HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrick Wiercioch

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2011, 02:46 PM
  #51
LGSens
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
Karlsson is at least 5'11". The Caps list Green at 6'1" 204. He is a shade under 5'10" and if lucky, is 175 pounds. But really who cares.
Wiercioch wanted to turn pro after his freshman season. Sens, his parents, his college coach and his adviser all recommended another year of school. He did not want to go back. And the team told him last summer he had a ways to go before he would be NHL ready.

LGSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 03:09 PM
  #52
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!
 
The Waffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grenville
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,513
vCash: 500
I wanna see weirdcrotch play in the NHL. He didn't look too out of place in camp. I could see his game translating well. He won't be bad tonight...nor will he get more than 6 minutes.

I wanna see Gryba soon. Loved his game.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 05:13 PM
  #53
Stassino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, On
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreaboy View Post
i agree with KK- i've never understood why there is so much hype around this kid. i just don't see it. he's big and lanky and it looks like he might be a good skater for his size, but i just kinda laugh when i hear the talk about how huge his potential is and how he might even be "our best prospect".

i don't think the kid is a lock to make the NHL, forget about him being our "best prospect". i will be watching him closely tonight.
He never said that.. Did you read the article.. don't quote.. "quotes" from Hfboards.. especially when they get rebuked immediately

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 05:31 PM
  #54
Hutz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: South Korea
Posts: 2,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreaboy View Post
i agree with KK- i've never understood why there is so much hype around this kid. i just don't see it. he's big and lanky and it looks like he might be a good skater for his size, but i just kinda laugh when i hear the talk about how huge his potential is and how he might even be "our best prospect".

i don't think the kid is a lock to make the NHL, forget about him being our "best prospect". i will be watching him closely tonight.
You do sound like you want him to fail... I haven't heard many, if any, say that he's "our best prospect"... DR and JC have certainly taken that burden... That said, he's a decent D-prospect. I don't think he'll ever be Rundblad and Cowen combined, or whatever was said, but let's all root for his development and hope he can be the top-4 d-man that most realistic fans think he can be.

Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 05:49 PM
  #55
EastCoastSensFan
Registered User
 
EastCoastSensFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pictou N.S.
Country: Canada
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
happy to see Wiercioch get a few games to see how much more work he has to do.
I think that he is a fine prospect and will take another couple of years to become NHL ready like most young players.

EastCoastSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 07:57 PM
  #56
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 11,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGSens View Post
Karlsson is at least 5'11". The Caps list Green at 6'1" 204. He is a shade under 5'10" and if lucky, is 175 pounds. But really who cares.
Wiercioch wanted to turn pro after his freshman season. Sens, his parents, his college coach and his adviser all recommended another year of school. He did not want to go back. And the team told him last summer he had a ways to go before he would be NHL ready.
He left school after his softmore yr not his freshman yr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastSensFan View Post
happy to see Wiercioch get a few games to see how much more work he has to do.
I think that he is a fine prospect and will take another couple of years to become NHL ready like most young players.
This.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 08:02 PM
  #57
koreaboy
Registered User
 
koreaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
one thing that jumps right out at me so far-

he is REALLY passive defensively. he tends to back in on his goalie alot, and he doesnt seem to be quick to jump up defensively to take time and space away from attackers.

koreaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 08:03 PM
  #58
LGSens
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
He left school after his softmore yr not his freshman yr.


I know, never said he left after 1 year. Said he wanted to but was talked out of it.

LGSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 08:45 PM
  #59
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons
 
Ghost in the Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 9,463
vCash: 500
Rough game from him, to be expected though. He looked nervous as hell in the warmups. Methinks he might be sent down and Gryba gets called up.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 08:49 PM
  #60
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Missed the game because my sorry ass is in Whistler... anyone wanna provide some synopsis?

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 08:58 PM
  #61
Manny*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,200
vCash: 500
I'm pretty happy to hear Wiercioch had a bad game. If the rumours are true that he thought too highly of himself, this should send him back down to earth. I hope he trains really hard and realizes now what his weaknesses are.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:06 PM
  #62
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
I'm pretty happy to hear Wiercioch had a bad game. If the rumours are true that he thought too highly of himself, this should send him back down to earth. I hope he trains really hard and realizes now what his weaknesses are.
To be fair, he had Kuba as his partner who was his usual putrid self.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:33 PM
  #63
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 11,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
I'm pretty happy to hear Wiercioch had a bad game. If the rumours are true that he thought too highly of himself, this should send him back down to earth. I hope he trains really hard and realizes now what his weaknesses are.
I think he would have learned that in Bingo at the beginning of the yr when he was scratched several times.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:36 PM
  #64
Wiercioch2Karlsson
Registered User
 
Wiercioch2Karlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreaboy View Post
one thing that jumps right out at me so far-

he is REALLY passive defensively. he tends to back in on his goalie alot, and he doesnt seem to be quick to jump up defensively to take time and space away from attackers.
This. I hope he can up his aggressiveness... but it just seems he doesn't have the mental makeup to be an NHL'er.

Greening, Condra, and Smith on the other hand! Man, you can't teach the attitude these guys have - it's just awesome. Hope it can rub off onto Wiercioch in a serious way.

Wiercioch2Karlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:47 PM
  #65
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,815
vCash: 500
He really needs to bulk up. He's a twig out there. I'll give him a pass because he was paired with Kuba, who was worse tonight IMO.

Rough first night, tomorrow is his redemption. If he's paired with Karlsson, Phillips, Lee or Hale it's a good start.

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:50 PM
  #66
Sensfanman
Registered User
 
Sensfanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
He really needs to bulk up. He's a twig out there. I'll give him a pass because he was paired with Kuba, who was worse tonight IMO.

Rough first night, tomorrow is his redemption. If he's paired with Karlsson, Phillips, Lee or Hale it's a good start.
Why can't we just bench Kuba? Or is he our Tank Commander now that Elliott is serving in Denver?

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:51 PM
  #67
Manny*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
He really needs to bulk up. He's a twig out there. I'll give him a pass because he was paired with Kuba, who was worse tonight IMO.

Rough first night, tomorrow is his redemption. If he's paired with Karlsson, Phillips, Lee or Hale it's a good start.
Thursday. But knowing Clouston, I don't think the pairings will change.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:52 PM
  #68
Brycios
Registered User
 
Brycios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Osgoode
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,644
vCash: 500
Wow! One quotation from KK and people are being really harsh on the kid! What I took from the quotation was that he had a slow start, but is now working hard to improve his game. Let's just give him some time. He's already made some promising improvements this year. And by "some time" I don't mean half a year before we give up hope.

Brycios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:57 PM
  #69
Wiercioch2Karlsson
Registered User
 
Wiercioch2Karlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brycios View Post
Wow! One quotation from KK and people are being really harsh on the kid! What I took from the quotation was that he had a slow start, but is now working hard to improve his game. Let's just give him some time. He's already made some promising improvements this year. And by "some time" I don't mean half a year before we give up hope.
I don't really care about his slow start this year, or the fact that he needs time. He has great hands and skates really well. Once he fills out, he'll be the total athletic package.

His problem, apparently, is between the ears. I hope his mindset changes... he gets tougher and more aggressive, mentally. I don't see him ever turning into the kind of guy you want to go into battle with... into the NHL playoffs with.

Wiercioch2Karlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 09:59 PM
  #70
Sensfanman
Registered User
 
Sensfanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiercioch2Karlsson View Post
I don't really care about his slow start this year, or the fact that he needs time. He has great hands and skates really well. Once he fills out, he'll be the total athletic package.

His problem, apparently, is between the ears. I hope his mindset changes... he gets tougher and more aggressive, mentally. I don't see him ever turning into the kind of guy you want to go into battle with... into the NHL playoffs with.
A slap of reality in the face could make Wiercioch beast out this off season. If he was a cocky as he appeared, perhaps he slacked more than he should have. You have to break the stallion before you can ride him.

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:04 PM
  #71
Ski
Calder Cup Champs
 
Ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waffler View Post
I wanna see weirdcrotch play in the NHL. He didn't look too out of place in camp. I could see his game translating well. He won't be bad tonight...nor will he get more than 6 minutes.

I wanna see Gryba soon. Loved his game.
Gryba is not ready either..don't really know why Weircoich was called before Gryba..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:40 PM
  #72
Spezza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ottawa <-> Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 2,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brycios View Post
Wow! One quotation from KK and people are being really harsh on the kid! What I took from the quotation was that he had a slow start, but is now working hard to improve his game. Let's just give him some time. He's already made some promising improvements this year. And by "some time" I don't mean half a year before we give up hope.
Totally agree. Only on HFboards can one man go from near blue-chipper status to becoming a kid with problems between his ears who is done. Just because a prospects first season as a pro isn't stellar doesn't mean he's not going to make it.

Spezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:08 PM
  #73
LGSens
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
Too many people commenting on a player when they have zero clue what they are talking about.

LGSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:24 PM
  #74
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 24,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Gryba is not ready either..don't really know why Weircoich was called before Gryba..
Because a PMD went down in Gonchar. They planned to give them both debuts by the end of the season, just made sense to call the PMD up this time.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 12:45 AM
  #75
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!
 
The Waffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grenville
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Gryba is not ready either..don't really know why Weircoich was called before Gryba..
I don't think it really matters at this point. I think whoever gets called up this late in a season that is over is pretty much to get a glimpse at where they are at the NHL stage.

Not really a move based on who will help the team more.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.