HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

March 24th, Montreal at Boston 7pm ET

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2011, 07:00 AM
  #1
ReVeuF
Registered User
 
ReVeuF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,038
vCash: 500
March 24th, Montreal at Boston 7pm ET

I know it is a little bit early but this will be the most important game of the season...

With the last 2 games against them I really hope Habs will have a similar score like they did at Minnesota just to show them how to play hockey...





Last edited by ReVeuF: 03-23-2011 at 03:14 PM.
ReVeuF is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 07:27 AM
  #2
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,975
vCash: 0
definitely winnable!
that’s for sure!

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 07:49 AM
  #3
usernam
Registered User
 
usernam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,263
vCash: 500
I have the feeling it's going to be a boring game and nothing special happens. It always seems to be the case for highly-anticipated games.

usernam is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 08:00 AM
  #4
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
I have the feeling it's going to be a boring game and nothing special happens. It always seems to be the case for highly-anticipated games.
Yeah, like the last boston-habs match up. Oh wait .

overlords is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 08:28 AM
  #5
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
Big game, we lose to Boston forget 1st place and the Rags are home to the Sens so with a win they would be 1 point behind us. Like ^ said an 8-1 win would be dam sweet!

Go Habs Go

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 08:37 AM
  #6
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Big game, we lose to Boston forget 1st place and the Rags are home to the Sens so with a win they would be 1 point behind us. Like ^ said an 8-1 win would be dam sweet!

Go Habs Go
To be honest I really want to line up against Washington. I don't want to sit through the pain of the team losing enough games to make it happen, but a 7th place finish is my ideal situation for a few reasons.

overlords is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 08:41 AM
  #7
dfk711*
The real #11
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Finland
Posts: 20,086
vCash: 500
I hope they ruin Thomas' vezina season by tagging him for at least 6 goals

dfk711* is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 08:41 AM
  #8
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,900
vCash: 500
Chara the Headhunter

Honestly even if I had not spent the last week fleeing a radiation cloud I don't think I would not be watching hockey. It's shameful what Bettman is doing to goon down our game, with our (Canadian) money no less!

I know there were calls for the Habs to forfeit this game, dunno what became of that but I still think a gesture of some sort would be appropriate. Yes the best "gesture" is to beat them but if we can't count on the league we have to do direct action.

Go Habs Go!!!

JLP is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 08:44 AM
  #9
CHestah in Maine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
To be honest I really want to line up against Washington. I don't want to sit through the pain of the team losing enough games to make it happen, but a 7th place finish is my ideal situation for a few reasons.
Just curious, but why is that?

I fear Washington and Philadelphia much more than anyone else in the East. The Caps are much better defensively and still have plenty of firepower.

CHestah in Maine is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 08:53 AM
  #10
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,127
vCash: 500
I don't want us to scheme in order to aim for a specific playoff spot. Let's just play hockey, and play against what the Fates decide for us in 1st round.

Anything else will be considered an insult by the Ghosts, and these are the last you want to offend in the end-season.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 08:54 AM
  #11
LoneWolf54
Relocated.
 
LoneWolf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
Any Habs HFers going to this one??

I'm really looking forward to it.

LoneWolf54 is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 09:04 AM
  #12
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,920
vCash: 500
No injuries please.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 09:08 AM
  #13
LoneWolf54
Relocated.
 
LoneWolf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
No injuries please.
For real this time.

Your roster is injury battered enough, and I like ours in tact. My favorite Canadien was injured last time, no more of that.

Definitley no injuries.

Any idea what your line up MIGHT look like? I have to start working on a pregame for TheHubofHockey.

LoneWolf54 is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 09:13 AM
  #14
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
For real this time.

Your roster is injury battered enough, and I like ours in tact. My favorite Canadien was injured last time, no more of that.

Definitley no injuries.

Any idea what your line up MIGHT look like? I have to start working on a pregame for TheHubofHockey.
Your best bet would be our last GDT and then double checking it tomorrow sometime in the late AM / early PM.

neofury* is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 09:13 AM
  #15
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,127
vCash: 500
I don't want the Bs fans to have any excuse to give for their defeat.

I want to crush them at their best, so they'll know what it is to play hockey.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 09:14 AM
  #16
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Yeah, like the last boston-habs match up. Oh wait .
I hope you started exercising that ban finger of yours. No trolls wanted

HomaridII is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 09:19 AM
  #17
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
Wishing illness or injury on someone isn't permitted on HF, let's not start this crap all over again cause if you do you you won't be posting here for very long!

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 09:30 AM
  #18
LoneWolf54
Relocated.
 
LoneWolf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Your best bet would be our last GDT and then double checking it tomorrow sometime in the late AM / early PM.

Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
I don't want the Bs fans to have any excuse to give for their defeat.

I want to crush them at their best, so they'll know what it is to play hockey.
Solka, friendly wager?

LoneWolf54 is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 09:33 AM
  #19
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
Thank you!!



Solka, friendly wager?
I am still expulsing the paper I ate last time we waged..


...

What kind of odds, what kind of stakes?

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 09:35 AM
  #20
LoneWolf54
Relocated.
 
LoneWolf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
I am still expulsing the paper I ate last time we waged..


...

What kind of odds, what kind of stakes?
If the Bruins win, dinner Friday is on you.

If the Habs win, dinner Friday is on me AND I'll rock a PK Subban tshirt for the meal.

I'm feeling confident.

LoneWolf54 is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 09:42 AM
  #21
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
If the Bruins win, dinner Friday is on you.

If the Habs win, dinner Friday is on me AND I'll rock a PK Subban tshirt for the meal.

I'm feeling confident.
I know you won't let anyone else wear a McQuaid shirt..

I agree to those terms, but I for some reason I feel the punishment is tilted against you. You sure you don't have any other shirt I could wear as humiliation?

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 09:43 AM
  #22
LoneWolf54
Relocated.
 
LoneWolf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
I know you won't let anyone else wear a McQuaid shirt..

I agree to those terms, but I for some reason I feel the punishment is tilted against you. You sure you don't have any other shirt I could wear as humiliation?
OH I DO!!

Im sure I could find one just for you.

If not, I will personally purchase one for you.

LoneWolf54 is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 09:45 AM
  #23
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
OH I DO!!

Im sure I could find one just for you.

If not, I will personally purchase one for you.
That is a woman who will go to extra lenght for humiliating her friend.

You gotta respect someone like that...

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 09:49 AM
  #24
LoneWolf54
Relocated.
 
LoneWolf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
That is a woman who will go to extra lenght for humiliating her friend.

You gotta respect someone like that...
Odds are still tilted in your favor. You'll be in Boston, so if you wear a Bruins shirt, you look like everyone else.

If I lose and have to wear a Habs shirt, a Subban shirt non the less, i'll be exiled from my own city immediatley.

LoneWolf54 is offline  
Old
03-23-2011, 09:49 AM
  #25
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,944
vCash: 50
I hope Chara will ******* in his *******! Is that considered a threat?

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.