HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Congrats to Dubi on his first 50 point season!

Old
03-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Too much emphasis has been placed on my 3rd line comment. My point is a top 6 F should possess certain offensive traits that Dubi doesnt possess in my opinion. AA and Cally on the other hand do have those instincts in my opinion. So, AA and Cally are 4th and 5th F's. If you want to say Dubi is #6, great. He barely cracks the top 6. I think this season is as good as it gets for Dubi. I love his game but he doesn't have the skills or the instincts to be an offensive talent that you can rely on the consistently score against the other teams best defensive players... unlike the other 5 guys in the top 6.

And the point is, he's going to expect to be paid like a 65 point scorer and I don't think giving it to him makes this team better
Care to provide some details instead of speaking in silly and meaningless generalities like #4,5,6 forwards and "not possessing certain offensive traits."

Because when I watch Dubinsky and compare him to Callahan and Anisimov, I see a guy who is a better puck carrier, a better puck protector in the corners/dirty areas of the ice, and, probably most importantly, a far better passer. This is coming from a guy that loves Callahan and thinks Anisimov has some promise.

But honestly, at this point, your analysis is ass-backwards.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 02:22 PM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
What offensive traits does Dubinsky lack?

If you can't acknowledge his skillset, then you either:

1) Dislike him
2) Dont watch enough of him

Not sure where you fall between, Turcotte. Somewhere in the middle, probably.
I'd say I've seen about 70% of his career shifts give or take. Much of the home games I see live.

His vision is well below avg in my opinion. He does have good speed and balance so your points about him shielding the puck are valid. Often when he shields the puck you'll note that his head is down. His agility isn't great so the D you've seen him beat aren't likely top D-men. If he had to go up against top pair d-man, he wouldn't stick handle past any of them. He has a good shot when he has time but its not a quick release like goal scorers have. He also rarely puts the puck up high in tight. Driving to the net is great but you won't see him do anything creative when he does like players who actually do have a nose for the net.

I like Dubinsky and think he has a great role to play. He works hard, wins battles and brings a lot to the table. However, he's not as good as all you think he is nor is he worth the money he thinks he's worth. THATS MY POINT. Clearly I haven't made it well.

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 06:08 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
I'd say I've seen about 70% of his career shifts give or take. Much of the home games I see live.

His vision is well below avg in my opinion. He does have good speed and balance so your points about him shielding the puck are valid. Often when he shields the puck you'll note that his head is down. His agility isn't great so the D you've seen him beat aren't likely top D-men. If he had to go up against top pair d-man, he wouldn't stick handle past any of them. He has a good shot when he has time but its not a quick release like goal scorers have. He also rarely puts the puck up high in tight. Driving to the net is great but you won't see him do anything creative when he does like players who actually do have a nose for the net.

I like Dubinsky and think he has a great role to play. He works hard, wins battles and brings a lot to the table. However, he's not as good as all you think he is nor is he worth the money he thinks he's worth. THATS MY POINT. Clearly I haven't made it well.
No you havent not at all, because without Dubi were not in the Playoffs this year and that is for damn sure. I dont think i could say the same about any other forward. I dont know what money were talking about here but i would have no prob giving him 4million, 4 years etc, similar with Cally who id give about 3.5 4 years but likely they will get the same thing.

He may not be the highest hockey sense guy on the team, but were are not blessed with that in too many guys, Zucc imo when it comes to seeing the ice is the best. Gabs has the scoring instinct and quick release but that means nothing if u dont have guys like Dubi creating those plays.

Strength sure could use work no doubt, him and Anisimov but that type things is something that could be improved with extra off ice work. Imagine than with added strength guys wouldint take the puck from him and AA in the corners...scary. Consistency was his biggest issue which has def gotten better this year, and i think room for improvment is still there mostly Dubi and AA.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 07:15 PM
darrenturcotte#8

He's come up huge this yr. I hope he does it every yr for the rest of his career. I just don't think he will... Wouldn't be the first guy in the NHL to have a great yr and then go back to 40-50 points/yr. And $4.5m/yr for 5 yrs isn't what you're gonna want it if goes that way. I hope I'm dead wrong and he signs for $3m/yr and keeps up scoring big goals.

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote