HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Artem Anisimov

Old
03-21-2011, 04:01 PM
BobSantos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Not really sure that I see the connection.

As mentioned above, should they advance enough in their development, then you solve that issue by moving Brad to wing which he has played in his career.

No harm, no foul.
I think you got the connection...but my point was not about Prucha, per se. We'll never know how that might have turned out in another place and time. We know 52 goals in two seasons turned into nothing overnight - that's all.

It seems to me that AA and Step don't have to show that they've "advanced enough in their development" as you say. The seasons they're having already show that they are advancing and already have the capacity to handle the roles thrust on them.

Also, AA doesn't need Richards critiquing his play from the bench - the coaches already do that. Richards will not be a tutor or mentor, he will play hockey. There is no benefit to AA or the youth inserting Richards into the lineup for what will likely be 5-6 seasons.

Signing him will block Stepan and AA next season. Then you propose moving him to wing where he'll block someone else's development the following season - perhaps Kreider's? At any rate, he'll be blocking someone with what may likely be a huge, unmovable paycheck for the next half-decade, which seems too much.

AA can handle the load. Let's see how high he can climb.

BobSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSantos View Post
I think you got the connection...but my point was not about Prucha, per se. We'll never know how that might have turned out in another place and time. We know 52 goals in two seasons turned into nothing overnight - that's all.

It seems to me that AA and Step don't have to show that they've "advanced enough in their development" as you say. The seasons they're having already show that they are advancing and already have the capacity to handle the roles thrust on them.

Also, AA doesn't need Richards critiquing his play from the bench - the coaches already do that. Richards will not be a tutor or mentor, he will play hockey. There is no benefit to AA or the youth inserting Richards into the lineup for what will likely be 5-6 seasons.

Signing him will block Stepan and AA next season. Then you propose moving him to wing where he'll block someone else's development the following season - perhaps Kreider's? At any rate, he'll be blocking someone with what may likely be a huge, unmovable paycheck for the next half-decade, which seems too much.

Brad Richards isn't going to block anyone. If we sign him we'll have incredible center depth and he'll give Stepan and Anisimov breathing room to develop without having to be THE guy. And there certainly is something to be said about having a real top-line center for them to watch closely and learn from as they grow.

Have we seen Torts block anyone who has shown he's talented enough to get ice time? He's rolled four lines pretty consistently this year. If they weren't willing to deal him for Richards, I don't see why Torts would suddenly erase AA's icetime if we sign Richards. If anything, it'll cut Boyle's time or bump Boyle to somebody's wing.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:11 AM
BobSantos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Brad Richards isn't going to block anyone. If we sign him we'll have incredible center depth and he'll give Stepan and Anisimov breathing room to develop without having to be THE guy. And there certainly is something to be said about having a real top-line center for them to watch closely and learn from as they grow.

Have we seen Torts block anyone who has shown he's talented enough to get ice time? He's rolled four lines pretty consistently this year. If they weren't willing to deal him for Richards, I don't see why Torts would suddenly erase AA's icetime if we sign Richards. If anything, it'll cut Boyle's time or bump Boyle to somebody's wing.
Fine. Then you have another 6-7 million dollar third-line center.

You don't seem to realize that the timespan that will be required for a Richards contract will far exceed the amount of time required for AA and Step to have "breathing room to develop", which I think in itself is a ridiculous notion that these two fine young centers have already disproved this year. AA will probably be 30 by the time the Richards contract expires, wherever he ends up signing. Do you think 27 and 28 year-olds need "breathing room"?

Question: was there breathing room to develop this year? So, if not, how'd they do? My answer is that it seems the more ice time these guys get the better they're going to be.

Old
03-22-2011, 11:41 AM
GAGLine

Quote:

You don't seem to realize that the timespan that will be required for a Richards contract will far exceed the amount of time required for AA and Step to have "breathing room to develop", which I think in itself is a ridiculous notion that these two fine young centers have already disproved this year. AA will probably be 30 by the time the Richards contract expires, wherever he ends up signing. Do you think 27 and 28 year-olds need "breathing room"?

Question: was there breathing room to develop this year? So, if not, how'd they do? My answer is that it seems the more ice time these guys get the better they're going to be.
You're overstating the "problem". Regardless of what line a player plays on, that doesn't entirely dictate the minutes he gets. Richards isn't going to play on the PK, I'd wager. Artie already gets significant time there, and I imagine Stepan will too in the coming years.

And nights when the 3rd line is the best line, they will get the minutes. We've seen it before with Torts. If you are playing well, he will give you more time. Richards is one player who will fill one spot on the roster. He's not going to significantly impact Artie and Stepan's ice time just because they all play center. As has been said, any of them could play wing at times if necessary. It's far easier for a center to play wing than for a wing to learn to play center.

If you look around the league, every team has more than 4 listed centers, but they are not all playing center. Injuries happen. Some players get shifted around. If pittsburgh can have Jordan Staal as their 3rd line center, I think we can deal with Artie or Stepan as our 3rd line center. They will still get the minutes and our team will be that much deeper and that much harder to defend.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 08:06 PM
WithOutPaperss

Anyone know where I could find a picture of Anisimov's 'bow and arrow' celebration? Thanks in advance, I've been searching for like 3 days now and can't find one.

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

Brad Richards wont be blocking a damn thing.

The only way I'd be even remotely concerned about Brad Richards blocking someone is if we had a legitimately elite center developing. Artem Anisimov and Derek Stepan are nice young players - theyre even nicer young players playing where they belong on the 2nd and 3rd lines.

If youre going to bypass signing Brad Richards and use the reasoning of "blocking Anisimov and Stepan," you would be hurting the team, period.

If Anisimov or Stepan ever become 90 point per season NHL players, I'll eat my words, but thats a bet I feel safe making.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

Heres another bet I'll make:

Brad Richards at 35/36 years old will be a more proficient offensive producer than Artem Anisimov at 27/28.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:28 PM
BobSantos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Brad Richards wont be blocking a damn thing.

The only way I'd be even remotely concerned about Brad Richards blocking someone is if we had a legitimately elite center developing. Artem Anisimov and Derek Stepan are nice young players - theyre even nicer young players playing where they belong on the 2nd and 3rd lines.

If youre going to bypass signing Brad Richards and use the reasoning of "blocking Anisimov and Stepan," you would be hurting the team, period.

If Anisimov or Stepan ever become 90 point per season NHL players, I'll eat my words, but thats a bet I feel safe making.
If anyone thinks their opinion on this site 'hurts the team' they've got an ego complex.

My opinion, as a fan, is that I've seen this crap too many times over the past 15 years and I'm sick of it. Richards can go block someone else's youth. AA will be just fine. He doesn't have to score 90 points because he's a damn good player either way (defensive, offensive, etc) and already shows potential to center what is our de-facto no. 1 line. That's today. That's not three years from now, when he'll be better yet and Richards will be a one-dimensional, pay-check-cashing obstruction in anyone's lineup.

You've made no mention of the time scale required for signing Richards and the overall arc of his career over that period. He's not going to score 90 points every year as is very clearly shown in his career stats. From here on in it will only get worse - excepting maybe one more season.

Get over the high priced UFAs. They're not necessary now, especially when you have not one, but two guys who can fulfill the role over the next few seasons already playing in the lineup.

Old
03-22-2011, 10:30 PM
BobSantos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Heres another bet I'll make:

Brad Richards at 35/36 years old will be a more proficient offensive producer than Artem Anisimov at 27/28.
I'll bet he plays 30 games a season with persistent concussion issues. Whatever.

Old
03-22-2011, 10:35 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Anisimov is a very similar player to Kulemin. His strength and skill along the boards really can't be appreciated unless you watch him every night. There was one play early in the first where he got pressed along the boards and he held onto the puck with one hand on his stick and his back almost completely facing the puck. It's the type of thing that doesn't always translate to points but this team needs as much offensive zone possession as it can get and Anisimov helps greatly in that regard.

AA isn't going anywhere. Perfect 2nd line center mold if he can improve on faceoffs.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 10:37 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
If anyone thinks their opinion on this site 'hurts the team' they've got an ego complex.

My opinion, as a fan, is that I've seen this crap too many times over the past 15 years and I'm sick of it. Richards can go block someone else's youth. AA will be just fine. He doesn't have to score 90 points because he's a damn good player either way (defensive, offensive, etc) and already shows potential to center what is our de-facto no. 1 line. That's today. That's not three years from now, when he'll be better yet and Richards will be a one-dimensional, pay-check-cashing obstruction in anyone's lineup.
What is this "blocking of youth"? I don't care about his age, Anisimov is a very good player, and he'll stay a very good player on the 3rd line. I personally think he can be better than a 3rd line center, but if you can get an elite center like Brad Richards, who is basically a lock for 70 points, at the worst, for just money, you absolutely have to do it, especially when it's a need that the organization has been lacking in since 1997.

Also, if Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan is our 1st line in ~3 years, we're in big trouble, because these guys, as much as I love them, are not 1st liners. Gaborik and Richards are.

Quote:
You've made no mention of the time scale required for signing Richards and the overall arc of his career over that period. He's not going to score 90 points every year as is very clearly shown in his career stats. From here on in it will only get worse - excepting maybe one more season.
He's 31, not 34. How can you expect decline without any base of argument? Is it your imagination? Because nothing suggests that Richards is declining in anyway. Hell, the arc suggests that he's getting better. Anyone who watches him on a regular basis knows that he never was a goal scorer. But he's been doing a lot more of that the past two years than he ever has as a 25-26-27 year old. He's smarter, getting into better positions, and thinking about taking the shot much more.

Quote:
Get over the high priced UFAs. They're not necessary now, especially when you have not one, but two guys who can fulfill the role over the next few seasons already playing in the lineup.
I would bet all of my savings that either one of Derek Stepan or Artem Anisimov is ever at the level of Brad Richards. So, no, they can't fulfill what he can.

Quote:
I'll bet he plays 30 games a season with persistent concussion issues. Whatever.
That's completely baseless.

Richards missed 10 games from a minor concussion. That makes you think he'll be missing 50+ games with concussion issues?

03-22-2011, 11:04 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Since the trade deadline:

Artem Anisimov:

10 Gms: 5 G, 6 A, 11 Pnts, 8 PIM, 29 SOG

On pace for:

20 G, 27 A - 47 P. Excellent Sophmore Year. Very hard to watch.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 03-22-2011 at 11:13 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:44 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

He's really coming into his own right now.

As he gets stronger, he's going to become a dominant player with the puck.

He's got long legs. When they get stronger, he's going to be able to use them to shield the puck. Like Jagr does/did.

Couple that with his reach, work ethic, smarts, hands, and wrist shot, vision.

Kid reminds me of Rick Nash.

I can see him putting up 30g-30a-60p on a consistent basis.

Stepan reminds me of Mike Richards.

We have two, very good centers growing here.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:56 PM
BobSantos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
What is this "blocking of youth"? I don't care about his age, Anisimov is a very good player, and he'll stay a very good player on the 3rd line. I personally think he can be better than a 3rd line center, but if you can get an elite center like Brad Richards, who is basically a lock for 70 points, at the worst, for just money, you absolutely have to do it, especially when it's a need that the organization has been lacking in since 1997.
Since 97? Oh the heyday for UFA's signed to lineups mashed together with no hope of ever forging an identity and truly moving on to real accomplishments. Bill Berg and Lucky Luc Robitaille! Woooo! Let's bring back the glory!

Anyway, AA isn't a third line center. Boyle is. There's a difference.

Quote:
Also, if Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan is our 1st line in ~3 years, we're in big trouble, because these guys, as much as I love them, are not 1st liners. Gaborik and Richards are.
We're not in big trouble now so why would we be when these kids have another ~3 years of experience? That makes no sense.

Quote:
He's 31, not 34. How can you expect decline without any base of argument? Is it your imagination? Because nothing suggests that Richards is declining in anyway. Hell, the arc suggests that he's getting better. Anyone who watches him on a regular basis knows that he never was a goal scorer. But he's been doing a lot more of that the past two years than he ever has as a 25-26-27 year old. He's smarter, getting into better positions, and thinking about taking the shot much more.
If the Rangers sign him he will be 34 and a Ranger during the term of the contract. He will decline because that's what happens to the vast majority of hockey players after age 31. If he's thinking shoot so much more, as you say, then he's no use to us because he's not a top-flight goal scorer and he won't be looking as much to set up Gabby and whoever else he plays with. What's more, even pure goal-scorers can't find twine as much after about 30. If he's trying to be a goal-scorer, his game will suffer.

Quote:
I would bet all of my savings that either one of Derek Stepan or Artem Anisimov is ever at the level of Brad Richards. So, no, they can't fulfill what he can.
Ok, it's your money. I sincerely hope that Sather doesn't make a similar bet.

Quote:
That's completely baseless.

Richards missed 10 games from a minor concussion. That makes you think he'll be missing 50+ games with concussion issues?
Correct. Context is necessary to understand my comment. It's as baseless as the comment that said that Richards at 34 will be better than Anisimov at 27.

Old
03-22-2011, 11:58 PM
The Fuhr*

AA will be so ridiculous with more strength and confidence... love the way he comes off the boards creating at times

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 12:08 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Since the trade deadline:

Artem Anisimov:

10 Gms: 5 G, 6 A, 11 Pnts, 8 PIM, 29 SOG

On pace for:

20 G, 27 A - 47 P. Excellent Sophmore Year. Very hard to watch.
Was just going to post the bit about AA being over a PPG since the deadline. Sometimes players take jumps forward in progress. Sometimes off the ice factors play into the timing of those jumps. I think we may have seen one here. As I recall, you were the first one to point it out at like game 3 after he knew he wasn't going to be traded - good call.

As has already been mentioned in the McD thread, the progress of the kids has already made this season a success, regardless of how far they make it through (or even IF they make it into) the playoffs.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 12:15 AM
JeffMangum
I'm v

Quote:
Since 97? Oh the heyday for UFA's signed to lineups mashed together with no hope of ever forging an identity and truly moving on to real accomplishments. Bill Berg and Lucky Luc Robitaille! Woooo! Let's bring back the glory!
How is that relevant? Have we not been missing a first line center since '97...

Quote:
There's a difference between "not a 3rd line center" and "can't play third line center". Anisimov would be just fine centering the 3rd line with Stepan and Richards ahead of him. It works for Jordan Staal, and it worked for Patrice Bergeron in 2009. That certainly didn't "block" anyone.

Quote:
We're not in big trouble now so why would we be when these kids have another ~3 years of experience? That makes no sense.
They've had a hot 2 months. Woohoo. They'd be an excellent 2nd line in a few years. Considering we're in 7th with that combination of players taking up our "1st line", it'd be a failure to still be in 7th 3-4 years from now.

Quote:
If the Rangers sign him he will be 34 and a Ranger during the term of the contract. He will decline because that's what happens to the vast majority of hockey players after age 31. If he's thinking shoot so much more, as you say, then he's no use to us because he's not a top-flight goal scorer and he won't be looking as much to set up Gabby and whoever else he plays with. What's more, even pure goal-scorers can't find twine as much after about 30. If he's trying to be a goal-scorer, his game will suffer.
One of the knocks on him is that "he doesn't score enough goals", which I think is completely useless knock, considering the fact that he is primarily a playmaking center. But he can still score goals. A 25-60-85 center on this team, next year, makes them divisional contenders.

And please, don't insult Richards by comparing him to Gomez, Drury, and Redden. Richards is far different from these players, and is in a completely different circumstance.

Quote:
Ok, it's your money. I sincerely hope that Sather doesn't make a similar bet.
Well, then your loss on having actual elite talent.

You can't JUST go with "homegrown talent". I know people love the phrase, but it doesn't work like that. You need some outside influence. Richards is that influence. He'll be what Selanne was to the Ducks in '07, what Hossa was to the 'Hawks in '10. When a glaring need in in free agency, and you have the ability to fill that need, you do it. You have to take risks.

Quote:
Correct. Context is necessary to understand my comment. It's as baseless as the comment that said that Richards at 34 will be better than Anisimov at 27.
Not really, because that's just pure speculation on your part.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 01:35 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Arty has really really stepped his game up since the trade deadline. He's playing the way he should be now!

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 01:44 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Arty has really really stepped his game up since the trade deadline. He's playing the way he should be now!
Someone said it awhile back...the rumors of him being included in packages for Richards/others may have been weighing on him.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:05 AM
ilezia

Seriously BobSantos?

As nice as it is watching all our homegrown players, it's the Stanley Cup we're aiming for here isn't it?

To win a Stanley Cup you need a) elite talent, b) depth. Brad Richards is a) and Stepan + Anisimov are b)

ilezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:28 AM
tpb209

Quote:
Brian Boyle is not a third line center. If he is your third line center, your team is usually not that good. Brian Boyle is more suited to a third line wing spot or a fourth line center spot. He does not have the faceoff ability or the overall skill to be a great third line center.

tpb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 03:29 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Hopefully with our depth, at some point we can have:

a good 1st line with - Gaborik, Richards, UFA/Dubinsky/Kreider?

and two second lines: Anisimov, Dubinsky, Callahan & Stepan + Wolski/Zuccarello/Kreider/UFA

and what would really constitute to a 3rd line: Boyle, Prust, Vet/Feds (for now)

This could happen next season with progress + Drury retiring/Redden wanting to play in the NHL/ not the AHL and walk from his contract.

With that being said, Artie hit a slide and is now back to performing where he should be at this point. We all wanted improvements from him from last season, well, I think his overall performance speaks for itself.

He's been a rock so this year on defense, and been solid on offense, all while getting limited powerplay time. His hand are good enough to put him front of the net on the PP once he puts on important weight and he'll be a guy we've been looking for. Callahan is nice in front as well, but being undersized, Anisimov could be better there.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 05:08 AM
nyr5186

One thing that I think should be mentioned in regards to Brad Richards' possible impact on Anisimov, Stepan, and Boyle, as well as the rest of the forward crew: It would leave us with a lot of options, which is ALWAYS a good thing. Some are probably better than others, but that's all open to debate.

Some people are saying forget Richards, that he's bound to go downhill soon, he'll cost too much, and he'll hamstring us against the cap, forcing us to possibly lose someone like Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, or Boyle down the line (very unlikely that we don't ink Duby or especially Cally to long term deals in the near future; they are so crucial to this team, both on and off the ice). These are probably the same people still feeling the sting of big UFA signing failures like Drury, Gomez, Redden, etc. They also fear he'll interfere with the development of Anisimov, Stepan and Boyle as the top three centers of the future of the Rangers. I hear this argument, and I understand the fear, though I don't think I agree with it.

Others were saying sign Richards, and try to dangle Anisimov, Wolski + for an offensive upgrade (probably a winger), leaving Richards, Stepan, and Boyle down the middle. It's a viable option, and depending on the return, I would consider pulling the trigger. But I honestly don't know what that return would have to be, nor do I know if it exists. The first name that popped up was Patrick Sharp, though it's doubtful Chicago deals him. He's having a career year and has another year left at $4.2 mil. Then he's probably due a decent raise, especially if he keeps up a point-per-game pace through next season. But who knows? You never know with Chicago. They let Byfuglien go after he was money for them en route to the Cup. The argument against doing something like this is that Anisimov is slowly developing into a very good 2nd line two-way forward, and coupled with his size and chemistry with Callahan and Dubinsky, he has shown flashes of one day possibly putting up similar numbers Sharp has put up in recent times. The numbers don't lie. In his sophomore year, at 22, he'll be close to putting up 50 points. It took Patrick Sharp until age 26 before he even sniffed 60 points in a season. And I don't mean to compare them, because I understand they're two totally different players. I'm just trying to put things in perspective in terms of player development. I'm really intrigued to see what form of Anisimov we see in the playoffs (knock on wood). Does he step up a la Patrick Sharp last Spring (22 points in the playoffs)? Does he fold under the pressure? Does he show flashes of brilliance but overall makes a marginal impact? I'm obviously hoping for the former, but thinking it'll be the latter.

Back to the topic: Others are saying, do what you can to get Richards to sign (dump Drury?, etc.), then roll Richards-Anisimov-Stepan, Boyle down the middle. Pretty formidable center-corps I've gotta say. Add that to guys like Dubinsky, Callahan, [a healthy] Gaborik, [a confident] Wolski, good role players like Boyle and Pruster, a very good young defense troupe, and Henrik in the pipes, and you potentially have the makings of a legitimate Stanley Cup contender. Lots of things have to go right for that to happen obviously. But hey, you know what? Ask any fans of recent Stanley Cup winners/runners-up, and I'm sure they'd tell you that lots of things went right for them en route to the Cup. That's the whole challenge of trying to build a successful franchise. You have to take smart risks and make tough decisions all the time. Every move you make as a GM, from the blockbuster trade/signing to the 5th round draft pick, has an impact on everything else you do, especially in the salary cap era we live in. In this situation, regardless of whether you're 'puppies and rainbows' or 'doom and gloom' (or puppies and doom/rainbows and gloom ), you have to see the possible (!) rewards associated with picking up a talent like Brad Richards at age 31. It's a risk, as is any other move. Some work when you least expect them, and some fail miserably despite initial support.

In terms of Richards...What I think will happen if Richards is signed is Stepan will be moved to the wing, leaving Richards, Anisimov and Boyle down the middle. As impressive as Steps has been, his poor face-off percentage is a bigger deal than is advertised. In terms of playmaking ability and defensive awareness/smarts/instincts, he's a good centerman who's developing nicely, but I see him taking a similar route as Dubinsky in terms of being able to play both wing and center. I get the feeling Torts envisions Boyle as a prototypical 3rd line center. I also get the sense that he likes to pair two guys who can play center on one line (Dubinsky-Anisimov, Prospal-Christensen). A lot of it also depends on Wolski, as well as the possible promotion of guys like Kreider and Hagelin in camp.

If we see this on opening night next season, I'm pretty excited...

Stepan-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Kreider-Boyle-Prust
Wolski-Feds?/Prospal?Avery?-Zuccarello (work your way up fellas)

Hagelin and co. ready as injury callups in Hartford.

nyr5186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 06:09 AM
ilezia

Exactly!

But instead of Boyle being the 3rd line centre I'd still keep him in the 4th line. I know it's a big hassle with the cap hits but some people have put up quite good arguments how to do it, involving buying out Drury etc., but this is what I want to see:

Kreider(?) - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Wolski - Stepan - Zuccarello
Prust - Boyle - Fedotenko

Kreider in 1st line is obviously a bit of a reach but Torts seems to be confident about the kid and I reckon he could be a good fit with Richards and Gaborik. Otherwise maybe Prospal for a cheap 1 year deal? Torts shuffles the lines and playes the people who are hot anyways so I don't see it a problem having Boyle in 4th line, they will get playing time if they play well.

If McDonagh and Sauer keep up their play next year, I genuinely think this team would have a good shot at the cup.

e. and to try to keep things on topic: I'm so happy with Anisimov's progress. I drool at the idea of having a legit 1st line and the BAR line as our 2nd line. That group can bring an awesome amount of secondary scoring (I trust Gaborik will find his swing with Richards) and can win games for us as we've seen so many times this year.

Last edited by ilezia: 03-23-2011 at 06:30 AM.
ilezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 07:44 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Kreider on the first line isn't a reach.

We've had Christensen, Prospal, Avery and others that he's considerably more skilled then.

Gaborik, Richards, and Kreider are three guys that excel on the rush. Gaborik and Kreider both have the speed and shot that make them able to.

Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Boyle-Prust

Adding Kreider and Hagelin also adds two guys with ++ foot speed, two way responseable guys that can impact special teams in a profound way. Our PK has been spectacular this year, but these two guys would make it leathal if the Rangers play an aggressive PK.

Fedotenko and Prospal have been warriors for this team, but with the amount of talent in the pipe ready to break through, its time to move on in the summer. Maybe keep one as a spare 13th/14th forward for added leadership in the lockerroom. But again, with the talent level ready to break in they need to be pushed aside.

Wolski and Zuccarello also need to work VERY hard in the summer. Their lack of responsibility in the neutral and defensive zones have caused their's and Stepan's ice time to dip.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote