HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer wristshot blade

Old
03-22-2011, 01:53 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Bauer wristshot blade

So I am using the PM9 blade on my TotalOne which I have grown to love and has become the best all-around blade for me. Thing is, when I play, I rarely ever use slap/snap shots. It is always wristers. Is there a blade that Bauer makes which is better suited for wrist shots? If I had a guess I would assume the P88 or the P92. Saw a kid using the P92 curve and it seemed so easy for him to get lift on his shots.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

I'd say the P92 is best suited for you.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 02:04 PM
ponder

It does depend where you shoot from - if you shoot more from the heel, then a heel curve will work well (such as the PM9 that you use, or a P91A if you want something more open), but if you shoot more from the middle of the blade, then a mid curve will work well (such as a P88, or a P92 if you want something more open). A lot of people feel more natural shooting from the mid blade on wristers, and if you want more lift on your shots then a more open curve can help, so the P92 would probably be a good choice for you, it's Bauer's clone of Easton's Sakic curve.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 02:08 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
It does depend where you shoot from - if you shoot more from the heel, then a heel curve will work well (such as the PM9 that you use, or a P91A if you want something more open), but if you shoot more from the middle of the blade, then a mid curve will work well (such as a P88, or a P92 if you want something more open). A lot of people feel more natural shooting from the mid blade on wristers, and if you want more lift on your shots then a more open curve can help, so the P92 would probably be a good choice for you, it's Bauer's clone of Easton's Sakic curve.
Alright, I did use my friends Sakic curve a few months back and it was so easy to go top shelf with it. I think I might try it out.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

One reason I've migrated to open curves is because I cup the puck a lot when I shoot as I really lean into the stick to load it up. Open curves launch the puck off the blade a lot quicker/harder with the way I shoot. There's a tradeoff between being shot velocity and accuracy though.

My teammates and goalie really noticed when I went from a Drury to a Forsberg as my shot got slower and easier to stop. I'm using a Sakic now as it's a little easier to control the height but still has good velocity.

But like I said, I really like to lean into my shots, and that requires pushing the stick down into the ice with the face closed, so that's my technique.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote