HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Lose 2-0 With A Horrific Effort

Old
03-22-2011, 10:25 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
Even if he is injured... he's somehow good enough to play PK minutes.

And his problems this year started long before he got hurt. This guy has honestly been worse with the puck than Ryder was in his dreadful 07-08 year. Sure Cammy will put up more points because he's way more talented, but its getting depressing watching him screw up with the puck literally every. single. time.
Yeah.

Even if your injured, you don't have to make poor judgement decisions in passing or shooting. I can see a guy being gun shy in the corners or playing in traffic, but the play away from those areas are more glaring to me right now.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:34 PM
KareyPrice

Price played well one lucky bounce went there way in no way did we deserve to even be in this game ....cammy and gomez sucked BIG time this game we must beat boston thursday

KareyPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:36 PM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

Who's that Mexican guy we got in return for McDounagh again?

TheHabMan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:38 PM
RE-HABS

Isn't always this way, a team scores a ton of goals in the game before and they can't string any in the next game!

Hope the boys can step up for Thursday, we need it. Not just because it is Boston, but NY and Buffalo are in the rear view and it is getting uncomfortable to watch.

Old
03-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Stradale

Cammy was terrible tonight.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
I'm glad I chose this game to be my first trip to both Montreal and the Bell Centre alike.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:41 PM
The Pleks Dispenser

Seriously, Cammy made a lot of extremely poor passing decisions tonight. It seemed that everytime the habs were cycling the puck and cammy touched it, it became an instant turnover. Sure he had 1-2 scoring chances (not really good ones), but he is really hurting the team right now, at a moment where we need him to produce the most (with all our injuries). Really hoping he can turn his game around for the playoffs.

The Pleks Dispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:50 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Pevs Dispenser View Post
Seriously, Cammy made a lot of extremely poor passing decisions tonight. It seemed that everytime the habs were cycling the puck and cammy touched it, it became an instant turnover. Sure he had 1-2 scoring chances (not really good ones), but he is really hurting the team right now, at a moment where we need him to produce the most (with all our injuries). Really hoping he can turn his game around for the playoffs.
With big producers out like Plekanec and Pacioretty...where the hell are Cammalleri and Gomez?

That is $13 million plus of missing on the ice, compared to the under $6 million of valuable injured players in Pleks and Patches.

Old
03-22-2011, 11:24 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Potato View Post
It sucks for people who paid for this game.
yep i was at the game

it sucked bad ^^

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
With big producers out like Plekanec and Pacioretty...where the hell are Cammalleri and Gomez?

That is $13 million plus of missing on the ice, compared to the under $6 million of valuable injured players in Pleks and Patches.
Tonight was the first time I actually got mad at watching Cam. I know he's not a playmaker, but maybe all the more reason not to attempt it.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:50 PM
CuteHockeyBunny

Gotta give credit to the Buffalo Sabres. Amazing game from them.

Btw, Weber didn't play because he is terrible at handling the fore check, let alone a very aggressive Sabres fore check.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Xia

They weren't that bad considering their lineup! Miller stood on his head.

Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHabMan43 View Post
Who's that Mexican guy we got in return for McDounagh again?
Who's McDounagh?

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 12:09 AM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Who's McDounagh?
I don't know but I will take him over Gomez.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 12:20 AM
capebretoncanadien

Holy over reactions BATMAN.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

If #13 and #11 are this bad because of injury, Martin might as well just mail in an entire week in which Gomez and Cammer play no more than 3 minutes total in a game.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretoncanadien View Post
Holy over reactions BATMAN.
Yeah. Lets stay positive.. We did score 8 goals in 2 games. Not that bad.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 01:06 AM
Miller Time

what's really sad is that despite all the injuries, 3 of our 4 highest paid fwds are still in the lineup, and none are really giving us the kind of consistent performance a team would reasonably expect after investing 18M$...

yes, all the injuries hurt, and so the up/down nature of the results are understandable, but if I'm PG or the ownership group, I've got to be scratching my head wondering what the hell Gainey was thinking...

Gomez, Cammy and Gionta should be, need to be, giving this team much more than they are.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 04:22 AM
Habs

every time i see gomez, I hate Gainey more and more.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 05:10 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
Tonight was the first time I actually got mad at watching Cam. I know he's not a playmaker, but maybe all the more reason not to attempt it.
For a few games now he has been trying to force passes through traffic non-stop. I don't mind him passing the puck a bunch, if that's the best thing to do at the time. I'm getting a little frustrated with him seeing an "open" player on the other side of the ice and trying to get the puck to him through 2 or 3 players. Defenders at the far side are getting sticks, legs, gloves, etc in the way with ease because he also telegraphs it a bit by "winding up" to put some juice on them (he must realize as he's doing it that it would take something extra crisp to get the puck there). If you re-watch the last 2, 3 games especially, you'll see just how many bad decisions he made looking to make that kind of cross ice pass through traffic.

Getting back to tonight's game in general, I didn't think the overall effort was horrific tonight (definitely not adequate, though... obviously). There was bad execution getting the puck moving from our zone at times, they weren't making it hard at all for Miller to track incoming shots, and they weren't really pursuing the puck with any real intent (I swear, if I continue to see Gomez "pursue" the puck in corners by doing his wide-legged bend at the waist slow glide in and lightly cross-check the defender in the back...). It was just one of those tight games where our team didn't do nearly enough of all the little things.

I thought they really limited Buffalo's chances, and other than Picard's turnover coming from behind his own net leading to 3 straight shots/chances, I thought they gave Price a fairly easy night in goal. Predictably, no Plekanec nor MaxPac has resulted in occasional struggles in the offensive half of the ice.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 05:18 AM
Flynn84

When Plekanec will play? Any news?

Flynn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 06:05 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I guess I'm the only one to think that while the efforot was not incredible.....I give credit to Buffalo for playing an incredible road game. Always in our face, not letting the guys skate, cutting passing lanes....Perfect game from them. And Miller shutting us down when needed, with some luck down the road also.

Let's move on and win against Boston.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 06:16 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Boys just never seemed to get in the flow of the game. The D appeared to show some wear and tear since five different ones took a penalty. With a depleted lineup and having to kill penalties there just didn't seem to be enough left in the tank.

I'm honestly not looking forward to Boston if this is going to be the lineup. If the Habs come out with no more significant injuries I'll probably be a happy camper.

I've been somewhat frustrated with Cammalleri all season moreso before his injuries on the powerplay. He was constantly giving up the puck. At least Martin pointed out that the Habs need bodies in front of the net.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 06:29 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
Gotta give credit to the Buffalo Sabres. Amazing game from them.

Btw, Weber didn't play because he is terrible at handling the fore check, let alone a very aggressive Sabres fore check.
he is no worse then plyoncard

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 06:56 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xia View Post
They weren't that bad considering their lineup! Miller stood on his head.
He barely had any tough saves to make...not sure what game you were watching. Price had a ton of tough ones.

Hopefully Plekanetz and Halpern are back next game, they have been day to day for 9 days now and Plek was apparetly skating fine last practise.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote