HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vladimír Országh

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Rand

vCash: 500
Vladimír Országh

I don't believe it's been mentioned yet, but personally I'd be very interested in looking into signing Vladimír Országh.

He gives 100% every shift and plays a hard nosed game well suited to the Leafs, he'll battle for the puck nicely along the boards or in front of the net.
Not a great goal scorer, but he can chip in a few from in front of the niet. Besides he'd probably play the role of a playmaker given he's a good skater, decent passer with excellent puck handling skills.
He can hold his own defensively as well.

Nashville bought him out, and he wasn't exactly getting paid a ton (1M pre-rollback), so he could be a cheap and very effective 3rd line RW.
Given our concerns with cap space he seems like a cheap, effective solution well suited to the Leafs free wheeling physical game.

Old
08-01-2005, 07:51 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
I don't believe it's been mentioned yet, but personally I'd be very interested in looking into signing Vladimír Országh.

He gives 100% every shift and plays a hard nosed game well suited to the Leafs, he'll battle for the puck nicely along the boards or in front of the net.
Not a great goal scorer, but he can chip in a few from in front of the niet. Besides he'd probably play the role of a playmaker given he's a good skater, decent passer with excellent puck handling skills.
He can hold his own defensively as well.

Nashville bought him out, and he wasn't exactly getting paid a ton (1M pre-rollback), so he could be a cheap and very effective 3rd line RW.
Given our concerns with cap space he seems like a cheap, effective solution well suited to the Leafs free wheeling physical game.
I'm not too familiar with him, but we need some character guys to replace Gary and Joe, I no an Orzagh wouldn't really do that, but he could be a start, who knows.

Old
08-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
He wasn't bought out he just wasn't qualified.

He tore both his ACL and MCL in the World Championships in May, he's damaged goods.

Old
08-01-2005, 08:42 PM
pspot

ive been saying Noveseltsev and Orgszagh would be the same idea
but if hes injured thats to bad

Old
08-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Verbal Kint*

Didn't know about the injuries. Otherwise he would've been a great 3rd/4th liner for JFJ to look into.

Old
08-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Lucky Lager

If character is what your looking for, then lets make a deal for Roenick

Old
08-02-2005, 01:02 AM
Cap'n Flavour

Send a message via ICQ to Cap'n Flavour Send a message via MSN to Cap'n Flavour
With Antropov, Ponikarovsky, Stajan, Tucker, Belak, Wilm and Perrott all (in some cases unfortunately) set to come back (Kilger too if I'm not mistaken?), why do the Leafs need any more 3rd / 4th liners?

Unless you want to see any of the above players on the top two lines (which I don't, no offense meant to Stajan), it's offensive forwards that are needed, and preferably at a bargain price. And unless JFJ has big plans for Wellwood or Steen, that's 4 spots on the top lines that need to be filled, and there's not enough cap room for them all to be big names. I don't see a guy like Orszagh filling that role even if he's healthy, which it appears he isn't.

Old
08-02-2005, 01:22 AM
Rand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Flavour
With Antropov, Ponikarovsky, Stajan, Tucker, Belak, Wilm and Perrott all (in some cases unfortunately) set to come back (Kilger too if I'm not mistaken?), why do the Leafs need any more 3rd / 4th liners?

Unless you want to see any of the above players on the top two lines (which I don't, no offense meant to Stajan), it's offensive forwards that are needed, and preferably at a bargain price. And unless JFJ has big plans for Wellwood or Steen, that's 4 spots on the top lines that need to be filled, and there's not enough cap room for them all to be big names. I don't see a guy like Orszagh filling that role even if he's healthy, which it appears he isn't.
I doubt think we will be able to afford multiple proven top 6 forwards, either way I suspect we will see someone like Tucker or Stajan on the 2nd line. At least with them, I think they'll at least do passably well in such a role.
Országh could as well IMHO.

Closed Thread