HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Will Hank get 10 Shutouts?

View Poll Results: Will Hank get 10 shutouts
Yes 24 40.68%
No 35 59.32%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2011, 09:08 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
If Lundqvist can get one more shutout he'd be one of 31 goaltenders in NHL history to achieve more than 10 shutouts. Isn't that an all-time great season?

Old
03-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
It's not that I lacked faith in the King, it was lack of faith in the D.
Same. And I'm glad to admit that my 7-8 prediction was wrong hehe

Old
03-22-2011, 09:10 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
If Lundqvist can get one more shutout he'd be one of 31 goaltenders in NHL history to achieve more than 10 shutouts. Isn't that an all-time great season?
Wow.

I realllllly hope he can hit one more shutout.

Maybe 2-3 more, too.

Old
03-22-2011, 09:13 PM
RangerBlues

Ten was an easy number!
Lets get two more with 5 wins and we can forget about TT getting the Vezina.

Old
03-22-2011, 09:13 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I think this game put him in the top 5 GAA and Save%, according to someone in the PGT.
That, plus leading the league in shutouts, plus starting the amounts of games he does, plus all the other intangibles of the situation and I think if Thomas stats weren't so nuts Hank would finally get his props.

That was top-5 in wins and SV%. He's just outside top-5 in GAA.

Old
03-22-2011, 09:35 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Bah. Here's hoping a few more shutouts push him into the top 5 in SV%.

Also, I was just thinking about it. Anybody else a little giddy that "Queen Lundpads" might have arguably the best season in his career even without his "massive pads?"

It's the victories like that that matter when dealing with Devils fans.

Old
03-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

He is in the top 5 in every stat for goalies with 50+ games. That would take hiller off the list.

He even has a point scoring streak

Old
03-22-2011, 09:58 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
He is in the top 5 in every stat for goalies with 50+ games. That would take hiller off the list.

He even has a point scoring streak
Hiller's injury definitely takes him out of contention. He had a great season but he hasn't played since February and is unlikely to return this season at all.

I definitely think the voters will take into account the fact that Lundqvist has played 10 more games than Thomas (more under pressure as well). I think between that and the SO this might finally be his season for the Vezina. Really the only competition should be Price but I wasn't impressed Friday night.

Old
03-22-2011, 10:58 PM
rangersfan111

Unless he tears it up down the stretch, he won't even be nominated. Luongo, Thomas and Rinne all have better save percentages and goals against. Lundqvist beats Thomas and Rinne in wins only because he has played more games. Someone stated previously that shutouts are an overrated stat and I tend to agree with that. In my mind he is the best and most consistent goalie in the league, but he will not beat out any of those three players unless his save percentage turns into a .925, and gaa turns into 2.25.

Old
03-22-2011, 11:05 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan111 View Post
Unless he tears it up down the stretch, he won't even be nominated. Luongo, Thomas and Rinne all have better save percentages and goals against. Lundqvist beats Thomas and Rinne in wins only because he has played more games. Someone stated previously that shutouts are an overrated stat and I tend to agree with that. In my mind he is the best and most consistent goalie in the league, but he will not beat out any of those three players unless his save percentage turns into a .925, and gaa turns into 2.25.
The fact that he's played more games negatively effects every other stat, which is why him being in the top 5 is so good.

The fact he's played more games, A LOT more than Thomas, is the reason why he would be nominated.

I don't think SO's can be considered overrated when they account for a fourth of your teams wins, on a team that relies much more on elite goaltending then VAN or BOS because of the talent differential.

I just wish they took the entire situation more into account when deciding the Vezina. i think Rinne and Hank deserve it just as much as Thomas.

Old
03-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Thomas has been nothing better then average since the end of january.. I think he'd be more deserving of the vezina if he went on the run he had at the start of the season at the end of the season instead.. If he's nothing better then average come playoff time, who cares about the first 3 months? that .95 sv% is meaningless if they get knocked out in the 1st round of the playoffs.

But that's not how the awards work.

Old
03-22-2011, 11:22 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
The vezina isn't given out to the goalie with the most wins or best save percentage. It's given the the most outstanding goalie to play for his particular team. Thomas has a top-notch division leading team, Loungo has a presidents winning team. Are the rangers either of those things? No, The only label we have is young and unproven. Lundqvist has a shot.

Old
03-23-2011, 12:38 AM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

All Lundqvist cares about is that CUP. F individual awards.

Old
03-23-2011, 12:40 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Amazing call to say he'll get 10. I wonder who made this thread

Old
03-23-2011, 02:25 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Proud to say i was one of the first few to vote for Yes when lundqvist didn't even have 5 let alone 7-8 shutouts.

Old
03-23-2011, 05:36 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
6th in wins with 32

tied for 7th in SvPct with a .922

1st in Shutouts with 10

6th in GAA with 2.31

Not sure that Hank even gets nominated this year.

If Thomas doesn't win it, then I would guess that Rinne or Luongo will

Those are my three nominee's at the very least with some consideration given to Price and Hank

Old
03-23-2011, 07:17 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
The vezina isn't given out to the goalie with the most wins or best save percentage. It's given the the most outstanding goalie to play for his particular team. Thomas has a top-notch division leading team, Loungo has a presidents winning team. Are the rangers either of those things? No, The only label we have is young and unproven. Lundqvist has a shot.
The people who vote on that don't care, Hank will likely get shafted. It's stupid, but that's how it is.

I think he gets nominated but misses the trophy.

Old
03-23-2011, 08:22 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
6th in wins with 32

1st in Shutouts with 10

6th in GAA with 2.31

Those are my three nominee's at the very least with some consideration given to Price and Hank
6th in wins with 32, but Price and Howard are 1st with 34. 2 wins isn't a big enough difference to deny him a nomination. Price has also played 5 more games to get those 2 extra wins. Howard has played less, but plays on a much better team. If we keep winning and pass montreal, Henrik could end up with the most wins.

Tied for 7th in SV%, but Reimer and Varlamov have played 29 and 24 games, respectively. Neither one has played enough games to qualify, so really, Henrik is more like 5th. And 3rd place is only .925, a difference of .003. Anything over .92 is great. Barring a collapse down the stretch, Henrik's SV% won't hurt his chances of being nominated.

6th in GAA, but Varlamov has only played 24 games, so again, he doesn't qualify. So Henrik is really 5th, and can still improve on his GAA if we continue to play well.

Old
03-23-2011, 08:26 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
6th in wins with 32

1st in Shutouts with 10

6th in GAA with 2.31

5th in GAA (Varlamov's only played 24 games)
1st in Shutouts
Tied for 5th in Save % (3 tied with .925, 3 tied with .922)
3rd in Wins (2 with 34, 3 with 33)

He's got a shot at leading the league in wins, being only 2 behind the leader on much worse teams than who is in front of him (Det, MTL, Van, Phx - Calgary being a possible exception)

Save % can certainly get narrower

He's got a shot at being nominated. Thomas has lost 4 of 5, that can't be helping him. The next 8 are huge.

Old
03-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan111 View Post
This, though I don't think Luongo gets a nomination over Lundqvist. Thomas and Rinne have the 1 and 2 locked down right now.

If Lundqvist can get another shutout or so and really tear it up in the last 8 games of the season, he might get his stats up to where he'll be considered, but people have been jerking it to Thomas all season and even with some so-so play lately, his stats still hold up well enough, and Rinne has been getting tons of praise lately.

That's OK, I'll take a Conn Smythe over a Vezina anyways

Old
03-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Chalfdiggity3

I just dont get why lundqvist isnt even considered in the Vezina trophy running. I was watching NHL Overtime last night and the 5 goalies they had up for the Vezina was Quick, Thomas, Rinne, Howard, and Price. I just dont get why the Rangers and Lundqvist in particular gets NO respect from the league.

This was a team that was predicted to be down in the cellar and yet here we are in 7th place, only a couple games out of 5th! Its just down right ignorant and hopefully this season or after we show what we can do in the playoffs well earn alittle respect around here.

We are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NHL haha

Old
03-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Levitate

Haha, why would Quick be up. The only stat Lundqvist doesn't have him beat on is GAA

Old
03-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Haha, why would Quick be up. The only stat Lundqvist doesn't have him beat on is GAA
I have no clue, this is why i question if the league even pays attention or if they just HATE the rangers.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Levitate

Actually Howard is even worse because his personal stats are pretty mediocre compared to everyone else. .908 save percentage? 2.75 GAA?

He has 2 more wins than Lundqvist ohhhhhhh better nominate him

Guess he's still getting a pass because he wracks up the wins because the Wings are a damn good team.

And I think he's a pretty good goalie and I like him but cmonnnn

Old
03-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
We're constantly heralded as the hardest working, most physical team in the league. Personally, I like that label m ore than the one that we are 100% dependent on our goaltender.