HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

March 24th, Montreal at Boston 7pm ET

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
That's how I read this. They all wished him the best.....unless it really happened. Might not be this way, but those comments lately sure make it look like it...And nobody put words in their mouths...they are saying it by themselves.

They really can't understand that all symptoms aren't the same as severe as it could be?

Anyway, I just find it retrograd that they put so much emphasis on the injury than the gesture itself. The day we'll punish the gestures more than the consequence, that's the day where this league will be better.
Yeah, like my sis was knocked out cold in an accident four years back and was diagnosed with a concussion. Even so, they let her out of the hopsital after two to four days(can't remember exactly). Her cognitive abilities did not seem terribly impaired, but there were SUBTLE changes to her behavior. She became more moody and was easily distracted.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barresi View Post
Come in peace. I think it's clear the B's wish him the best, they're just doubting the severity of the concussion since he seems to be doing much better.

Anyway, good luck tomorrow.
Strangely, we didn't have any right to "doubt" that Chara really had no intention of hurting him and yet.....some Bruins have all the right to "doubt" the severity of the injury....

It would be fun for Dr. Mulder to come up in the media and shut everybody's trap so that the "real" expert gives his opinion on concussion severity....

And then....why would Reechi believes the vertebrae and not the concussion? Why not doubt the vertebrae as well? 'Cause he's not playing? Well if the idea was to give the league something to think about as far as Chara's possible suspension is concerned, well they have no choice but to stick with the report they gave....But I'm pretty sure that Habs are more intelligent and would prefer seeing MaxPac play right now then to see this big 2 games suspension give to Chara....

'Cause all that "MaxPac isn't that hurt" show, in the end, really means that the Habs would have done all of this for many games you think? We all know that IF something would have happened, it would have been 2 freakin games.....

Old
03-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Come in peace. I think it's clear the B's wish him the best, they're just doubting the severity of the concussion since he seems to be doing much better.

It'd be clearer if they actually wished him the best instead of either insinuating he/the organization embellished his injury to support their evil ulterior motives to get Chara suspended.

Old
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
That's how I read this. They all wished him the best.....unless it really happened. Might not be this way, but those comments lately sure make it look like it...And nobody put words in their mouths...they are saying it by themselves.

They really can't understand that all symptoms aren't the same as severe as it could be?

Anyway, I just find it retrograd that they put so much emphasis on the injury than the gesture itself. The day we'll punish the gestures more than the consequence, that's the day where this league will be better.
And this is all happening while Chara isn't even suspended. Imagine the hell that would break loose if he was suspended even for 1 game...

You injure one of our best players, you don't get punished, you somehow starting blaming us for the incident. What next?

Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Alexandre Picard is injured. Come on Habs, call up Alex Henry.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:43 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:

You usually keep those things for yourself, in the name of decency. The guy almost died on the ice. Not only are they not showing any remorse, but they talk as if recovering faster than expected was a problem. I know there's a rivalry and all, but sometimes a little respect between players when it's about life and death would be very welcome.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:45 PM
usernam

Quote:

To me it looks like they're pissed he's doing better.

Savard's concussion has been overblown as well, it was just a strategy to clear some cap space.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
If I was Dr Mulder or in the Habs organization, I would probably sue Recchi on it. Dr Mulder is a very respected doctor but now his professional intregrity is under attack. Recchi accuses him of modifying his diagnosis for political reasons. That's a libel case in my book.
Its textbook slander, but anyone who takes Recchi seriously on that comment needs to re-evaluate who they consider to be an expert.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:49 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
To me it looks like they're pissed he's doing better.

Savard's concussion has been overblown as well, it was just a strategy to clear some cap space.
Agreed. Only 2 weeks before he got another concussion they were saying how they needed to trade him to clear cap space. Also, guess who gave Savard his 2nd concussion? Ex-Bruin Matt Hunwick...can you say conspiracy?

Old
03-23-2011, 06:50 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Haha, I wonder how bergeron and savvy feel about him saying that ANY concussion can be a 'non factor'. What a dolt.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Barresi

Hey guys, I can't crawl inside their heads and tell you why they think one thing or the other. It may seem like they're upset that he's doing better, but come on, they're not monsters. We're always going to assume the worst possible traits of the people/teams we don't like.

Like I said, I don't think they doubt the concussion itself, just how severe it was. Either MP is an excellent healer, or it wasn't as bad as they once thought it was. Habs and their fans want to think the former, Bruins speculate (not definitively think) the latter. Opponents will do that, they don't like each other.

Anyway, I'm out of here before a flame war starts (had no intentions of starting anything, just wanted to say my opinion). Take care, guys.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Hey guys, I can't crawl inside their heads and tell you why they think one thing or the other. It may seem like they're upset that he's doing better, but come on, they're not monsters. We're always going to assume the worst possible traits of the people/teams we don't like.

Like I said, I don't think they doubt the concussion itself, just how severe it was. Either MP is an excellent healer, or it wasn't as bad as they once thought it was. Habs and their fans want to think the former, Bruins speculate (not definitively think) the latter. Opponents will do that, they don't like each other.

Anyway, I'm out of here before a flame war starts (had no intentions of starting anything, just wanted to say my opinion). Take care, guys.
It's fine Barresi. You're giving us your view, we are doing it as well. Pretty sure nobody said anything against you personnally and they shouldn't. But your team as ways to go before we start liking it....and ways would be another life or 2....But same applies for you versus our team, so it's all good.

Old
03-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Alexandre Picard is injured. Come on Habs, call up Alex Henry.
They should do that to up the ante... trying to prompt the B's to respond.

A Henry/Chara trade-off would be pretty nice.

Old
03-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Barresi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitenake
It's fine Barresi. You're giving us your view, we are doing it as well. Pretty sure nobody said anything against you personnally and they shouldn't. But your team as ways to go before we start liking it....and ways would be another life or 2....But same applies for you versus our team, so it's all good.
No, nothing was against me. I'm just being careful not to offend any Habs fans or seem like I'm being disrespectful, because I know this is a touchy subject on both sides. I also assume the last thing you guys want to hear is something that paints the Bruins in a more positive light.

But thanks, you guys have been respectful towards my two cents.

Old
03-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Maybe Recchi should look in the mirror and realize that he is a "non-factor".

Old
03-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
wow recchi....wow...

i just lost all respect for my all time favorite former hab :/

i thought you were a class act mark...

why cant people freaking understand that concussions dont affect EVERYbody the same???, some people cant handle it! and some can! tons of football players fit this description, and many NHLers, 10 concussions destroyed lindros, 10 concussions didnt stop roenick to play till he was 40

Last edited by Redux91: 03-23-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old
03-23-2011, 07:36 PM
nighthawk57

I think we need more classy posters like whitesnake and baressi in this site.It is very interesting to see two opposite fans exchange there point of view with respect.

In most of the post i read here,some habs fan kid bashes another habs fan kid because he disagree with him.It is pretty plain,and meaningless...that is why i don't post much here.

Keep it up!!!

Old
03-23-2011, 08:30 PM
sheed36

This thread as certainly picked up since the last time I was here..

Anyway I hope tomorrow night the Habs stick to the same game plan that as been successful for them against the Bruins this year and last season.. If they get sucked into the stupidity that is Boston Bruins hockey though the result will be a sure loss.. Go Habs!!

Old
03-23-2011, 08:35 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

! GO GO!

im pumped for this game!!

Old
03-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Gary320

I wonder if any funny business happens.. automatic suspension?

Can't wait for tomorrows game.. really anxious.

Old
03-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Habs 0

Bruins 6 (Recchi, Recchi, Rechhi, Recchi, Recchi, Recchi)

all unassisted.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:04 PM
usernam

go habs go

Old
03-23-2011, 09:13 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Haha, that Martin guy on l'Antichambre called Claude Julien " a goon coach " (his words)

Of course, Therrien disagreed

Old
03-23-2011, 09:21 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I wonder if any funny business happens.. automatic suspension?

Can't wait for tomorrows game.. really anxious.
Depends. If a Bruin player does something, Colin Campbell will pass the ruling on to his employee Mike Murphy and nothing will come of it.

Now if a Canadien does something, count on a suspension.

Welcome to the new NHL under Colin Campbell.

And is there any truth to the rumor that Colin Campbell will be lacing them up and skating with the Bruins tomorrow to shore up their 4th line?

Old
03-23-2011, 09:25 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsleafs4life View Post
We should lace up Mike Tyson.
Can GSP skate? That would be way too awesome!

Closed Thread