HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Williams Out for Season (Shoulder) / Moller Recalled

Old
03-22-2011, 02:53 PM
HeadInjury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Hammond:

"Oscar Moller is on his way to Los Angeles to replace Justin Williams, who is expected to miss the rest of the season with a dislocated shoulder. The Kings feel that Moller’s style of play most closely matches Williams’, but it remains to be seen exactly where Moller will play. Today in practice, Kevin Westgarth is filling in as Williams’ replacement. More from practice to come…"

Rofl

Seriously put Oscar on the 1st TM
That's encouraging. Westgarth is just placeholder until Oscar arrives.

HeadInjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Omg.. I wouldn't even be surprised if Westgarth was on the 1st line Thursday
i was going to make that joke before the hammond info was posted by creating a third set of lines that had westy on the first line in reference to ScoreZeGoals's post, but i thought i might get yelled at for trolling. i should have known better.

i have just enough faith in terry's line-making wizardry to believe that this is just temporary, though

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 02:56 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Can someone explain to me the difference between a separated and dislocated shoulder? When Schenn had his injury during the WJC, he came back in 2 weeks. What was his injury?

Anyone care to speculate on recovery times for a dislocated shoulder? I'm guessing there are different degrees of dislocation, but what are the approximate recovery times for a slight dislocation and a mild dislocation?
A dislocated shoulder is when the humerus bone pops out of the joint at the shoulder. The bone is pretty much popped out of the ball and socket joint at the shoulder.

A separated shoulder is an injury to the joint area, but the ball and socket joint at the shoulder is still intact.

Dislocation:

Separation:

There are a couple of different types of separated shoulder, basically they range from least severe to most severe. The most severe of course would take longer to heal, but the less severe separations(which im guessing Schenn had) might take as few as 2 or 3 weeks to heal

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 02:59 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

@ZJames- Thx. Looks painful. I feel bad for JW.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:02 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Kinda bummed, wanted Holloway, guess Moller knows the system already being this late in the season. Question, do the Monarchs play the same system as the Kings to ease the transition to the NHL?

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
Kinda bummed, wanted Holloway, guess Moller knows the system already being this late in the season. Question, do the Monarchs play the same system as the Kings to ease the transition to the NHL?
i've always wondered this too, after hearing about the penguins working that way.

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:06 PM
SDGolfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Oh and twitter broke the news before anyone else, who needs reporters
I thought CGBG was the man, O well...
BTW did we get Lindros yet?

SDGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:08 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
I dont have any links or sources, but I think i remember hearing or reading that the monarchs do in fact have the same system as the Kings. I could be wrong though.

Old
03-22-2011, 03:13 PM
ZJames

Quote:
@ZJames- Thx. Looks painful. I feel bad for JW.
No problem, happy to help. Had a friend who separated his shoulder while snowboarding, he basically couldnt move it without pain for 2 weeks, cant image how much more a dislocated shoulder would hurt. Hopefully williams has a speedy recovery.

Old
03-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
There are a couple of different types of separated shoulder, basically they range from least severe to most severe. The most severe of course would take longer to heal, but the less severe separations(which im guessing Schenn had) might take as few as 2 or 3 weeks to heal
Yep. Slight ones that can just be rehabbed are 2 weeks usually. Surgery lengthens it. If its just Arthroscopy, it's a bit longer than 2 weeks. If you need some reconstruction, 4-6 minimum plus a bit of rehab. I had one of these and it took me about 10 weeks to get back to normal, but I don't have a squad of pro trainers at my disposal.

So it all depends on the level of severity. If JW's shoulder popped back in quickly, the ligaments don't stretch as much and he won't miss a lot of time. He would certainly be back for the playoffs if it's a slight separation. For a more serious one round 3 would be an optimistic estimate.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Lol

Westgarth goes on the top line and I quit

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:18 PM
lafan

Cant figure why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
i've always wondered this too, after hearing about the penguins working that way.
they wont give Holloway some kind of a shot?He was so good in the playoffs last year.

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Westgarth being on line #1 in practice is okay. Obviously Moller will be there when he gets here.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan View Post
they wont give Holloway some kind of a shot?He was so good in the playoffs last year.
JW is one of my favorite players and I defended his signing against every non-Kingsfan that said he's made of glass.

Well, they were right.

Whether it's pure dumb luck or he made some deal with the devil, the guy just continues to get hurt. Not faulting him for these acceidents and I'm sure he's more disappointed than we can ever be, but the end result is the same.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:26 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Yep. Slight ones that can just be rehabbed are 2 weeks usually. Surgery lengthens it. If its just Arthroscopy, it's a bit longer than 2 weeks. If you need some reconstruction, 4-6 minimum plus a bit of rehab. I had one of these and it took me about 10 weeks to get back to normal, but I don't have a squad of pro trainers at my disposal.

So it all depends on the level of severity. If JW's shoulder popped back in quickly, the ligaments don't stretch as much and he won't miss a lot of time. He would certainly be back for the playoffs if it's a slight separation. For a more serious one round 3 would be an optimistic estimate.
Wow, that must have been a pretty bad separation. i hope its back to full strength for you. Something like that can really hinder everyday life.

And thats what i was thinking too, that hopefully there isnt any muscle or ligament damage, cause that would keep him out longer. Another freak accident for Williams.

Old
03-22-2011, 03:31 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
JW is one of my favorite players and I defended his signing against every non-Kingsfan that said he's made of glass.

Well, they were right.

Whether it's pure dumb luck or he made some deal with the devil, the guy just continues to get hurt. Not faulting him for these acceidents and I'm sure he's more disappointed than we can ever be, but the end result is the same.
I dont think hes made of glass, cause these injuries are kind of bizarre ones. Ive seen him take much harder hits than the broken leg last year or the shoulder last night, and walk away fine. I think its just bad luck for him.

Old
03-22-2011, 03:48 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

I'd rather Williams have a dislocated shoulder than a separated one, to be honest.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Capn Brown

Will Justin Williams return in time for round two of the Stanley Cup playoffs?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Winger23

This really sucks with Williams, I was really hoping that Moller was going to get called up to replace Smyth, not Willie.

F U to Murray right now. lotki was not doing enough of the right things, yet we have Smyth who is so freakin slow sitting at a -9 in his last 8 games and no goals in his last 13 games.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Shellz

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Will Justin Williams return in time for round two of the Stanley Cup playoffs?

You didn't specify which year though

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:59 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Can someone explain to me the difference between a separated and dislocated shoulder? When Schenn had his injury during the WJC, he came back in 2 weeks. What was his injury?

Anyone care to speculate on recovery times for a dislocated shoulder? I'm guessing there are different degrees of dislocation, but what are the approximate recovery times for a slight dislocation and a mild dislocation?
Jared Aulin suffered a dislocated shoulder in the preseason, IIRC, and it kept him out all season and essentially ruined his career.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Fishhead

3-4 weeks according to the Hammond update.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/03/22...lliams-status/

The playoffs start in 3 weeks or so, so it's about as good of a scenario as could have been expected.

He could definitely be back for late 1st round/early 2nd.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯Until April

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Jared Aulin suffered a dislocated shoulder in the preseason, IIRC, and it kept him out all season and essentially ruined his career.
Yeah. Speaking from experience, even a moderate one can linger. Mine's never been QUITE the same, despite lots of physical therapy, etc.

Then again, these guys have access to the greatest resources. Here's hoping!

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯Until April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
3-4 weeks according to the Hammond update.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/03/22...lliams-status/

The playoffs start in 3 weeks or so, so it's about as good of a scenario as could have been expected.

He could definitely be back for late 1st round/early 2nd.
Great news

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote