HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers @ Preds - "Hit Somebody"

Old
03-22-2011, 10:31 PM
SK74 Snipes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
Army buddy and myself are happy and pretty inebriated. He bought a third jersey, nachos and all of our beer. Great game.
Love it.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:56 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

18 points in 19 games since the Fisher trade for Legwand.

Good to hear Trotz give him some praise as the best player for either team tonight. Despite what the mindless bashers that sit behind me say, he's pretty much been a beast in the second half of the season.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:01 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
18 points in 19 games since the Fisher trade for Legwand.

Good to hear Trotz give him some praise as the best player for either team tonight. Despite what the mindless bashers that sit behind me say, he's pretty much been a beast in the second half of the season.
Wait....what??? What the hell are you talking about????

Seriously though, the points may not be there for the whole season but the Predators highest paid players are the highest producing players come crunch time this year.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Wait....what??? What the hell are you talking about????

Seriously though, the points may not be there for the whole season but the Predators highest paid players are the highest producing players come crunch time this year.
Legwand and Erat both have a history of elevating their games when it matters. If we were going to pull out of that February funk, it would be on their shoulders...so far, it has been. Ward's been a good complement to that line, but make no mistake...he's a passenger. Erat\Legwand have been a threat every time out for quite a while now.

It's a shame that both missed such big chunks of time to injury, as I think they both would have finished in the 20+ goal mark, which would have silenced a lot of the critics of both, IMO.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:08 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
the Oil were content on keeping the game 3-1 in the 3rd, and we were content to let them.

What a save by Rinne with 3 minutes to go in the game.

The only thing i'd really like to say is to someone in the crowd: Whomever it is that yells, "WILSON!!!!!!" (Cast Away). You, sir, are brilliant. I love it. Don't ever stop doing it please. I laugh so hard after each time.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:12 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
...The only thing i'd really like to say is to someone in the crowd: Whomever it is that yells, "WILSON!!!!!!" (Cast Away). You, sir, are brilliant. I love it. Don't ever stop doing it please. I laugh so hard after each time.
I love that too. Makes me giggle.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
The only thing i'd really like to say is to someone in the crowd: Whomever it is that yells, "WILSON!!!!!!" (Cast Away). You, sir, are brilliant. I love it. Don't ever stop doing it please. I laugh so hard after each time.
this is better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRnueJP2k9A

edit: damnit, my youtube embeds never work!

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 01:50 AM
CloakroomCrusader

Reading post game threads after a win from the opposing team is the biggest joy in the world. Haters gonna hate. It's truly delightful.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:37 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by predeuce777 View Post
Reading post game threads after a win from the opposing team is the biggest joy in the world. Haters gonna hate. It's truly delightful.
Sure is. I just ignored that one poster. Most people aren't as ignorant as he/she is.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:00 AM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Sure is. I just ignored that one poster. Most people aren't as ignorant as he/she is.
Yeah but it's 3 AM and I'm bored.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 07:30 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
this is better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRnueJP2k9A

edit: damnit, my youtube embeds never work!
Help you I will: yt yRnueJP2k9A /yt with brackets around both yts and no spaces. Always take whats after the v= and copy/paste that in between the brackets.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:34 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Let me guess. "Hillbilly country music fans getting free tickets to the NHL are a joke, screw Bettman for putting teams in the south."

You have to remember, there are still some Canadians that think with the same mentality of the people that wanted to keep blacks out of sports. It works both ways though, I know a lot of “traditional” baseball fans that think the Blue Jays are a joke and should be moved to the mid-west to a deserving market.

You can’t fix stupid.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:42 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Legwand and Erat both have a history of elevating their games when it matters. If we were going to pull out of that February funk, it would be on their shoulders...so far, it has been. Ward's been a good complement to that line, but make no mistake...he's a passenger. Erat\Legwand have been a threat every time out for quite a while now.

