HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Hank get 10 Shutouts?

View Poll Results: Will Hank get 10 shutouts
Yes 24 40.68%
No 35 59.32%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Chalfdiggity3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
We're constantly heralded as the hardest working, most physical team in the league. Personally, I like that label m ore than the one that we are 100% dependent on our goaltender.
Yea i get that and i completley agree with you, but i have yet to hear any commentator really talk like that about the rangers. Regardless of that its just down right disrespectful to Hank and his play to not even be nominated ESPECIALLY when the players that are nominated dont deserve it nearly as much. I wouldnt call it being 100% dependant on hank, id call it RESPECT for the man to give him his props.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Levitate

I try not to care too much about the awards anymore after Jagr got jobbed out of the Hart in 05-06

Old
03-23-2011, 09:58 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
I just dont get why lundqvist isnt even considered in the Vezina trophy running. I was watching NHL Overtime last night and the 5 goalies they had up for the Vezina was Quick, Thomas, Rinne, Howard, and Price. I just dont get why the Rangers and Lundqvist in particular gets NO respect from the league.

This was a team that was predicted to be down in the cellar and yet here we are in 7th place, only a couple games out of 5th! Its just down right ignorant and hopefully this season or after we show what we can do in the playoffs well earn alittle respect around here.

We are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NHL haha

Quick and Howard = No

Thomas, Rinne and Price = Yes

Along with Hank and Luongo. Those are top-5 for me.

I really like the way Price has played. That Habs team has been decimated by injuries.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Quick and Howard = No

Thomas, Rinne and Price = Yes

Along with Hank and Luongo. Those are top-5 for me.

I really like the way Price has played. That Habs team has been decimated by injuries.
i agree about quick and howard = hell no.

but i disagree with the rest. although they definatly should be in for the consideration too.

Thomas has REALLY cooled off after the allstar game and from i remmember this award is for the entire season not just the first half.

Lundqvist has Rinne beat in basically every category.

Luongo has an amazing team in front of him.

Price is very good but to say he deserves is bc of the injuries to his team is terrible arguement. The rangers have more man games lost this season than the habs so honestly dont see how that is a arguement that helps Price.

I do agree that these goalies should be up for consideration but to NOT even nominate lundqvist who is top 5 in every category, leading the league in shutouts, and only a couple of wins off from being 1st is just down right dirty.

The league needs to recognize him for his outstanding play on a team that was considered a bottom dweller this season. The NHL needs to start showing not just Lundqvist some respect but also the entire rangers team. It pisses me off that when we watch the rangers vs whoever on national tv that they dont praise the rangers for anything they do.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:13 AM
AJRanger

Quote:
No, he doesn't. Rinne has a superior SV% and a better GAA. Hank has, I believe, 3 more wins but Rinne missed a lengthy stretch of games through injury.

Both should be finalists, IMO, but I'd give it to Rinne if it were between the two.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Rangerfans

Quote:

Broscience?

Name Team GP GS SV SV% W L OT GA GA L SA SO
Pekka Rinne NSH 56 56 1516 .930 28 20 8 114 2.07 1630 6
Lundqvist NYR 60 59 1600 .922 32 24 4 136 2.31 1736 10

To me, those in bold are the big ones. Rinne clearly has Hank's numbers beat.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:26 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
If Thomas wins the vezina I'm going to be pissed. He didn't even deserve the first one he got

Old
03-23-2011, 11:26 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

How could wins not be a "big one"?

Old
03-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
How could wins not be a "big one"?
because thats the result of the team as much as the goalie so it can be misleading...if a goalie stops 59 of 60 shots and losses 1-0 its kind of unfair to look at the w/l record negatively...on the flipside a goalie that faces 14 shots and wins 5-4 shouldn't be given additional credit cause his offense won the game.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
because thats the result of the team as much as the goalie so it can be misleading...if a goalie stops 59 of 60 shots and losses 1-0 its kind of unfair to look at the w/l record negatively...on the flipside a goalie that faces 14 shots and wins 5-4 shouldn't be given additional credit cause his offense won the game.
CM that doesnt make sense. A win is a win, doesnt matter if you stopped 1 shot on goal or 50. Its honestly a very close race between the two of them but well see how the final 8 games play out. those numbers could change alot and lundqvist can beat out Rinne easily with the save % since hes only down by .08

My problem is with the league not showing lundqvist ANY respect for what he has done this season and NOT being in the voting for the vezina

Old
03-23-2011, 11:52 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
CM that doesnt make sense. A win is a win, doesnt matter if you stopped 1 shot on goal or 50. Its honestly a very close race between the two of them but well see how the final 8 games play out. those numbers could change alot and lundqvist can beat out Rinne easily with the save % since hes only down by .08

My problem is with the league not showing lundqvist ANY respect for what he has done this season and NOT being in the voting for the vezina
So you're saying that wins are a more important stat than GAA and S%? Seems to me that it's the least important...assuming a goalie actually plays a full season.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Leetch3

Quote:

a win is a win as far as the team is concerned...but in terms of judging which goalie is better to say that the goalie that won was automatically better is completely not true

Old
03-23-2011, 12:02 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
But that shafts goalies for keeping teams in games their team shouldn't have won, and there's plenty of games like that this year I can think of for Hank.

My finalists would be

Thomas
Rinne
Hank
Luongo
Price.

If Hank can get another shutout and maybe boost his SV% just a little,I think the argument can be made he deserves the Vezina.

I think GAA is a redundant and unnecessary stat with the introduction of SV%, myself.

Old
03-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
The league needs to recognize him for his outstanding play on a team that was considered a bottom dweller this season. The NHL needs to start showing not just Lundqvist some respect but also the entire rangers team. It pisses me off that when we watch the rangers vs whoever on national tv that they dont praise the rangers for anything they do.
They obviously heard you

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=556971

Old
03-23-2011, 12:15 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Great article. I hadn't realized Tim Thomas was making a double digit less amount of starts less than Hank. To me that really would taint the Vezina if he was to win it.

I hope Rinne wins it this year, but i'm glad to see that Hank might be in the discussion.

I also wish strength of team was taken more into consideration. Rinne and Hank are in a comparable boat while Thomas and Luongo are on better teams.

Old
03-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

We have enough Lundqvist threads here. He has hit it, this one has served its purpose.