HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

March 24th, Montreal at Boston 7pm ET

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2011, 06:08 PM
SouthernHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin2Couturier View Post
And while I'm here (sorry, I'll go back to my boards after this), here's what Milan Lucic just said on the radio.

http://twitter.com/#!/HackswithHaggs...91091346890752

http://twitter.com/#!/HackswithHaggs...91410734755840

Dr. Lucic???

Old
03-23-2011, 06:08 PM
m00ks

Just you wait. In a few days, Boston will go on to say the hit never happened. Delusional ****s.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Giddens

I really appreciated Recchi's days with the Habs, even if Leclair and Desjardins really had stellar careers with the Flyers. I have now lost all respect for him as a person. What an idiot.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I don't get it. Reechi says that we exagerated the concussion to get Chara suspended, but the crack vertebrae he has no problem with? You mean the concussion is more important that "just" a crack vertebrae? The same vertebrae that if it would have displaced, could have meant the end of his hockey career? Sorry Mark, but the vertabrae in itself would have been enough.

And yet, the guy was probably sleeping on the ice when he got hit....was time for his little nap I guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Just you wait. In a few days, Boston will go on to say the hit never happened. Delusional ****s.
Well Chara did go from "I didn't know where I was on the ice" to " I didn't know it was Pacioretty" so that could very well be happening.

So much talking....and nothing really intelligent to say.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:12 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Question for the Bruins fans that drift over here: aren't you embarassed by your team constantly whining and complaining and stirring the pot in the media?

Old
03-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Hey Recchi, are you an expert?

Old
03-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Kboum

I had a severe concussion... and yeah I couldnt watch TV or use my laptop... It hurts and you are so lost. I had problem to say something intelligent. I couldnt follow a conversation really I was tired.

But after 1-2 weeks I was able to play Xbox and my Dr told me to do so I use my brain or something like that. 2 months, thats a lot but they had probably something very severe.

I hope Savvy will be alright and I hope Patches will come back strong and healthy. You don't wanna see any player hurt. But no one can say Patches wasnt hurt that bad. Thats a really hard shot and he lost councioness and a broken vertebrea. So if he comes back I just hope he will take his time for a full recovery. Please don't say that was all fake... whats the point ?
The guy was mm away from career ending injury and almost lost the use of his legs/arms... So its not that bad ? come on... that was awful to see and i'm sure Chara wanted Patches to be alright even if he did or didnt hit him to hurt him and all the stuff he said...

Old
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Question for the Bruins fans that drift over here: aren't you embarassed by your team constantly whining and complaining and stirring the pot in the media?
constantly? I think Recchi is the first one to do anything like this in a while.

But to answer your question, nope.

Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I don't get it. Reechi says that we exagerated the concussion to get Chara suspended, but the crack vertebrae he has no problem with? You mean the concussion is more important that "just" a crack vertebrae? The same vertebrae that if it would have displaced, could have meant the end of his hockey career? Sorry Mark, but the vertabrae in itself would have been enough.

And yet, the guy was probably sleeping on the ice when he got hit....was time for his little nap I guess....
Yeah, MaxPac sustained a hit forceful enough to break his neck, but the Habs made up the concussion to get Chara suspended. WTF kind of logic is that?

This is what playing in Boston does, it rots your brain.

I used to like Recchi, but after his comments he can go **** himself.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
And while I'm here (sorry, I'll go back to my boards after this), here's what Milan Lucic just said on the radio.

http://twitter.com/#!/HackswithHaggs...91091346890752

http://twitter.com/#!/HackswithHaggs...91410734755840
Well, I think he is sincere about Bergeron's case.

I have to wonder if Savard and Bergeron suffered such severe symptoms because the particular lobe of the brain that took the impact.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:16 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Holy over reactions. Rechi is obviously supporting his team. OMG what a crime, lets tar and feather him.
That has nothing to do with supporting the team, and it's embarrassing that anyone would say so.

When you have an impact to the head so severe that the whiplash cracks a bone in the ****ing neck, I don't see how they can exaggerate the impact of the hit, especially when most people thought the kid was dead.

He should have a Bergeron/Savard concussion X2 after that, and it's only because those things are so unpredictable from player to player that it's essentially a fluke that he doesn't have any symptoms. I"m sure his symptoms were plenty when he was in the ambulance after hitting his head twice in less than a second.

There's supporting the team, and there's needing to refill your prescription.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:18 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
constantly? I think Recchi is the first one to do anything like this in a while.

Recchi, Lucic, Marchand, Thornton all come to mind.

Good to know though, thanks.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Savard was diagnosed with a grade 2 concussion and it is obvious that he came back too soon. Pacioretty was diagnosed with a grade 3 concussion and a broken vertebrae and is projected to come back sooner than Savard. He is actually already ahead of where Savard was at this point is his recovery based on what we've heard.

This much is pretty much a fact. Either Pacioretty is also projected to come back way too soon or the original diagnosis was (fortunately) an overestimation. Mike Felger and Mark Recchi were simply adding one and one together to come to the conclusion that there's no way Pacioretty had a severe concussion if the reports that he'll be back for the playoffs are correct. Mike Felger phrased it in a way that sounded like (and was) an accusation because that's who Mike Felger is. Recchi was pretty much just repeating Felger's words and saying that they have some validity. Not the best thing Recchi could have said, but there has been some overreacting to his comments.
Recchi should know to be quiet. He's only a 59 year vet.

It's sort of absurd that they're trying to make medicine as simple as arithmitec (my buddy had a concussion this is how long it takes... ). Each patient is treated on case by case basis. There are many other variables like past history for example.

Long story short Dr. Recchi need not speculate about such things.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
That has nothing to do with supporting the team, and it's embarrassing that anyone would say so.

When you have an impact to the head so severe that the whiplash cracks a bone in the ****ing neck, I don't see how they can exaggerate the impact of the hit, especially when most people thought the kid was dead.

He should have a Bergeron/Savard concussion X2 after that, and it's only because those things are so unpredictable from player to player that it's essentially a fluke that he doesn't have any symptoms. I"m sure his symptoms were plenty when he was in the ambulance after hitting his head twice in less than a second.

There's supporting the team, and there's needing to refill your prescription.
Seriously, he's talking like Pacioretty is playing tomorrow night. At least wait until he skates/plays a game before saying the doctors lied or Pacioretty faked it. I really hope they don't rush Pacioretty like the Bruins did to Savard and have him come back in less than 2 months for a playoff appearance (Savard got concussed March 7th, returned May 1st/ Pacioretty got concussed March 8th, projected to return to practice late April). Just shut him down for the season, it's not worth it.,

Old
Boardish

Bruins being disgusting as usual, no news here.

We don't know if Chara had the intention to kill Pac, but it's obvious that the Habs faked his injury... haha, hypocrites from top to bottom

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post

Julien's been doing it....Lucic's been doing it (check your Twitter account..), Marchand's been doing it, etc....And that's not over a 5-year period.

I think that when you should have a problem about this is based on the fact that out of every team in this league, Habs might have the roster than could not mix and match that great toughness in your team.....Which seems to make the Bruins braver in a way.....I'd love to see them talking like that against a team who could match them on that side of the game.....Not a whole lot of pride to be tougher than a pretty small and non-fighting team....Pretty sad 'cause the Bruins do not need that kind of behavior to be taken as a top team this year.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:23 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Seriously, he's talking like Pacioretty is dressing tonight. At least wait until he skates/plays a game before saying the doctors lied or Pacioretty faked it.
Exactly. It comes out like they're pissed that he's doing better than anyone would've expected.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:23 PM
MTL-rules

If these dumb****s Bruins players want to know how to beat this club... maybe they should start by shuting the hell up and not give the habs coaching staff something to write on the board...

They seem to do that each and every game... really... don't they have some PR personnel over there ?

Old
03-23-2011, 06:27 PM
RE-HABS

The Bruin players, most of which only have a high school education should leave the medical stuff to the guys who actually use their brains and go to university for years!

So a guy gets a concussion and a fractured vertebrae. Erik Cole had a fracture in his neck in the month of March and returned to the playoffs in the final round, everyone has different fractures and healing times.

The same can be said for concussions. Eric Lindros may not have been a quick healer in the concussion issue, or maybe it was the fact he multiple concussions that cause the issue?

This may have been Pacioretty's first concussion, was Cooke's hit on Savard his first?

Pacioretty maybe symptom free now Dr. Recchi, but the next hit to the head may have him out like Savard or Bergeron in the future.

As a person who is married to a medical professional I can tell you that anytime a person is knocked out with a hit to the head like Pacioretty had, it is a concussion effective immediately. It is not faked, Dr. Mulder and the other medical professionals have to make these reports, they would and could be sued for malpractice for making fraudulent claims.

For example, if a players salary is covered by insurance because of long term injury, you can damn well know the insurance company is looking into the medical reports with their medical experts.

Do these Dr.'s on the Bruins in Recchi and Lucic not realize that, maybe they should talk to their Docs.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Tuggy

Is this really shocking to anyone? You don't need to be a genius to play sports and I don't think anyone is going to confuse Lucic with a rocket scientist anytime soon.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:32 PM
RI.B FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Coming in peace, I see how both sides are so quick to conclude the worst of each other. We are glad Max is better. We did not like the hit either. We dont think Chara injured him intentionally. We have watched him play big and clean for too long. On the other hand, we have had our share of bad injuries. Had it been our player hurt in the same way by your team. we would want he head also

Old
03-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Exactly. It comes out like they're pissed that he's doing better than anyone would've expected.
That's how I read this. They all wished him the best.....unless it really happened. Might not be this way, but those comments lately sure make it look like it...And nobody put words in their mouths...they are saying it by themselves.

They really can't understand that all symptoms aren't the same as severe as it could be?

Anyway, I just find it retrograd that they put so much emphasis on the injury than the gesture itself. The day we'll punish the gestures more than the consequence, that's the day where this league will be better.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Barresi

Come in peace. I think it's clear the B's wish him the best, they're just doubting the severity of the concussion since he seems to be doing much better.

Anyway, good luck tomorrow.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Cam Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Hey Recchi, are you an expert?

lmao

never gets old

Old
03-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Newhabfan

All this talk is basically to try and free themselves from guilt. They know exactly what happened - they probably heard Chara saying stuff before the game and such.

Human beings are great at finding excuses for their inexcusable acts.

A rapist will say - "she was asking for it".

The bully in the schoolyard - "that kid was disrespectful to me (or my friend a month ago)"

The nazis - "we were following orders".

It just helps them sleep better and feel good about themselves - How can anyone think Pacciorety faked it is beyond common logic.

Btw - Was Recchi always such a j.rk or is it something in the Boston water ?

Closed Thread