It's a shame that both missed such big chunks of time to injury, as I think they both would have finished in the 20+ goal mark, which would have silenced a lot of the critics of both, IMO.
Ward's a passenger ...what happened when Ward was out a couple of games then Leggy and Erat were doing what they usually do making bad passes. Ward is the reason they can play together. Make no mistake about it Ward has made this line. Since Ward has been paired with Erat and Leggy they have clicked. To ignore him a just a passenger is ignoring the obvious

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:56 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Just read the thread and honestly stuff like that doesn't even bother me anymore. It's amazing how immune I've become to all that crap after the whole ownership fiasco. That one guy in particular is just the poster boy for ignorance, elitism and just general overall lying and making up "facts" about Nashville as a hockey market and the team on the ice. I love how people who probably have never been close to Nashville think they know it. It's not even worth arguing with people like that. Besides, he has to cheer for Edmonton for the foreseeable future. That is punishment enough.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 10:03 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Ward's a passenger ...what happened when Ward was out a couple of games then Leggy and Erat were doing what they usually do making bad passes. Ward is the reason they can play together. Make no mistake about it Ward has made this line. Since Ward has been paired with Erat and Leggy they have clicked. To ignore him a just a passenger is ignoring the obvious
Let's be honest, that line is clicking because Erat and Leggy are flying right now and playing really creative hockey. Ward's a good compliment on really any line because he does the bull work and when he wants he has OK offensive instincts for a grinder but right now Erat and Legwand are making that line go and Ward is doing a good job playing his game and fitting in with those two.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 10:04 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Im refraining from posting on other teams boards to keep from getting more infractions(I want my avatar back!!)

But when I see an ignorant hater like that I used to get mad but now I just laugh.

Nonetheless I would really REALLY like to have some playoff success to take away one more talking point from those types...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Just read the thread and honestly stuff like that doesn't even bother me anymore. It's amazing how immune I've become to all that crap after the whole ownership fiasco. That one guy in particular is just the poster boy for ignorance, elitism and just general overall lying and making up "facts" about Nashville as a hockey market and the team on the ice. I love how people who probably have never been close to Nashville think they know it. It's not even worth arguing with people like that. Besides, he has to cheer for Edmonton for the foreseeable future. That is punishment enough.
Exactly, fun to read...but best to ignore. Some folks are simply never going to give us a chance and will take every opportunity to take their issues with the NHL and/or their franchise out on us because they view us as a scapegoat.

It just makes being a fan of our team all that more special...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 10:07 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I think for the most part most of that kind of talk is gone except for the sore loosers. I read a lot of Canadian websites because face it their experts are good. You don't get expert commentary in the fish wrap. But now the focus is on Phoenix and Atlanta and Florida. I think now we are like Carolina as an accepted market now that we've overcome the major hurdles.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 11:11 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Im refraining from posting on other teams boards to keep from getting more infractions(I want my avatar back!!)

hahaha. I just had my last infraction expire from my crusade to end stupid weber proposals. Glad I am not the only predator troll...

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
I'd just like to apologize on behalf of all Oiler fans for the behavior of that one poster in our GDT. Most of us are very nice people but of course you are going to get a few bad apples in the bunch, that guy is just a bitter clown. Here's hoping you guys help keep the Flames out of the postseason!

Puritania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 01:24 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Hey 29dryden29....

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:09 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

What was the bet you had with him?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
What was the bet you had with him?
40 points, I believe

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:30 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
I'd just like to apologize on behalf of all Oiler fans for the behavior of that one poster in our GDT. Most of us are very nice people but of course you are going to get a few bad apples in the bunch, that guy is just a bitter clown. Here's hoping you guys help keep the Flames out of the postseason!
No worries! Thanks for the apologies. I am actually quite amazed at how easily we have been bringing in fans in the last 12 months. The crowds not only have been large, but loud (even during some very boring games -- in terms of hockey boring which is still more exciting than at any point of, literally, my 2nd favorite sport: baseball). I hope others around the NHL start to take note. Speaking of which, I really, really hope we get a deep playoff run one year. It would soooo be such a huge boost of fandom in this city for this team.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 04:01 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Speaking of which, I really, really hope we get a deep playoff run one year. It would soooo be such a huge boost of fandom in this city for this team.
But HFBoards would explode, since that's the one thing we supposedly will never be able to do. I'd hate to lose HFBoards.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote