HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cartsie Revisted

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2011, 11:03 AM
  #51
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Stop with the busted ankle and played through injury, he has not shown up in the playoffs, this is his time to prove he can play in that type of atmosphere:

41 games, 12 goals, 7 assists, 19pts, and a -11. Not exactly the most impressive stats. At this level it is not about how you can outplay the other players with your skills, it is about who wants it more, who has the heart to take their game to the next level.

And of course this, if he only had a one-time shot or get it up high there might have been a game 7!!!!


you and JXC need to find another place to troll.

GoneFullHextall is online now  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:03 AM
  #52
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Then stop talking about the Art Ross. It is won by the best player in the league. In this league, that player has been around age 30 for the past 10 years since it was held by Gretzky, Lemieux and Jagr for 20 years. Go look at players.

Lets look at Flyers:
Bobby Clarke: Best years age 24-29.
John Leclair: Best years age 26-30
Eric Lindros: Best years age 20-26 (Injurys slowed him down)
Bill Barber: Best years age 24, 26,27, 29, 30,
Brian Propp: Best years age 23-30
Tim Kerr: Best years age 24,26,27,28,30.

I stopped looking after this. I haven't found an example of a Flyer having his best years behind him at 25.
The best season of Kerr's career came when he was 25.

Propp's best two years were 25-26, and after the age of 27 his production plummeted.

Barber: best season of his career came when he was 23.

Lindros... too easy.

Leclair: Great 25-29, fell off completely after 30.

Clarke: Best seasons of his career were 23, 25, and 26... and 26 was the final year he broke 100 pts.

Jester is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:04 AM
  #53
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I would love to see a video of Cartsiephan skating with 2 broken feet
Can a person skate in a wheelchair?

MsWoof is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:06 AM
  #54
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Can a person skate in a wheelchair?
you can roll

orange is better is online now  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:08 AM
  #55
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Ask Mario Lemieux and Gretzky and Jagr why they didn't keep winning them. Answer=injury slowed them down/the clutch and grab era. You could cross check a guy all day in front of the net, use your stick to waterski with him and hack his ankles without a penalty. All of those guys were slowed due to injury. Mario Lemieux himself was big on having the game changed to allow skilled players to play. And as such, the Sedins, St. Louis, Selanne, B. Richards, Iginla are all having career type years in their 30's. There is no reason to think Crosby/Ovechkin will not win the trophy after age 26.
Everyone else was getting clutched and grabbed, so that's a completely useless tangent to follow. They didn't keep winning 'em because new players came along that were younger and better than the 30+ y/o versions of themselves.

Who is saying they won't win the trophy after the age of 26? They very well might, because they're generational talent well beyond the normal pool. However, Sidney Crosby 20-26 is almost certainly going to have been a more productive offensive player than Sidney Crosby 27-33.

Quote:
Look at recent history - you have Stamkos + the 03 draft dominating the league. Those same guys will continue dominating the league the next 10 years.
No, they won't. The new crop of young talent that is always coming into the league will make their mark as well. Do you really not think dominating players will continue to develop and be drafted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
i dont really understand how not winning the art ross trophy after 25 means that your best years are behind you. you dont need to win the art ross to have prolonged success.

both of your arguements are stupid. stop, and talk about jeff carter damn it!
That isn't the argument. The argument that hockeypete49 cited was Sawdalite suggesting that Giroux was "young" if you wanted to talk about him not being a 100 pt guy in the league.. he's really not. Neither is Carter, for that matter.

Jester is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:22 AM
  #56
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I would love to see a video of Cartsiephan skating with 2 broken feet
Played in the final two games of my NCAA soccer career with a broken toe. Gagne played with a broken foot. And since when is the foot connected to the heart, because he has had plenty of other chances to show up.

Cartsiephan* is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:24 AM
  #57
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Can a person skate in a wheelchair?
Awww, how cute. Nothing I love better than the fanfare for the two leaders of the Olde City Crew. Just win and forever cement their legacy, lose and the monkey will be square on their backs with the big contracts and no big trophy to show for it. AKA- Joe Thornton.

Cartsiephan* is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:27 AM
  #58
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 38,903
vCash: 500
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Carter is a good hockey player and is an incredibly important part of this team.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:28 AM
  #59
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Played in the final two games of my NCAA soccer career with a broken toe. Gagne played with a broken foot. And since when is the foot connected to the heart, because he has had plenty of other chances to show up.
You're comparing a toe to a broken foot? Yeah, those aren't one and the same.

Jester is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:29 AM
  #60
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Played in the final two games of my NCAA soccer career with a broken toe. Gagne played with a broken foot. And since when is the foot connected to the heart, because he has had plenty of other chances to show up.
In case you havent noticed, Carter is a very good skater and his game revolves around skating well

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:34 AM
  #61
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,014
vCash: 500
Why did I bother opening this thread?

Ugh more Carter hate from Cartsiephan, this is awful and so predictable.


It doesn't matter if Carter goes onto score 20 goals this post season, the haters will still rise and come back making up ********.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:37 AM
  #62
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Carter is a good hockey player and is an incredibly important part of this team.
Now when you say "limb", do you mean tree or human? If the former, please provide the type of tree, trunk circumference, relative size, proximity to forest, and height of aforementioned limb from the ground. Because if we've learned anything from these types of threads, we need to know everything even remotely related to the topic at hand to warrant holding an opinion.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:40 AM
  #63
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 38,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Now when you say "limb", do you mean tree or human? If the former, please provide the type of tree, trunk circumference, relative size, proximity to forest, and height of aforementioned limb from the ground. Because if we've learned anything from these types of threads, we need to know everything even remotely related to the topic at hand to warrant holding an opinion.
Good point. Since I know I'm right, I'd say it's a branch the size of a fully grown redwood, growing out of another redwood, and not only that....the tree is clutch. The stats support it.

edit: oh god what have i done

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:44 AM
  #64
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Good point. Since I know I'm right, I'd say it's a branch the size of a fully grown redwood, growing out of another redwood, and not only that....the tree is clutch. The stats support it.

edit: oh god what have i done
Most trees are only good on paper.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:49 AM
  #65
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
you and JXC need to find another place to troll.
Sorry, did not know that calling into question some of our own players was considered trolling, thought it was just not being a pj wearing homer?

Cartsiephan* is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:52 AM
  #66
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You're comparing a toe to a broken foot? Yeah, those aren't one and the same.
Attempt to kick or run with a broken toe, I care to differ, the pain is still the same. The point is, Carter was good enough to get on the ice and play(so was Gagne), so using the "he played on two broken feet" excuse is just not cutting it.

Cartsiephan* is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:54 AM
  #67
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 38,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Most trees are only good on paper.
haha, bravo.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:55 AM
  #68
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Why did I bother opening this thread?

Ugh more Carter hate from Cartsiephan, this is awful and so predictable.


It doesn't matter if Carter goes onto score 20 goals this post season, the haters will still rise and come back making up ********.
The only thing that can save Carters legacy at this point is to win the Stanley Cup. Otherwise he can take the stats and cash them with his paycheck, because at that point he is no different than Joe Thornton.


Hater going to hate, please. Nothing I want more than a Stanley Cup, it is that time of the season where it is time for the prime time players to show up and get it done, anything short of a parade should be considered a failure by the players and the fans.

And just an FYI, I am old enough to remember the last parade, so save me the hate or negadelphia nonsense.

Cartsiephan* is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:57 AM
  #69
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Sorry, did not know that calling into question some of our own players was considered trolling, thought it was just not being a pj wearing homer?
I am the last person who is a homer here. If you pay attention to any of my posts you should know this. you are different. You and your boy JXC spew the same garbage over and over again.
All you want is to stir **** up and draw attention to yourself. Which is why I am done here. I am not going to feed any more into your childish ****ing game.

GoneFullHextall is online now  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:57 AM
  #70
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Carter is a good hockey player and is an incredibly important part of this team.
Precisely, which is why it is vital that he have a good playoffs. He may be the most important piece of this run, because they are going to need he and Giroux to score. I have a feeling that eventually we may see Nodl on the wing with Richards and Versteeg and a more defensive line and JvR on the wing with Giroux and Carter, it makes it imperitive that they contribute.

Cartsiephan* is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 11:58 AM
  #71
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I am the last person who is a homer here. If you pay attention to any of my posts you should know this. you are different. You and your boy JXC spew the same garbage over and over again.
All you want is to stir **** up and draw attention to yourself. Which is why I am done here. I am not going to feed any more into your childish ****ing game.
It is just an opinion, and until Cartsie comes up and scores in the playoffs the stats are the facts....he has yet to show up in the playoffs.

Cartsiephan* is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 12:02 PM
  #72
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Attempt to kick or run with a broken toe, I care to differ, the pain is still the same. The point is, Carter was good enough to get on the ice and play(so was Gagne), so using the "he played on two broken feet" excuse is just not cutting it.
I have... I've broken my big toes (on both feet) more than once playing baseball and fouling balls off of 'em. I've also broken my ankle. Not even remotely the same. You can stand pain free on a broken toe, you cannot stand pain free on a broken ankle/foot.

I also very much doubt you came back early from a surgically repaired broken bone, too. It's also fascinating that you conflate Gagne (one broken foot) to Carter, two broken feet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
The only thing that can save Carters legacy at this point is to win the Stanley Cup. Otherwise he can take the stats and cash them with his paycheck, because at that point he is no different than Joe Thornton.


Hater going to hate, please. Nothing I want more than a Stanley Cup, it is that time of the season where it is time for the prime time players to show up and get it done, anything short of a parade should be considered a failure by the players and the fans.

And just an FYI, I am old enough to remember the last parade, so save me the hate or negadelphia nonsense.
Why do you think your age reduces the negadelphia tag? If anything, it reinforces it.

Jester is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 12:16 PM
  #73
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Attempt to kick or run with a broken toe, I care to differ, the pain is still the same. The point is, Carter was good enough to get on the ice and play(so was Gagne), so using the "he played on two broken feet" excuse is just not cutting it.
Yeah and he still scored 7 points in 12 games.

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 12:26 PM
  #74
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I have... I've broken my big toes (on both feet) more than once playing baseball and fouling balls off of 'em. I've also broken my ankle. Not even remotely the same. You can stand pain free on a broken toe, you cannot stand pain free on a broken ankle/foot.

I also very much doubt you came back early from a surgically repaired broken bone, too. It's also fascinating that you conflate Gagne (one broken foot) to Carter, two broken feet...

I thought the first foot was healed? Which means technically it was still only one foot. He is not going to be on the ice with one broken foot, never mind two broken feet. I think it is safe to say that he was healed enought to be able to put a skate on and play.


Quote:
Why do you think your age reduces the negadelphia tag? If anything, it reinforces it.

I embrace it, it is what Philly fans who have been around long enough are about. The Iggles, the Phils, the Flyers, all snake bit.

Yes the Eagles fans did boo santa, but no one knows the real reason. The reason is about passion, the Philly fans are a passionate group about their teams.

A lot of this is lost by some of the newer fans who tend to associate their love to the names like Carter and Richards. Losing to the Oilers and Isles, two of the dynasty's of the 1980's was heartbreaking. I carry that to this day, and until they win a Cup the expectations will be higher at every turn.

Cartsiephan* is offline  
Old
03-22-2011, 12:38 PM
  #75
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
I thought the first foot was healed? Which means technically it was still only one foot. He is not going to be on the ice with one broken foot, never mind two broken feet. I think it is safe to say that he was healed enought to be able to put a skate on and play.
No, the first foot was not fully healed... and he came back early on it. Then he came back early on the 2nd one, and was well below conditioning level.

There's a big difference between "healed enough" and "healed".

Jester is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.