HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Newsday:Aucoin rejects 4 yrs/$13m

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2005, 08:19 PM
turnbuckle*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
If you are expecting this (or think this happened), you are in for a rude awakening about Aucoin's PP prowess, shot accuracy, and overall PP contribution. FYI - Aucoin went a 1/2 of the past season WITHOUT scoring a goal. And Aucoin misses the net aplenty from the point ...
You're trying to tell me that those three solid dmen I listed didn't help the Islers get their decent offensive numbers? I suppose it was because of your scoring machines like Asham and Weinhandl. Gimme a break. Kvasha and Yashin are motivational leaders that will lead you to three Cups; they're the epitome of character players.

If I'm Gillet I wouldn't let Gainey trade Montreal's roster for the Islanders for all the tea in China.

Luckily, Aucoin is not a rose-coloured wearing Islander fan that actually thinks the club will be highly competitive over the next four years - he's heading to Montreal, where they will actually be making the playoffs.

Old
08-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle
Luckily, Aucoin is not a rose-coloured wearing Islander fan that actually thinks the club will be highly competitive over the next four years - he's heading to Montreal, where they will actually be making the playoffs.
In a week, if you prove to be wrong about this, you'll be called on it.

Old
08-01-2005, 09:16 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo
Gotta love that Yashin move. First they lose Spezza AND Chara for Yashin and now because of Yashin's contract they cant afford to sign many of there players

Whether the isles had Yashin on their roster or not,I wouldn't want them overpaying Aucoin.

and $4m for a very good,durable defensemen is overpaying.

Old
08-01-2005, 09:32 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle

really?

on the Habs board,there's a thread with a link to an RDS.ca article.Seems the Habs have pulled out of the Aucoin race,saying he wants too much money.

Old
08-01-2005, 10:25 PM
SaintRon

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x
the Pens are really getting on my nerves...they want everybody!!!

First Sidney (who wanted to go to Montreal)
then they want to sign Kovalev (that Montreal wanted to resign)
now Aucoin (that Montreal has alot of interest in)

what next?
Now that Foote's gone, Neids or Aucoin and Domi.

And a vet goalie.

I seem to have misplaced my checkbook.

Closed Thread