HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bolduc recalled/Oreskovich recalled(Emerg. Recall), Samuelsson to miss Wings game

Old
03-21-2011, 08:40 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATJAM View Post
Seriously, heard of planned parenting? Have your babies in the off season, wrap it up in the meantime Dank!
what do you think he did all last off season! no hockey, time on his hands........

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 500
Hodgson should have been called up... Has av given a reason why bolduc was called up instead of hodgson?

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 09:27 PM
vadim sharifijanov
Rrbata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauser View Post
IMO this is what lineup we should be looking at going into the playoffs:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Samuelsson
Raymond-Hodgson-Hansen
Torres-Lapierre-Glass

Bieksa-Hamhuis
Edler-Ehrhoff
Salo-Ballard

Luongo
Schneider
my bottom six would be:

torres hodgson raymond
glass lapierre hansen

and we would limit the third line's minutes against dangerous opposition. i don't know if cap is an issue with the hodgson call up, but if at all possible, i would call him up now and give him those two former 25 goal scorers to play with and see if we can manufacture some kind of tertiary scoring threat. we have the division, are coasting to 1st overall, and now is the time to experiment. give it three or four games, see if it works, let them try to build some chemistry. if it's flops, then bring up bolduc or whomever.

also, i'd be happy to entrust that fourth line with some of the shutdown minutes that malhotra's line used to handle.

that d is phenomenal though. you'll never have to worry about what pair is on the ice.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Lemurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Hodgson should have been called up... Has av given a reason why bolduc was called up instead of hodgson?
I think 48% on faceoffs instead of 38% might have something to do with it...

More seriously, both Lapierre and Bolduc are better defensive players than Hodgson is right now - and we're looking at a defensive hole in the roster.

Bolduc fits the team's current needs better - and doesn't require retooling the team's entire approach to games in order to accommodate an offensive rather than defensive third line, which is what we'd have with Cody Hodgson as a third line center.

Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 10:46 PM
billvanseattle

art ross

hmmm.... while Stamkos had a massive lead in this race 3 months ago, and then crosby, all it will take to make this interesting (or a non event) is for either Stamkos or Dank to have a 5 pt night.

someone was asking about salary cap implications with a hodgson call up - there shouldnt be any because Malhotra is now on LTIR for $2.5M/yr ... Hodgson is way less than that.

Personally I would like to see Hodgson up; if he has any chance of being useful in the playoffs, he needs to start performing now. He has a much higher upside than Bolduc, though prob not this year. Arguments against ... the Moose need him more ... and Bolduc is probably a better fit right now.

I think we see Shirokov and Hodgson get a shot once their seasons end ...

billvanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 11:44 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauser View Post
IMO this is what lineup we should be looking at going into the playoffs:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Samuelsson
Raymond-Hodgson-Hansen
Torres-Lapierre-Glass

Bieksa-Hamhuis
Edler-Ehrhoff
Salo-Ballard

Luongo
Schneider
i like the looks of this lineup if Hodgson proves he can pull his weight in that sort of role. i don't see any reason it isn't at least worth investigating at this point. there's a pretty steep potential upside with Hodgson...but there's also a pretty steep downside if he ends up in way over his head. but hey...they were saying he was sent down to get big minutes because there wasn't a real role for him on this team...now there's an opening. just roll the two bottom-6 lines with roughly split ice time.

but if something like that is going to work...i'd think they need to try it out sooner rather than later, with limited games remaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
CH has yet to show he can produce in the NHL.
that's a flawed approach to it IMO. a bit of a catch-22. if you can't insert Hodgson into the lineup until he's proven that he can produce...then he's never going to get a chance to get into the lineup and produce to prove that he can be inserted into the lineup...and you've completely wasted a 1st round pick.

obviously this is a strange situation, and he would be stepping onto a legitimate cup contender...so the expectations are sky high in that regard. and he very well may not be ready... but at some point you have to give him a chance to really show whether he's able to produce or not. and it seems like now would be a good time...

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 12:01 AM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Yeah I'm not entirely sure I agree with his prioritizing. Stupid birth control using Steve Stamkos.
I don't know maybe he is trying to be the Shawn Kemp of the NHL... I remember hearing about the "Seen Stamkos" going on I think all his baby mama's even created a website :p

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 12:18 AM
rye&ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
I wouldn't read too much into the lousy percentage at this point, it's a very small sample size (42 draws taken). I don't see how someone with his talent/work ethic combined with Manny's lessons (he's clearly schooled all the centres on the team) couldn't improve that with more time in the show.
Yeah it is a small sample, but it will likely take more than a few weeks/months for CH to become a great face off guy. A lot of it is strength, and he is not completely filled out yet either. Im just thinking AV feels he should promote Lappy or Higgins to centre the 3rd line, so he is looking to call up someone for the 4th line. Lappy has a good face of % this year, lets not forget that.

Last edited by rye&ginger: 03-22-2011 at 12:27 AM.
rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 02:26 AM
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Samuelsson
Raymond - Lapierre - Hodson
Torres - Rypien/Bolduc - Hansen

If Laps has to play 3rd line C, the return of Rypien could be a lot more important then anyone initially thought.

JannikAtTheDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:04 AM
Anodyne

I would like to try

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson
Torres-Higgins-Hansen
Tambellini-Lapierre-Glass

Or something of that nature, maybe without Tambellini. I'd just like to see what Higgins can do at 3LC, but I don't know who would best suit him for wingers yet.

Anodyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:43 AM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
I want to see this asap as well. I don't understand the delay of calling up Hodgson. Moose don't play until Friday and you'd want Hodgson up to speed. He uses up a call-up, oh well. We need him right now rather than a guy who separates his shoulders on draws or a make-shift centerman coming off an injury.

Shift the shut down responsibilities to Kesler again like last year and the 3rd line will attempt to be more an offensive line. For those complaining about Hodgson's speed, he is lined up with the 2 fastest skaters on our team, which should cover more area in the defensive zone.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=96546

Besides the fact that the Canucks are securely in a playoff spot already, there are other considerations as well: Hodgson has played 8 games this year... remember, the Canucks save another year before he can achieve UFA status if he plays 9 games or less.

Hodgson will be up with the big squad for the playoffs... I guarantee it.

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 04:36 AM
jigsaw99

ugh Boduc indeed... this guy gets more chances than Rick Rypien.

jigsaw99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 04:38 AM
jigsaw99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelKesler View Post
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Samuelsson
Raymond - Lapierre - Hodson
Torres - Rypien/Bolduc - Hansen

If Laps has to play 3rd line C, the return of Rypien could be a lot more important then anyone initially thought.
Did you already forget how terrible Rick Rypien was centering the 4th line? Actually, did you forget how terrible Rick Rypien was anywhere in the line up? We don't be able to play the 4th line if he was there in the playoffs. 2min max. He doesn't even look good so far in his return to the Moose and is -2 with no points in 2 games. Doesn't deserve any call ups.

Last edited by jigsaw99: 03-22-2011 at 04:43 AM.
jigsaw99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 06:10 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by number13baby View Post
I would like to try

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson
Torres-Higgins-Hansen
Tambellini-Lapierre-Glass

Or something of that nature, maybe without Tambellini. I'd just like to see what Higgins can do at 3LC, but I don't know who would best suit him for wingers yet.
Looks ok to me, no Bolduc, Rypien or Hodgson.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 06:24 AM
MrJonas

I don't like this. This means that Stamkos is "only" 7 points behind with two more games to play than Daniel, plus he has the tiebreaker with his goals. Damn you reproductive function.

MrJonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:32 AM
wholesickcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBCsalmonslayer View Post
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=96546

Besides the fact that the Canucks are securely in a playoff spot already, there are other considerations as well: Hodgson has played 8 games this year... remember, the Canucks save another year before he can achieve UFA status if he plays 9 games or less.

Hodgson will be up with the big squad for the playoffs... I guarantee it.
That's if he goes back to juniors, which of course isn't the case here.

wholesickcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 12:20 PM
LadyJet26
Lest We Forget

vCash: 829
According to Ian Walker's twitter, Daniel and his wife welcomed a baby girl last night. Good job baby, knowing the importance of arriving at the right time!

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 12:24 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseHunter View Post
According to Ian Walker's twitter, Daniel and his wife welcomed a baby girl last night. Good job baby, knowing the importance of arriving at the right time!
That is definitely Sedin-esque timing.

PRNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseHunter View Post
Clutch baby.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Proto

Can Bolduc break his record streak and stay in the line-up for like 20 games in a row?

Considering the 4th line will probably play 3 minutes a night now, he has a shot.

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Daryl

Danny,probably a good thing that he's going to sit out,in a way taking a little rest and staying with the family. I'm sure,we'll do fine without him.

Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Clutch baby.
Well played.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 01:40 PM
RJC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
Danny,probably a good thing that he's going to sit out,in a way taking a little rest and staying with the family. I'm sure,we'll do fine without him.
Wait what

RJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 01:56 PM
joe89

Totally whipped

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 01:57 PM
petrishriekandgo
Why not us?

Congrats Danny... you'll need to score a goal for each kid tonight so that's a hatty yes? Hey... you've scored 4 against the wings before... why not 3 tonight?

petrishriekandgo is offline   Reply With Quote