HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Flames - 03/21/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
03-22-2011, 03:16 AM
fsanford

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
I'm more worried about the potential loss of Scuderi. If its just a finger I imagine he can stick with it readily enough.
Murray's comment made it sound like it was not too serious..Finger tip injury was what he mentioned.

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:37 AM
dogyekcoh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Brown played like a captain tonight. Hit everything in sight, got involved in scrums and generated offence.

Simmonds did the same, especially loved his no nonsense take the puck to the net and steamroll Kipper move in the 2nd

Call Moller up anyway even if Williams isnt hurt, Stoll now is in dire need of a LW. Although a Richardson-Stoll-Simmonds line entices me, 3 fastest guys on the team on a line?

Kings only score 2 goals in 3 games, yet leave with 3 points. Ill gladly accept that
Yes, indeed Brown has pick up his game. He played much better the last 3 games.
Keep it going Brownie!

dogyekcoh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:43 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Frozen Royalty Audio and NHL Video: LA Kings Douse Flames In 2-1 Shootout Win

Frozen Royalty Audio and NHL Video: LA Kings Douse Flames In 2-1 Shootout Win

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:49 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Ugh, Justin Williams' injury is scary, ****.. Moller should get the call up

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 04:16 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

One more goal for Stollie and we will have six 20 plus goal scorers.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Orenji

Quote:
Highest shooting pct (min 5 shots)
Jarret Stoll 2010-11 LAK 7/8 = 87.50
Petteri Nummelin 2006-07 MIN 6/7 = 85.71
Wojtek Wolski 2008-09 COL 10/12 = 83.33
Patrik Elias 2007-08 NJD 5/6 = 83.33
Thomas Vanek 2010-11 BUF 5/6 = 83.33
Sidney Crosby 2009-10 PIT 8/10 = 80.00
Ray Whitney 2005-06 CAR 4/5 = 80.00
Jeremy Roenick 2007-08 SJS 4/5 = 80.00
Kristian Huselius 2007-08 CGY 4/5 = 80.00
Patrick O'Sullivan 2007-08 LAK 4/5 = 80.00
T.J. Oshie 2010-11 STL 4/5 = 80.00
Stoll currently has the highest shootout percentage ALL-TIME in shootouts.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 05:45 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Great pic!

Oh wow, that's a great picture. Looks like Doughty just *****-slapped Iggy hard.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 06:13 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince2010 View Post
I've never heard of a "good injury", so this means absolutely nothing.
A dislocated finger or a minor ankle sprain would be a good injury. I mean, if you're gonna be injured, those are the type to have.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 06:20 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Did you change your name adevandry?
Yeah. Been watching recordings of Parks and Recreation lately and I think the Ron character is badass.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 07:28 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Worried about Williams. He's been solid all season.

Kings split the season series with Calgary. I'm okay with this.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
It might be popular to bash on JJ right now, but he's been struggling for awhile, months.

Since he entered the league, actually. Don't worry. He'll get us that #2 centerman on draft day.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 08:58 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Boy View Post
JJs worst game of the season

No. He's had about 25 other games where he's played the same or worse.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Worried about Williams. He's been solid all season.

Kings split the season series with Calgary. I'm okay with this.
Kings won the season series.

Lost the second game of the season in Calgary by 1.

Then we beat them three straight times.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Fat Elvis

The thing I've noticed with JJ recently is that he isn't hitting anyone. The guy has lost that part of his game. Not sure if he's nursing some "upper body" injuries or not, guess we'll know after the season. But the guy has got to play more physical down the stretch here.

Smyth has been mammary glands on a bull. The guy got old overnight a few weeks back. This guy better step up or LA is in trouble. Thankfully the goalies have been some of the best players on the team, but you can't on winning games scoring 1 or 2 goals. The O has got to be better.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:30 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Bummer for Williams, I hope they give Holloway a look. He is a big game player that can finish. He's got 25 goals, you'd think that would be enough for a look. Could help the PP. Moller has 23 goals though.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:33 AM
lumbergh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
Oh wow, that's a great picture. Looks like Doughty just *****-slapped Iggy hard.
I would like to note the quiet defensive game that Doughty played all night to shut down Iginla. Sometimes you go up against a team, pick out a guy and try to shut him down. Iginla is one of those guys that just refuses to be shut down. Doughty did it to him last night.

Many were lamenting the drop in Doughty's offensive numbers this year, but he's doing it all on both ends of the ice now.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Extremely gritty game, you could tell how much these points meant to both teams. Calgary really needed more than 2 OTL points on this socal trip. These game are the perfect example of why the loser point is overrated and it validates what JT Dutch was saying a few days ago about Hammond talking about back to back 40 win and 100 point seasons. Calgary technically played .500 hockey over these two games, but they gave up four points to teams ahead of them in the standings and pretty much ended their season, barring a 6 of 7 finish. The Sharks can really deliver the death blow to them on Wednesday.

Stoll had his best game in quite some time. It really is amazing how much better certain guys play when they are comfortable. Stoll in a bottom 6 role where he isn't counted on to score goals and is allowed to play his game is perfect. A line of Richardson-Stoll-Simmonds is exactly the type of third line I am hoping the Kings have next season. I think getting away from Smyth obviously also helps, no way does Stoll get a chance like that with Smyth on his line.

Smyth and Handzus just isn't going to work. Smyth was yet again a minus last night. Not saying the goal was his fault. But he hasn't had a game where he was a plus in a month. Good skating teams, especially teams with mobile puck moving d-man are going to exploit the hell out of that line. Especially since the only guy who can move on that line often gets taken out of position making a big hit.

To bad about Williams, this was not the way I wanted to see Moller get called up. But it is what it is, if Williams is indeed out then Moller is going to need to come up and contribute. I am optimistic that he can do it, always been a fan of his. Hopefully Parse can also possibly step up and contribute if Williams is out for a while.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:05 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

When it comes to Scuderi, I hope it's a minor injury for sure but we also do have a couple days off here, hopefully he'll take advantage of that and rest the finger. I doubt we call up Voynov to replace him, it'll probably be Drewiske or something. I just hope we don't see a Johnson-Greene pairing, God that was the worst thing I've seen in years. If Williams is out for a long period of time, which I assume he is, Oscar Moller needs to be the call up, it just wouldn't be fair if it wasn't him

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:07 AM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Tonelli
re: the too many men

Scuds was hurt and took his sweet time getting to the bench. Mitchell was his change. Kopi received a pass and was bobbling it a little, possibly setting himself up for a big hit, so he dropped it back along the boards. Scuds wasn't to the bench yet and Willie saw that the Flames might have a scoring chance because Scuds was out of the play, so he probably got a little excited and jumped. I think the far side defenseman would have had it covered, though. I can't blame TM for that. I think mutual responsibility goes to Scuds and Mitchell, the latter for not getting off fast enough and the former for jumping too soon. At the same time, gotta wonder just how hurt Rob was. It's not like him to put his team at risk like that.
You know, there was a Calgary too many men earlier in the game that looked EXACTLY the same (man coming off about 10-12 feet from the bench) that didn't get seen/called. I saw it, Bob Miller saw it, you probably saw it, but none of the officials apparently did. Would have been nice to see some leniency from the refs considering Scuderi was obviously hurt. It didn't help that the man coming on received the puck right away, though.

Question about the "stick-breaking" PP earlier in the game: Kings had 2 men without sticks, and at one point one of them (I believe Kopitar) was able to get off for a change. Is it illegal for the man coming on to bring an extra stick? Assume so since I've never seen it happen.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:14 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

They mentioned when Ryger(sp) picked up Kippi's stick to hand it to him that it it would be a penalty if he played the puck while holding 2 sticks, good question I would think it would be ok as long as he did not play the puck while holding the 2 sticks.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh View Post
I would like to note the quiet defensive game that Doughty played all night to shut down Iginla. Sometimes you go up against a team, pick out a guy and try to shut him down. Iginla is one of those guys that just refuses to be shut down. Doughty did it to him last night.
Agree 100%. Doughty was great defensively last night and trolling Iginla hard and living rent-free in his head.

Also want to mention the hustle by Simmonds to keep the puck in the zone for the Stoll goal was the Simmonds of last year. Glad to see him back. He's going to be a force downt he stretch. Poni took a couple bad penalties but also hustling all night. He makes some boneheaded plays here and there, but has to be one of the better skaters in the league at that size.

Also Brown and Quick were awesome.

JJ...

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:26 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
You know, there was a Calgary too many men earlier in the game that looked EXACTLY the same (man coming off about 10-12 feet from the bench) that didn't get seen/called. I saw it, Bob Miller saw it, you probably saw it, but none of the officials apparently did. Would have been nice to see some leniency from the refs considering Scuderi was obviously hurt. It didn't help that the man coming on received the puck right away, though.

Question about the "stick-breaking" PP earlier in the game: Kings had 2 men without sticks, and at one point one of them (I believe Kopitar) was able to get off for a change. Is it illegal for the man coming on to bring an extra stick? Assume so since I've never seen it happen.
The difference in Calgary's too many men and ours is that Mitchell played the puck clear as day, as Scuds was passing him. Weird that he took so long to get off the ice when it was his finger tip. I know you can be in a lot of pain, but the way he was skating, I thought it was his OTHER finger tip, if you get my drift.

As far as two sticks are concerned, no player at any time is allowed to hold two sticks at once when on the ice. It's an automatic penalty.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:41 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
As far as two sticks are concerned, no player at any time is allowed to hold two sticks at once when on the ice. It's an automatic penalty.
I'm pretty sure a player can have two sticks, they just can't participate in the play in any way. I think it's designed to allow players to pick up a goalie's dropped stick and hand it to them.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:46 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
I'm pretty sure a player can have two sticks, they just can't participate in the play in any way. I think it's designed to allow players to pick up a goalie's dropped stick and hand it to them.
Oh yeah, good point. Duh.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:48 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Gangsters do not quote Flight of the Concords. You are negating your own street cred, 2short.
"But I'm only talkin bout flight of the conchords"

Does quoting Shaft help?

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote