A white version with purple and gold accents might be a better direction:

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
I'm a big fan of the throwback uniforms. Before I saw them on the team this year I wouldn't have thought they looked that good, but they really come together as a whole uniform. I don't believe in the "black jerseys sell" approach. A good team will sell jerseys regardless. Imagine how Detroit would look if they switched to black just to sell jerseys. I'm pretty sure the success of their team is what drives sales of bright red jerseys.

In going with the throwback theme, I've been thinking about what the away versions would look like. I think most people agree that the mostly yellow jersey with purple stripes is a pretty ugly. A white version with purple and gold accents might be a better direction:

Wow...that looks awesome.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 08:47 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
The Kings came closest to ever winning a Cup wearing those jerseys so I disagree.

Man you really have to be careful how you word things around here. Usually I wouldn't make a blanket statement like that. I typically make mention of the fact that they are representative of the worst period in Kings hockey. I believe the record with the current jerseys is the worst of any stretch in Kings history. Believe me, we're all Kings fans so we know how crappy they have been over the years but they were particularly bad from 2002-2009 during which the crown and the shield were worn on the current color scheme.

That is my personal reason for not liking them. LIke I said, i dont' really give a poop what jerseys they wear. But if you are actively lobbying for a specific jersey style that is out there (purple and gold) you might want to vote with your wallet or nobody is going to care.

I also disagree that team LA is some how pushing people or conditioning people to buy a certain jersey. I don't believe they have an agenda other than making money. People typically want somethign that is new, that is true. People usually like the things they buy. They don't go "those jerseys look like poop but they are new so I'll fork out $100 at this overpriced souvenir shop". People buy the third jersey because they like them, end of story. If the poll on Hammond's blog is representative of what is being sold in the store, I can guarantee you that you'll find them "pushing" them on people in no time.
02-09 was definatley a dark period, but for me, there was at least some hope during that time. That's why I think 94-95 to 97-98 was the worst. The whole franchise seemed hopeless, even though they made the playoffs once in that span.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:

damn, those are cool. i'd still rather have gold away jerseys, but since that's probably not gonna happen, that's cool. nice work!

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:

Everyone I talk to love those jersey's. Got a buddy who is a Hawks fan that went out and bought one of those just because he liked them that much.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 08:59 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:

I like it, but it is almost a direct copy of this uni:

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
i agree with the statement on DET. the same can be said for CHI, BOS, MTL.....they all essentially have the same jerseys since the start of time. NYR and TOR are very very close with subtle changes, which also keep them virtually unchanged

your road white i would rather see the white replaced with the gold and vice versa. embrace the gold, but don't over do it. i like the socks because it does just that, it downplays the gold and doesnt let it take over the look

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 09:15 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I also like the white, gold and purple color scheme.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 09:20 PM
johnjm22

Quote:

I like these also, but I'd like to see them given some sort of modern twist. Could you try that?

Maybe something that has the lines on the sleeves like the current thirds:

Old
03-21-2011, 10:30 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I'm a big fan of the throwback uniforms.

Those are the best looking King uni's that I have ever seen. If those would have been our uni's in the early 70's when I first started watching the team I would have wanted us to keep them for our entire existence like the Wings, the Habs etc.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos

Absolute WIN. This is what I want. Those are amazing. I would be psyched if we did this. We need to stage an intervention. Print those up and pass them around. Robitaille meets a lot of fans, someone should hand him a copy and see what he thinks. He is the big dog in the change in the first place.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 12:07 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Someone should have just emailed him those images a couple of hours ago.

Those are just the best.

Old
03-22-2011, 12:29 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

That's it right there for the road uniforms. Those look great.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 12:34 AM
reset
Puck Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
wow looks great!

reset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 12:47 AM
johnjm22

So is there anyone who doesn't like those uniforms?

Hammond's poll of about 4,000 people shows most prefer the retro look with forum blue and gold.

It seems pretty obvious to me what direction the Kings should go in regarding their uniforms.

Old
03-22-2011, 12:57 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I like these also, but I'd like to see them given some sort of modern twist. Could you try that?

not a fan of that at all. Looks like a women's jersey.

Old
03-22-2011, 01:00 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
So is there anyone who doesn't like those uniforms?

Hammond's poll of about 4,000 people shows most prefer the retro look with forum blue and gold.

It seems pretty obvious to me what direction the Kings should go in regarding their uniforms.
It's a good start, but those can be even better. Lose the Queen crown, maybe reconsider a way to not look like the Sabres.

Old
03-22-2011, 01:01 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
There are tons of shops where I live who would make NHL quality versions of those and I remember one in Culver City Ca that used to make custom jerseys as well.

I like those enough to where I would buy one if anyone else want to get a group together and get one it might make the cost go down a ton.

I am in.

Old
03-22-2011, 01:11 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
There are tons of shops where I live who would make NHL quality versions of those and I remember one in Culver City Ca that used to make custom jerseys as well.

I like those enough to where I would buy one if anyone else want to get a group together and get one it might make the cost go down a ton.

I am in.
Yeah, I would wear one of those even if the Kings never use them.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 01:25 AM
Whiskeypete

i emailed Hammond the links to this thread, the thread on LGK and the links to the polls i created. all we can hope for is this passes up the chain and they consider everything. anyone have any other email contacts in management or marketing? i will hit them up. wouldn't be the first time i've contacted C level contacts and VP's.

Old
03-22-2011, 01:30 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:

to busy imo. ive always preferred traditional, old school style of jerseys. if it looks like it came from the 40's - 70's i'm game. once they started tinkering with them all the time, they vast majority are crap. never been a fan of 'modern' styles and the current 3rd falls into that category for me. swapping the colors to f blue and gold is the same as putting lipstick on pig - it's still a pig no matter how you dress it up.

Old
03-22-2011, 01:41 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
I like it, but it is almost a direct copy of this uni:
I think the different striping and purple color is different enough to differentiate these two. It's actually based off of the devils road uni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
There are tons of shops where I live who would make NHL quality versions of those ...
... I would buy one if anyone else want to get a group together and get one it might make the cost go down a ton.
I am in.
I would definitely be in. I was already looking online to get a custom jersey. Not sure where you'd find the crown patch since it's different from the crown on the throwbacks this year (the colors are switched)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
i emailed Hammond the links to this thread, the thread on LGK and the links to the polls i created. all we can hope for is this passes up the chain and they consider everything. anyone have any other email contacts in management or marketing? i will hit them up. wouldn't be the first time i've contacted C level contacts and VP's.
If you're a season ticket holder/partial season ticket holder, there's a link on the season ticket holder page (www.lakings.com/seasontix) that lets you ask the Kings organization a question. I honestly don't know how high up it goes, but I'm sure if you've been a season ticket holder for a long time you might get in contact with the higher ups (maybe even Luc?).

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 05:14 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I guarantee you that if they actually sold the purple unis the team has been wearing this year instead of left over CCM stock from years ago they would be selling just as much if not more than the Blacks.
Exactly this. I would buy more than 1 authentic RBK purple and gold jersey if they would just ****ing sell them to me.

Quote:
That looks great! Works really well, I think.

I think you could even still go with gold as the main color if they didn't want white for some reason, the key is to break it up more than they did in the past. Purple pants and purple helmets to start. If that's not enough, add purple yokes or even use the mainly purple socks. The problem before was that EVERYTHING was gold.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote