HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Im interested to see what Sather does this offseason

Old
03-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
There is no way Drury is walking away from 7m next year..Why do you guys think thats whats gonna happen? No chance in hell..He is not Naslund.
so ur calling him selfish too. i agree. i wish he would give up the damn C already.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 05:46 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
This the offseason to see if Sather has changed any of his ways and to see if the "youth movement" him and Torts have been advocating is actually true or not.

This FA class is not worth while besides Richards. It is Richards or Bust. After him there are average/mediocre players looking for contracts. If this clown wastes cap space on a guy like injury prone Markov or old Kovalev or anyone else, I don't even know.

If not Richards, i'd like to stand pat, resign all our young guys, bring up a guy like Kreider to compete in camp, and save cap space for a great PMD like Burns in 2012. Redden, Drury off the books that summer, we will be in great shape to make moves.

Staal/Burns pairing in the future. drool
LOL

You're like 2 season too late to make that call. The youth movement has been underway for years now. Welcome aboard.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 05:47 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
so ur calling him selfish too. i agree. i wish he would give up the damn C already.
I wish he would never leave that pizzeria he opened. The most entertaining thing he has done in his Ranger career was that little segment he had on his pizzeria in CT (and that was only because of Boyle being in it ).

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 05:48 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
There is no way Drury is walking away from 5m next year..Why do you guys think thats whats gonna happen? No chance in hell..He is not Naslund.
Fixed.

I think we'll be surprised, Sather MIGHT be able to move Dru if he can convince him to waive. He's got one year, left earning $5mil with the $7.05 cap hit Sather might be able to swing him to a team looking to reach the cap floor.

I don't think he'll retire, but I'd say 80% chance there's a buyout.

Saves the Rangers $3.33333m in an off-season where they have very important RFAs to sign, and it will only cost the Rangers $1.6666 the next season, where it looks like important RFAs will be Zuccarello and Del Zotto, pending contracts signed this off-season.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I'll believe it when I see it about Drury and Redden. As for the Boogie man, that contract looks even worse now. Maybe they can unload him for future considerations to a team looking to reach cap floor. Richards is the top target, Ehrhoff(spelling) will get overpaid severely. Good d-man, but he has gotten the nickname Error-hoff for his defensive gaffs. Personally I think Grachev is traded/packaged in the summer. As seen on here, he's dropping in the ranks, it might be time to cut bait.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 06:38 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Can you imagine this guy,Drury,will make 14 M the last 2 years of his contract and will score zero goals for all that money..Oh but those intangibles are priceless..

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 06:41 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

As far as Boogaard goes,im in the minority here.I want him on the Team.I love him on the Team.If healthy he does his job well..If concussion lingers to next year im sure they will put him on LTI and get him off the books.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:43 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Can you imagine this guy,Drury,will make 14 M the last 2 years of his contract and will score zero goals for all that money..Oh but those intangibles are priceless..
Crazy! I can't believe no one has pointed this out before.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 06:44 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I'd be very surprised if drury retires, leaving $5 million on the table. Guy has a family to support. Regardless of how much he has already made, every dollar counts to help put his kids through college and live comfortably. He'll heal up and will want to play.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
As far as Boogaard goes,im in the minority here.I want him on the Team.I love him on the Team.If healthy he does his job well..If concussion lingers to next year im sure they will put him on LTI and get him off the books.
Whats his job exactly? To have a pathetic staged fight with another useless heavyweight every couple games?

Hes certainly not a deterrant to anything - thats a myth as it is.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 06:49 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Like I said im in the minority..At least Slats agree's with me..Did you like the staged fight with Prust vs Moen before the puck dropped? I even enjoyed that even tho Prust throws pillows..18,500 at the Garden enjoyed it also..I love Prust but he scares nobody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Whats his job exactly? To have a pathetic staged fight with another useless heavyweight every couple games?

Old
03-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Richards. Anything else depends on Drury and Redden.

I also think that without the Wolski trade, Sather would be looking for another 2nd tier offensive winger to bring in.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 06:52 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Im not sure if that was sarcasm or not? Im not on the board 24 hours a day so im sorry if thats been mentioned a million times..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Crazy! I can't believe no one has pointed this out before.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:57 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

They will solve the Drury problem. Glen's good at cleaning up his messes.

I'm all aboard the Richards bus but if he's not available and the Rangers are thinking about trying to trade for a Stasny, then I could see Joni Pitkanen as a possible UFA.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 07:19 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I'd be very surprised if drury retires, leaving $5 million on the table. Guy has a family to support. Regardless of how much he has already made, every dollar counts to help put his kids through college and live comfortably. He'll heal up and will want to play.
You realize everybody says this for every player in the league? Apparently every player in the league is so bad at managing their million dollar incomes that they can't afford to send their kids to college if they don't collect on the last year of their contract.

He earned $30 mil over his 4 years with the Rangers... If he lost half of that to taxes & escrow, then he pocketed $15 mil over that time... I believe he was making $5 mil per year his last season or two with Buffalo... He also has a business venture with his pizza restaurant. If getting paid his last $5 mil on the last year of his contract is make or break for "taking care of his family", I'd be shocked.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 03-23-2011 at 07:33 PM.
wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 07:42 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Christian Ehrhoff!

Although him and Richards and resigning everyone is impossible to do.

If they are lucky enough to have Redden bolt for Europe and Drury retire, then adding Ehrhoff would be a no brainer. He is a VERY solid DMan and an excellent PP QB.

He wont be cheap. I think he gets 5 mill per.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 07:43 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Resign our guys first
Then richards or bust.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
issue with Boogie is they are running 4 lines that can play hockey. Boogaard is a goon and well that's it. He'll be a real expensive 4th liner/spare and someone will have to be double shifted most of the time

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 07:51 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

I agree completely. He's useless with the way the team is currently built. It would be a shame, a complete shame if he blocked players like Hagelin and Grachev from making the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
They will solve the Drury problem. Glen's good at cleaning up his messes.

I'm all aboard the Richards bus but if he's not available and the Rangers are thinking about trying to trade for a Stasny, then I could see Joni Pitkanen as a possible UFA.
I also agree with this. Pitkanen would look bangin' next to Staal. Always been a big fan of his. He has his problems, though. Inconsistency, effort, and minor injuries. He3s a risk, but if he can play to his ability, he's a true 1st pairing defenseman who can log a TON of minutes.

Honestly, here's what I see Glen doing:

1. Moving up in the draft
2. Trying to dump Avery/Boogaard/Drury
3. Successfully get rid of 2/3 of those players
4. Sign Richards
5. If he can't, sign Pitkanen

And obviously he'll be re-signing every RFA but Gilroy.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:09 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I've always supported employing an enforcer. I think they still have a place in today's game.

However, Boogaard is an awful player. I'm not sure he fits with what we're trying to do here, running four lines that can forecheck, score and play defense. There appears to be legitimate concern with his long-term fighting ability after this concussion; if this is true, then there is simply no rationale for suiting him up.

Old
03-23-2011, 08:10 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
If Sather insists on an enforcer, you've gotta get a guy that can actually play the game. Like Shawn Thornton. I'd even be fine with a Hordichuk. But Boogaard is a liability whenever he's out there.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:12 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

To be perfectly honest I don't think we need an enforcer with Prust.

I don't think many teams have imposed their toughness on us, in fact quite the opposite- I think we do it to other teams. I don't think we need a goon for an enforcer when we have Prust who's a good hockey player, and other guys who are willing to drop the gloves.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:13 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
To be perfectly honest I don't think we need an enforcer with Prust.

I don't think many teams have imposed their toughness on us, in fact quite the opposite- I think we do it to other teams. I don't think we need a goon for an enforcer when we have Prust who's a good hockey player, and other guys who are willing to drop the gloves.
I'd like a heavyweight, though. Prust is wonderful, but I shudder when he takes on guys out of his weight class. If we could find a heavyweight that can actually take a regular fourth line shift, that would be fantastic.

If Prust continues to go against guys that have inches and tens of pounds on him, he's absolutely going to get hurt. It's inevitable.

Old
03-23-2011, 08:24 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
After re-signing our RFAs? Richards.

If they're unable to sign him, I say go after Erhroff or Pitkanen (easier said then done, though).

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
However, Boogaard is an awful player. I'm not sure he fits with what we're trying to do here, running four lines that can forecheck, score and play defense.
Amen brother. Sather's off-season last year was alright, but giving a 4 year deal to a guy like Boogaard was unnecessary and dumb.

How many games will Boogs play going forward anyway? Torts isn't too comfortable playing him either... I like our lineup a lot better with him in the pressbox.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote