HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Lose 2-0 With A Horrific Effort

Old
03-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Craig71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
Even if he is injured... he's somehow good enough to play PK minutes.

And his problems this year started long before he got hurt. This guy has honestly been worse with the puck than Ryder was in his dreadful 07-08 year. Sure Cammy will put up more points because he's way more talented, but its getting depressing watching him screw up with the puck literally every. single. time.
I agree with you and wonder why he would have even come back like he did from a shoulder injury. I think he has lost his game for some reason and he is still getting minutes in hopes that he might break out of it. It is painful to watch.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 07:56 AM
headliner

At the time of Max's mugging, we were on our way to a 5th straight W.

Since he's been gone, it's been L-W-L-W-L-W-L.

And Pleky's absence makes it worse.

Cammy, Gio, and Gomez must step up NOW!!!

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:02 AM
Maverik

I am still not sure why everyone is throwing fit over a defenseman that played 15 minutes. Picard did nothing good, but he did not cost us the game. He's not there to score goal and look... we didn't score any.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by headliner View Post

So it should be a W tomorrow night, Ill take it

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:23 AM
neofury*

I can't believe people are going crazy. It wasn't that bad a game at all. Miller shut us down, Gomez wasn't nearly as bad as people said he was. Cammalleri was definitely bad as per usual, but he's clearly playing with a nagging injury give the guy a break, he's frustrating to watch right now, wait till the playoffs

Anyways it wasn't a horrific effort, it just wasn't a win get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
I am still not sure why everyone is throwing fit over a defenseman that played 15 minutes. Picard did nothing good, but he did not cost us the game. He's not there to score goal and look... we didn't score any.
Because when you lose it automatically means

1) Someone is to blame
2) There wasn't any effort involved (Even though you know, up until a few seconds left it was a 1-0 game.... )

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
There is no way he should be dressed ahead of a guy like Weber who has more skill and mobility, especially against a team like Buffalo who is small and quick.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:18 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Why do we even bother pulling the goalie to tie it up? It's like we've never practised 6-on-5 situations. Everybody starts running around making horrible passes and turning it over. We might as well just keep Price in the net, we'd have the same chances to score pretty much. Terrible plays by Kostitsyn and Subban at the end to hand the Sabres the empty netter.

I know Cammalleri is hurt but man, he was just brutal. A couple of nice snipes that Miller didn't have much trouble gloving but another than that, yikes. I'd almost rather him take some time off and rest for the playoffs than play like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
There is no way he should be dressed ahead of a guy like Weber who has more skill and mobility, especially against a team like Buffalo who is small and quick.
Agreed. Come on guys. Picard is garbage. And has been garbage all year. There's absolutely no reason he should be dressing ahead of Weber.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:24 AM
La Grosse Tendresse

So the fact we generated zero offense is due to Picard?

Yes he sucks, but the hate he gets for this game where just about everybody played horrible is a tad ridiculous.

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:27 AM
AraGOHABSGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Why do we even bother pulling the goalie to tie it up? It's like we've never practised 6-on-5 situations. Everybody starts running around making horrible passes and turning it over. We might as well just keep Price in the net, we'd have the same chances to score pretty much. Terrible plays by Kostitsyn and Subban at the end to hand the Sabres the empty netter.

I know Cammalleri is hurt but man, he was just brutal. A couple of nice snipes that Miller didn't have much trouble gloving but another than that, yikes. I'd almost rather him take some time off and rest for the playoffs than play like that...

Agreed. Come on guys. Picard is garbage. And has been garbage all year. There's absolutely no reason he should be dressing ahead of Weber.

1) Cant really blame A.K for that play... Camy lost the puck to Gerbe, and to not be pointed just passed it behind him without really looking and A.K had to reach out for the puck, by that time Gerbe was on him...

2) Yeah, Cammy is really not the same lately. All I see from his are missed shots and missed passes. I think he had like 10% pass accuracy. I am not even kidding, watch the game again and you guys will easly see it. I hope to not see Cammy with Eller and A.K, because Cammy is messing up that line by making bad passes and not being able to receive a pass...

BTW, did you guys saw Cammy's play with like 60 seconds to go? He is near the red line and instead of dumping the puck, he shoots towards Miller, giving the Sabres an easy clear...

AraGOHABSGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:44 AM
sprevost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
Guess Carolina is the only one who has a chance.

Classic habs lose including shutout. how many is that this year?

Hopefully Cammy gets feeling a bit better, but he was like this near the end of last years regular season, only to turn it on for the playoffs.

Huge Game Thursday for this team, please lord, let Sopel, Pleks, Darche and Halpern to be back.
Anybody else notice that Cammy isn't shooting like he did last year? He has been this way all season, he doesn't seem to be able to find the open ice to set himself up for one timers like the ones he was burrying last year....did he change he style of play? any ideas?

sprevost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Azriel*

What a boring game to watch.. All outside shots from the Habs and a deflection goal to seal the deal.

Irk!!! Bad game. I think they were already in Boston.

Azriel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:50 AM
AraGOHABSGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprevost View Post
Anybody else notice that Cammy isn't shooting like he did last year? He has been this way all season, he doesn't seem to be able to find the open ice to set himself up for one timers like the ones he was burrying last year....did he change he style of play? any ideas?
Probably that the other teams have adjusted....

AraGOHABSGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraGOHABSGO View Post
Probably that the other teams have adjusted....
I think you have a point there as well, he has a great shot from the slot and if he has a little time he can score some goals. If that is being taken away from him then he is definitely less effective and does not have many other ways to create offense.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 11:12 AM
ScottFC

It was just 1 of those game where we were looking too far ahead at the bruins and didn't show up. Nothing to worry about here just forget about it and move on.

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I can't believe people are going crazy. It wasn't that bad a game at all. Miller shut us down, Gomez wasn't nearly as bad as people said he was. Cammalleri was definitely bad as per usual, but he's clearly playing with a nagging injury give the guy a break, he's frustrating to watch right now, wait till the playoffs

Anyways it wasn't a horrific effort, it just wasn't a win get over it.

Because when you lose it automatically means

1) Someone is to blame
2) There wasn't any effort involved (Even though you know, up until a few seconds left it was a 1-0 game.... )
Miller was 1.000 on 31 shots, Price was ONLY .957 on 22 shots. The goaltending was the difference on a night when neither team was very good offensively. Sabres got A+ goaltending, Montreal got A goaltending.

People blame Gomez but his line was the only one that was consistently gaining the Sabres zone and getting chances, but nothing good enough to beat Miller tho some close (Camelleri had some decent shots, that centering pass to Gionta that was slowed on someone's stick going across). With guys like Plekanec and Patches out, after the big 3 guys we are left with more inconsistent offence that lacks depth (Eller, AK, Benny, DD).

Martin did what he could, cut it to 3 lines, put Cammy-Gomez-Gionta together, but they couldnt beat Miller.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 01:40 PM
headliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprevost View Post
Shoulders are very much involved in shooting motion/strength.

My guess is that he's not 100% after that separation.

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Miller was 1.000 on 31 shots, Price was ONLY .957 on 22 shots. The goaltending was the difference on a night when neither team was very good offensively. Sabres got A+ goaltending, Montreal got A goaltending.

People blame Gomez but his line was the only one that was consistently gaining the Sabres zone and getting chances, but nothing good enough to beat Miller tho some close (Camelleri had some decent shots, that centering pass to Gionta that was slowed on someone's stick going across). With guys like Plekanec and Patches out, after the big 3 guys we are left with more inconsistent offence that lacks depth (Eller, AK, Benny, DD).

Martin did what he could, cut it to 3 lines, put Cammy-Gomez-Gionta together, but they couldnt beat Miller.
I don't think you could break it down like that, although I understand what you're saying. But to me Price had to make more difficult saves while the goal was a deflection from the crease. Price had a perfect night as far as I'm concerned. You refered to it in your post, to me the lack of ressources was the main culprit for this loss, and I'd add the underproduction we've come to expect from our 2 most expensive forwards didn't help (let's also give credit to Buffalo for a very focused and well executed road game).

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by headliner View Post

Max AND Sopel were lost...

Get them both back and then we are

(Pleks and Halp too of course)

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post

I thought Price played as well as Miller, he made 3-4 great saves, Miller didn't have to make any great saves.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I am not saying otherwise, Weber should be in. But to put the blame on Picard like a lot have done in the 1st and 2nd page of this thread is ridiculous.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote