Notices

"The Sinless Stone Casters" vs "Public Enemy #1

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

vCash: 500
Can't wait, Bruins better not disappoint tomorrow. Everyone at work is already busting balls

Old
03-23-2011, 10:34 AM
MetM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Can't wait, Bruins better not disappoint tomorrow. Everyone at work is already busting balls

Yep....

Go Bruins!

Old
03-23-2011, 10:41 AM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
and well they should...the scabs have kicked our ***** soundly now for two straight seasons......I hope we win, but it just seems that MTL has our number.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:44 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
and well they should...the scabs have kicked our ***** soundly now for two straight seasons......I hope we win, but it just seems that MTL has our number.
except the 08/09 playoffs when we swept them That felt good. Especially since I think they kicked our ass during the regular season (could be wrong about that)

Old
03-23-2011, 10:48 AM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

I wouldn't be surprised if Moen or someone tries to fight Chara. It will probably be a little wrestling match just for show, though.

Old
cashman rules*

Just pound the piss out of the rest of the midgets,same style as last game in boston

Old
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetM View Post
Yep....

Go Bruins!
Best of luck to those of you in the lion's den. I can't even imagine the **** you guys must take on a regular basis.

Good on ya for being great B's supporters!

Old
03-23-2011, 10:49 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
except the 08/09 playoffs when we swept them That felt good. Especially since I think they kicked our ass during the regular season (could be wrong about that)
We lost 5 out of 6 to you in 08-09.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:50 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman rules View Post
Just pound the piss out of the rest of the midgets,same style as last game in boston
Do this please

Old
03-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Is Chara going to have to fight this game? I know these types of hyped mach ups are usually "letdown" games as the league will be watching them like a hawk, but is Chara going to have to "Cooke and Thornton" it out?

I personally think that Montreal doesn't want any of the rough stuff at the Garden. I don't think they even want to try and send a message to Chara and the rest. They're going to try and play their sneak, agitate and run game. It works, but hopefully, like last night, the boys show some restraint if it's a close game. We can't be running to the box against the Habs.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Sevren

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejickler View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Moen or someone tries to fight Chara. It will probably be a little wrestling match just for show, though.
Moen and White could fight Chara, but that's about it. White has guts but he's too small, it would be a mismatch. Moen is bigger and has a long reach as well as experience so I could see him hanging in there for a draw.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:08 AM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston BROin View Post
Is Chara going to have to fight this game? I know these types of hyped mach ups are usually "letdown" games as the league will be watching them like a hawk, but is Chara going to have to "Cooke and Thornton" it out?

I personally think that Montreal doesn't want any of the rough stuff at the Garden. I don't think they even want to try and send a message to Chara and the rest. They're going to try and play their sneak, agitate and run game. It works, but hopefully, like last night, the boys show some restraint if it's a close game. We can't be running to the box against the Habs.
Rough and montreal don't mix,Thornton will look at moen sideways and that will be it.If we get up 4 or 5 goals i would love for big z to grab anybody on that team and do what he did to ivanans,hook line and sinker.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:12 AM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman rules View Post
Rough and montreal don't mix,Thornton will look at moen sideways and that will be it.If we get up 4 or 5 goals i would love for big z to grab anybody on that team and do what he did to ivanans,hook line and sinker.
ahem hal Gill ahem

Old
03-23-2011, 11:17 AM
BoyntBergie

It would be assinine for MTL to send someone to fight Chara, and in Boston no less. All that would happen is Chara would maul whoever it was, and the building would go nuts. Makes no sense.

The Habs will hit him every chance they get (as they should), but I'd be shocked if we see much rough stuff at all.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Jeff6582

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
ahem hal Gill ahem
I dunno if Gill will want to...

Old
03-23-2011, 11:44 AM
mattbnh

I am expecting to see a lot of stick stabs to the back of legs by the smurfs to try to bait the bears.
I also expect a fair amount of "flop on contact" early on.
If the refs have gotten a talking to from Toronto, I worry about the penalty ratio and early calls against the Bruins.
I would pray to all gods real or imagined for a dive call in the first, but know in my heart they would call it on a bruin.

I also want to say that there have been several hab visitors lately in various threads, and they have been consistently non-trolling reasonable people. You know who you are, and in my opinion you are making it harder for us to stereotype habs fans.

So cut it out! You are complicating our world.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Fire Julien

O'Halloran, O'Rourke, Barton, Amell: Officiating crew for Habs-Bruins game tomorrow.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Jeff6582

From Dreger:

the police investigation into the hit that sparked outrage among Habs fans is ongoing. Montreal city police launched the probe two days after the incident took place, but aren't providing specifics on where the process stands.

Daniel Lacoursiere, a city police spokesman says "the investigation is still on going, that's as far as well go for now."

A source close to the case says he expects the matter will drag on, but adds to date, Zdeno Chara has not been interviewed to present his side of incident.

The Bruins say they have retained counsel to handle the situation, but won't comment while the investigation continues.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
This is why I openly don't tell people I'm a Bruins fan anymore. Too much of a hassle to deal with morons.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:54 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6582 View Post
From Dreger:

the police investigation into the hit that sparked outrage among Habs fans is ongoing. Montreal city police launched the probe two days after the incident took place, but aren't providing specifics on where the process stands.

Daniel Lacoursiere, a city police spokesman says "the investigation is still on going, that's as far as well go for now."

A source close to the case says he expects the matter will drag on, but adds to date, Zdeno Chara has not been interviewed to present his side of incident.

The Bruins say they have retained counsel to handle the situation, but won't comment while the investigation continues.
In other words, they are sweeping this under the carpet, as it should be.

Don't see anything wrong with that.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:59 AM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
From Dreger:

Insanity.

Old
03-23-2011, 12:01 PM
mattbnh

Quote:
From Dreger:

This makes me laughingly imagine a 24-like rendition of a 6'9" slovak over the US/Canadian border by black-clad mounties in a black RV with Quebec plates driving on a dirt road in northern New Hampshire. Suddenly, a flashlight in the dark, and the Ford Victoria of the Coos Country Sheriff is parked blocking the road. Cut to commercial.

Old
03-23-2011, 12:09 PM
iRONic™
You know; Merlot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbnh View Post
This makes me laughingly imagine a 24-like rendition of a 6'9" slovak over the US/Canadian border by black-clad mounties in a black RV with Quebec plates driving on a dirt road in northern New Hampshire. Suddenly, a flashlight in the dark, and the Ford Victoria of the Coos Country Sheriff is parked blocking the road. Cut to commercial.

Old
03-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Paddington

Ok, we all know what the Bs have to do to beat the Habs. Play smart, physical, deciplined hockey. Wear down the Habs, get traffic in front of Price and things should go our way, right?

Everybody has been saying this for the past 2 years yet time and time again, the Habs get the better of us. It's one thing to say it, it's another to execute. How do the Bruins actually impose their style of play when it hasn't worked up to now? Any thoughts?

Old
03-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Hamilton Brian

The big thing is to counter the speed. How does this Bruins team do that effectively and without penalty? Lock down the neutral zone?

Closed Thread