HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

March 24th, Montreal at Boston 7pm ET

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Bob Cole

vCash: 500
Boston Chokers
New official history will be made commercial from NHL

Old
03-23-2011, 09:31 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

You want revenge Habs? Go to Boston and win. That should shut 'em up.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Guy Caballero

Habs will come in cool and tight, Bruins will choke under the pressure at home, like usual.

4-2 Habs

Old
03-23-2011, 09:41 PM
OneSharpMarble

So the bruins think that we need chara to be suspended in order to beat them? LOL

That team is a joke and it appears anyone who plays for them loses brain cells daily.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
It's not about the number of games Habs win vs Boston; it's not about revenge. It's about what happens between the ears of these people, how they think and how they feel. It's about what's appropriate to say and what's not.

This goes beyond hockey and competition -- it's about humanity, or lack thereof.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Not just win, 07/08 style blowout win.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:52 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Recchi questionning his old team doctor is bold. Dr.Mulder is one of the best in the biz.

It's also a slap to the face for Dr.Mulder, the same one who helped save Saku's life (one of Recchi's best friends) when he had cancer.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

i want to know if recchi thinks that saku was faking his cancer. he was told he had a 50/50 chance of living, much less playing hockey. and he didn't miss an entire season.

i would love for captain saku to put him in his place on this one, but i'll just keep dreaming...

Old
03-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Stradale

I don't get Recchi's comments. He said Habs embellished MaxPac's injury to make the league suspend Chara but the league made their decision one day after the incident. IIRC, the next day, MaxPac was still in the hospital and the severity of his injury was still unknown.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:56 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
That's because you were smart enough to recognize the initial hyperbole.

It's a shame that you deliberately don't want to talk about you initial point anymore, that being that the Bruins don't go out deliberately injuring people, EVER. That point is separate from my point that the Bruins will engage in reckless play.

Boychuk tried to stick out his knee and hit PK with it. End of story. You want to say otherwise? Hell, every damn knee-on-knee could be construed that way then, intentional or not.
Even the biased Jack Edwards said "Boychuk was hunting".

BTW, "Ulf Samuelsson was just fighting for the puck, he didn't knee Neely on purpose at all".
There is nothing to talk about. Your initial comment was:

"My bet is on Scott Gomez being next one to fall. I'll bet his choice words haven't been forgotten by Chara."

I responded by saying that it was ridiculous to think that the Bruins would go out and intentionally hurt a Hab given the circumstances.

You followed that up with:

"Hmm, Boychuk whipping out that knee against Subban in spectacular fashion?"

I said that Plekanec's knee on Lucic was just as bad and that using the term "spectacular" was exaggerating.

You came back with:

"Hyperbole is a legit writing tool and should be easy to recognize. It was quite clear Boychuk wanted to make contact on Subban's knee.

Hmm, my bad for bad-mouthing Saint Boychuk then.

BTW, recklessness is one of your team's finest traits, whether they intend to hurt people or not.

reck·less   
[rek-lis] Show IPA
–adjective
utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some action; without caution; careless (usually followed by of ): to be reckless of danger.
characterized by or proceeding from such carelessness: reckless extravagance."

I said that the B's were not any more "reckless" than the next NHL team.

Does that about cover it?

So your initial point was that you thought Chara or another Bruin would target Gomez?

I think that's asinine.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Old
03-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
its so like boston lol

you just KNEW if pacioretty did decent progress from the injury

theyd start calling it misdiagnosed and everything was no big deal after all,
it makes me LAUGH at how pathetic these guys are
except I dont understand how how the severity of concussion can be misdiagnosed. I re-call that one of the variables in diagnosing the severity of the concussion includes how long he was unconscious. That's almost black and white as we have video evidence and witnesses to determine that... including one of the bruins trainers. This stuff is based on concrete information... not opinions.

Again, its the post symptoms that acts as the limiting factor, not the concussion itself. So far, so good, but there's a long way to go as patches isn't able to train yet... we'll see if the road is still clear then, and then comes contact practice... and so on

Old
03-23-2011, 09:57 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I don't get Recchi's comments. He said Habs embellished MaxPac's injury to make the league suspend Chara but the league made their decision one day after the incident. IIRC, the next day, MaxPac was still in the hospital and the severity of his injury was still unknown.
Why are you looking for any kind of logic behind a comment made a bruin player or fan?

Old
03-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

the bruins as players are becoming the tea party candidates of the nhl, and their fans the actual tea partiers.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Native

for us to win, we have to show resiliency and play our game. that is the only chance we have. if we do, we win as we've already shown, the season series is already ours. boston knows this and that is why they've been trying to force a rough physical game plan to gain an advantage and obviously it plays into their favor.

imo, lots of hot air on their part trying to create a feeling of injustice, how they are fed up and just protecting themselves or however they put it. whatever motivates them. but in reality, its their players doing all the trash talking, and trying to turn things around.

we're getting railed for causing a fuss but its actually them that can't let go. they're still talking about it but we've moved on.

max has a fractured vertebrae for christ's sake. dr. mulder is one of the most respected dr.'s, if not the most, in the league. what a disgrace that max isn't 24/7 bedridden and can actually speak and walk. come on now. forked tongues speaking of how great he's ok but question if he's faking and trying to turn and deflect responsibility. that's the disgrace in all of this.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:09 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Here is the actual interview with Recchi (it's on this page):

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/03/2...ns-pacioretty/

I would have preferred that he just "no commented", but what he said was not all that controversial, and the hosts were trying to coax something out of him. Basically, he was saying that given the fact that Pax was "tweeting" from the movies a few days after the hit and released a statement shortly after the injury, it was obvious that the initial diagnosis of a "severe" concussion must have been incorrect. (I am sure he is basing this on the fact that both Bergeron and Savard suffered far worse symptoms after their "severe" concussions)

I disagree with the "embellishment" answer, but the guy was just stating his opinion, and said four or five times that he was glad Pacioretty was recovering so quickly. Mountains out of molehills looking to feed the media frenzy.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:13 PM
OneSharpMarble

It must be Max's diet of babies that allowed him to recover so fast.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:14 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post

I would have preferred that he just "no commented", but what he said was not all that controversial, and the hosts were trying to coax something out of him. Basically, he was saying that given the fact that Pax was "tweeting" from the movies a few days after the hit and released a statement shortly after the injury, it was obvious that the initial diagnosis of a "severe" concussion must have been incorrect. (I am sure he is basing this on the fact that both Bergeron and Savard suffered far worse symptoms after their "severe" concussions)

I disagree with the "embellishment" answer, but the guy was just stating his opinion, and said four or five times that he was glad Pacioretty was recovering so quickly. Mountains out of molehills looking to feed the media frenzy.
He is still questioning Dr.Mulder by saying what he said. He is questioning the same guy who was instrumental in saving one of his best friends life.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:17 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Chowmeini View Post
the bruins as players are becoming the tea party candidates of the nhl, and their fans the actual tea partiers.
Please dont insult the Tea Party movement that is trying to bring America back from bankruptcy. Thanks.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Well my friend, you know that if YOU disagree with your opinion, imagine how it makes us feel. You disagree and you would have preferred a "No Comment". So not only we obviously disagree with his as well, but we find it's a total disrespect to the player, the doc and whoever in Montreal made that announcement possible. He's stating his opinion, we are stating ours which you, in return, can totally disagree with.

Stating opinions are all fine and dandy, but at one point, everybody has a right to find them stupid. And not understanding that even in "severe" there are different types of symptoms, to us it's a good reason enough to shut your trap about something you don't really know.....But then he has a right to speak and uses it.

Thanks for the link. And don't worry, we already known, as far as the Habs are concerned, how those radio hosts are **** disturbers...I guess they give a good show when you are a Bruins fan, but they get totally out of line when it's in relation to the Habs so nobody is surprised of how it turned out....but Reechi should have known better. It is susprising way more based on who said it, he was well liked here despite being involved in one of the worst trades ever for us. But he was well-liked by a whole lot of people. That unfortunately changed tonight, but he's a Bruins, so just another one to add to the list....

Old
03-23-2011, 10:19 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
There is nothing to talk about. Your initial comment was:

"My bet is on Scott Gomez being next one to fall. I'll bet his choice words haven't been forgotten by Chara."

I responded by saying that it was ridiculous to think that the Bruins would go out and intentionally hurt a Hab given the circumstances.

You followed that up with:

"Hmm, Boychuk whipping out that knee against Subban in spectacular fashion?"

I said that Plekanec's knee on Lucic was just as bad and that using the term "spectacular" was exaggerating.

You came back with:

"Hyperbole is a legit writing tool and should be easy to recognize. It was quite clear Boychuk wanted to make contact on Subban's knee.

Hmm, my bad for bad-mouthing Saint Boychuk then.

BTW, recklessness is one of your team's finest traits, whether they intend to hurt people or not.

reck·less   
[rek-lis] Show IPA
–adjective
utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some action; without caution; careless (usually followed by of ): to be reckless of danger.
characterized by or proceeding from such carelessness: reckless extravagance."

I said that the B's were not any more "reckless" than the next NHL team.

Does that about cover it?

So your initial point was that you thought Chara or another Bruin would target Gomez?

I think that's asinine.

We will have to agree to disagree.
We will see what happens tomorrow.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:20 PM
habtastic

Quote:

just keep re-reading that

the point is: after everything that happened with the hit, after all the goonery and trash talk all season (by ahem, Boston, not Montreal), after 0 suspension, after the GOOD news of Max recovering, who the heck makes a comment like that? As stated before, this is about the state of mind of a group of people (and to a great degree their fanbase...probably not you) and the disgraceful culture being displayed. On top of that, what...a dumb... conclusion to come to.

Speaking of the media frenzy...exactly WHO is feeding it? Please give me some incendiary quotes from the Habs re:Bruins this year.

I appreciate that you and others find that you'd rather this quote never happened, but please realize it is because some part of you knows how asinine it is and now you have to come and defend Recchi because he IS being an ass. Not saying you aren't welcome, just that I feel your facepalm.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Boardish

Why do Bruins fan feel the need to come here and say ********? Get back to your board, please.

Old
Legolas

Quote:

I don't think it was that harmless. First of all, Recchi is one of the oldest players in the league so he has to know how his comments will play, especially considering he played for us. He's essentially saying he's glad Max is feeling better in a sarcastic voice. He says he's glad he's feeling better, and then brings up the tweeting during a movie. I'm sure he is glad he's feeling better, but what he means is that he's glad he's feeling better because he was never actually that badly hurt.

Not to mention the fact that Recchi basically glosses over the fact that Max has a fractured vertebra, which is undisputed. And he ends the interview by expressing how happy he is that the league didn't go for our strategy of trying to get Chara suspended by embellishing Max's injury. At best, his interview is ignorant and very disrespectful to an organization that paid him millions. At worst, it's an attack on the victim of a serious hit and an entire organization and beyond unprofessional.

Old
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Chowmeini View Post
i want to know if recchi thinks that saku was faking his cancer. he was told he had a 50/50 chance of living, much less playing hockey. and he didn't miss an entire season.

i would love for captain saku to put him in his place on this one, but i'll just keep dreaming...
and saku's eye injury wasn't really that bad either.

i respected recchi so much, until now. so disappointed.

ot: i still get chills whenever i watch the clips of saku's return. that extended ovation. seeing him with a bit of stubble growing back. man, what a historic night. i can't remember what coach, i think it was a western team, made all his players watch that.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Habit11

Quote:
He is still questioning Dr.Mulder by saying what he said. He is questioning the same guy who was instrumental in saving one of his best friends life.
It's kind of crazy when Recchi himself saw what happened first hand. He saw with his own eyes, Max unconscious for several minutes, and then carried off on a stretcher. Then to say that the team "embellished"? The team said he had a severe concussion and fractured C4 vertebrae, non-displaced. Does he have another doctor's opinion who checked out Max that is to the contrary? If he doesn't than he should keep his mouth shut.

Closed Thread