HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

March 24th, Montreal at Boston 7pm ET

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Good one from Stubbs on Twitter...."I've got it. Pacioretty was at the laundromat. He just THOUGHT he was at a movie"

Good news Reechi....confusion is part of a severe concussion...

Old
03-23-2011, 10:23 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Here is the actual interview with Recchi (it's on this page):

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/03/2...ns-pacioretty/

I would have preferred that he just "no commented", but what he said was not all that controversial, and the hosts were trying to coax something out of him. Basically, he was saying that given the fact that Pax was "tweeting" from the movies a few days after the hit and released a statement shortly after the injury, it was obvious that the initial diagnosis of a "severe" concussion must have been incorrect. (I am sure he is basing this on the fact that both Bergeron and Savard suffered far worse symptoms after their "severe" concussions)

I disagree with the "embellishment" answer, but the guy was just stating his opinion, and said four or five times that he was glad Pacioretty was recovering so quickly. Mountains out of molehills looking to feed the media frenzy.
And for the 92nd time, Bergeron's and Savard's concussion's symptoms have absolutely nothing to do with Max Pac's. Everybody reacts and recovers differently. The doctors rightfully called it a severe concussion and this is what it is. There is no city-wide conspiracy. I have nothing against Recchi stating his opinion, but he should've done a little research before looking like a complete moron.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:25 PM
NBP81

Teams that talk trash against us usually end up losing... you'd think the Bruins ahd listened to the Caps talk ****, and then the Pens, both with disapointing results...

Old
03-23-2011, 10:26 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

So over/under 10 minutes in the game until we hear the ''USA, USA'' chants?

Old
03-23-2011, 10:27 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
He is still questioning Dr.Mulder by saying what he said. He is questioning the same guy who was instrumental in saving one of his best friends life.
I must have missed that? I heard him say that the initial diagnosis of a "severe" concussion must have been incorrect, given Pacioretty's rapid improvement and his ability to do things like Tweet and go to the movies.

Just as a point of reference...for weeks after being diagnosed with a Grade 3 concussion, Patrice Bergeron was unable to be exposed to bright light and had to remain indoors in the dark, unable to do even simple tasks. It was a couple of months before he could walk outside unassisted. Recchi's teammate, Marc Savard had similar symptoms after being diagnosed with a lesser Grade 2 concussion, although the time frame was not as lengthy.

Given this, it's understandable that Recchi thinks that the initial diagnosis of a severe concussion was incorrect. I believe the "embellishment" agenda was being pushed by the host, but Recchi did agree with him. Personally, I don't think there was any embellishment. I think the doctors were probably just erring on the side of caution after initially examining Pax?

Old
03-23-2011, 10:27 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
Why do Bruins fan feel the need to come here and say ********? Get back to your board, please.
They desperatly need to justify their actions to satisfy their "victim" complex. No matter what they do it is always a conspiracy against them because they are always the victim.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Treal

Quote:
Here is the actual interview with Recchi (it's on this page):

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/03/2...ns-pacioretty/

I would have preferred that he just "no commented", but what he said was not all that controversial, and the hosts were trying to coax something out of him. Basically, he was saying that given the fact that Pax was "tweeting" from the movies a few days after the hit and released a statement shortly after the injury, it was obvious that the initial diagnosis of a "severe" concussion must have been incorrect. (I am sure he is basing this on the fact that both Bergeron and Savard suffered far worse symptoms after their "severe" concussions)

I disagree with the "embellishment" answer, but the guy was just stating his opinion, and said four or five times that he was glad Pacioretty was recovering so quickly. Mountains out of molehills looking to feed the media frenzy.
The same Marc Savard who miraculously came back from a concussion to play in the playoffs.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:29 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
I must have missed that? I heard him say that the initial diagnosis of a "severe" concussion must have been incorrect, given Pacioretty's rapid improvement and his ability to do things like Tweet and go to the movies.

Just as a point of reference...for weeks after being diagnosed with a Grade 3 concussion, Patrice Bergeron was unable to be exposed to bright light and had to remain indoors in the dark, unable to do even simple tasks. It was a couple of months before he could walk outside unassisted. Recchi's teammate, Marc Savard had similar symptoms after being diagnosed with a lesser Grade 2 concussion, although the time frame was not as lengthy.

Given this, it's understandable that Recchi thinks that the initial diagnosis of a severe concussion was incorrect. I believe the "embellishment" agenda was being pushed by the host, but Recchi did agree with him. Personally, I don't think there was any embellishment. I think the doctors were probably just erring on the side of caution after initially examining Pax?
Ok, let me phrase that so you understand. THE PROGNOSIS WAS CORRECT, THE SWELLING WAS SEVERE. YOU CANNOT PREDICT HOW THE PATIENT WILL REACT. EVERY DOCTOR AFTER A CT SCAN WOULD HAVE SAID SEVERE CONCUSSION. How many times will I have to repeat myself?

Old
03-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I just love how Reechi says that the league knew he didn't have an intent to injure based on the fact that they didn't punish Zdeno....as if the league ALWAYS takes the right decision...

Geez Reechi, remember the Savard-Cooke incident? I don't have the link in english (here's the ones in french http://ruefrontenac.com/sports/canad...ins-recchi-lnh) but in french Reechi mentioning that it's a black eye for the league that Cooke wasn't suspended....that if it would have been to Crosby, the league would have reacted differently (don't look big old Mark, it HAPPENED to Crosby and the league didn't do squat either...).

So what big Mark is saying is that when it happens to us, the league sucks....but in Chara's case, the league has it right 'cause he wasn't suspended? Geez, that seems like a comment made out of a 13 year-old on HF......

Old
03-23-2011, 10:36 PM
FeelsLike93

Its funny Boston fans feel the need to come over here to defend themselves. Obviously they feel that way because they know theyre guilty or feel theyve done something wrong (in this case Recchis comments)

You know what? I feel bad for you guys I really do. So delusional, lack a huge amount of common sense and logic and more importantly think everything the Boston Bruins do that is bad is "overblown" by Montreal media and you immediately turn it on them and say its there fault. Dont worry guys your season will be over before you even know it

Old
03-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

HarryI, are sure that Pacioretty was reported to have swelling occured? I can't find any reports on that.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Guys, we hate generalizations and I understand that some Bruins fans have been way too far in this incident, but others are fine and discussions worthy. GloryDaze isn't a bad guy, he is a Bruins fan which makes his judgment clouded (as Reechi would say...), but he's not amongst the bad ones.

And some others around there aren't that bad. I know it's heated but let's make the difference between the bad ones and the not-so bad ones ('cause sorry Glory, even if you're good, you're a Bruin...it makes you just not-so bad...)

Old
03-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Craig71

Just go to Boston play your guts out, show the Bruins how to play hockey, win the game and voila all the crap storm will be gone.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:47 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
And on the Bruins board, they already have a wish/injury list of Canadiens players.

Stay classy Boston. I know it hurts to be eliminated from the playoffs early year after year.
Looked, but didn't see this? Even if it was there, it won't be for long. Every fan base has misguided people, kinda like the guy earlier comparing Chara's hit to a **** and the Nazis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
And for the 92nd time, Bergeron's and Savard's concussion's symptoms have absolutely nothing to do with Max Pac's. Everybody reacts and recovers differently. The doctors rightfully called it a severe concussion and this is what it is. There is no city-wide conspiracy. I have nothing against Recchi stating his opinion, but he should've done a little research before looking like a complete moron.
I never said there was a conspiracy and I understand that everybody reacts differently to concussions. Do you understand that he saw up close and personal the symptoms of a "severe" concussion and right or wrong made his comments based on the fact that Pacioretty is not suffering any of those symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treal View Post
The same Marc Savard who miraculously came back from a concussion to play in the playoffs.

Miraculously came back to play 7 weeks after the hit, and was not Tweeting from the movies a few days after either.

Quote:
Ok, let me phrase that so you understand. THE PROGNOSIS WAS CORRECT, THE SWELLING WAS SEVERE. YOU CANNOT PREDICT HOW THE PATIENT WILL REACT. EVERY DOCTOR AFTER A CT SCAN WOULD HAVE SAID SEVERE CONCUSSION. How many times will I have to repeat myself?
Please don't talk to me like I am a moron. I was simply stating that one could see why Recchi commented the way he did, based on the symptoms his teammates suffered from their concussions. I also said that I didn't agree with his comments. Do I need to rephrase that for you so you can understand?

I think most hardcore Bruins fans learned far more than we ever wanted to about concussions after the hits on Bergeron and Savard, so please don't act like you have cornered the market on this type of thing.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:49 PM
AHF

Send a message via MSN to AHF
Many of you guys still had respect for Recchi??

He was one of my favorites back in the day as well, but I've hated him for some time now. Over the past few years, he has turned into one of the whiniest players in the league. He complains/screams at the refs no-stop when they don't call something, but he won't shy away from hacking like a cheap b******* when the ref isn't looking.

He once was a classy player, but those days are long gone.

Old
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
There is nothing to talk about. Your initial comment was:

"My bet is on Scott Gomez being next one to fall. I'll bet his choice words haven't been forgotten by Chara."

I responded by saying that it was ridiculous to think that the Bruins would go out and intentionally hurt a Hab given the circumstances.

You followed that up with:

"Hmm, Boychuk whipping out that knee against Subban in spectacular fashion?"

I said that Plekanec's knee on Lucic was just as bad and that using the term "spectacular" was exaggerating.

You came back with:

"Hyperbole is a legit writing tool and should be easy to recognize. It was quite clear Boychuk wanted to make contact on Subban's knee.

Hmm, my bad for bad-mouthing Saint Boychuk then.

BTW, recklessness is one of your team's finest traits, whether they intend to hurt people or not.

reck·less   
[rek-lis] Show IPA
–adjective
utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some action; without caution; careless (usually followed by of ): to be reckless of danger.
characterized by or proceeding from such carelessness: reckless extravagance."

I said that the B's were not any more "reckless" than the next NHL team.

Does that about cover it?

So your initial point was that you thought Chara or another Bruin would target Gomez?

I think that's asinine.

We will have to agree to disagree.
I see, you can't identify hyperbole or sarcasm. The Gomez comment was COMPLETE sarcasm and you royally misidentified it as being serious.

BTW, I guess I should start making excuses for Habs who make knee on knee collisions in accordance with your divine principles(sarcastic hyperbole here). Time to take something out of the Boudreau excuse book.

Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
Its funny Boston fans feel the need to come over here to defend themselves. Obviously they feel that way because they know theyre guilty or feel theyve done something wrong (in this case Recchis comments)

You know what? I feel bad for you guys I really do. So delusional, lack a huge amount of common sense and logic and more importantly think everything the Boston Bruins do that is bad is "overblown" by Montreal media and you immediately turn it on them and say its there fault. Dont worry guys your season will be over before you even know it
It's not only the fans, the Bruins organization is doing the same. They are trying to remove any feeling of guilt and are playing the victim card to self-motivate themselves. They fear that remorse would kill the anger that this whole team was built around. If that happens, they know they risk choking again against the Habs. Maybe their latest record is a precursor of what they fear...

Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 03-23-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old
03-23-2011, 10:52 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
I think most hardcore Bruins fans learned far more than we ever wanted to about concussions after the hits on Bergeron and Savard, so please don't act like you have cornered the market on this type of thing.
Congrats. I read 3 books on concussions and have written a 25 page written essay about it. I also studied the brain for 4+ years. I don't think hearing reports about injured players is enough.

I'm not saying you're a moron. But analyzing what Recchi said is stupid. He made a mistake, he is not a doctor and most likely has no clue what he is talking about. I am just tired of repeating everything and getting ''oh but he did not mean to say it that way'' response.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:54 PM
TheBuriedHab

Heh, adds to what I think about the Bruins Org.

Old
03-23-2011, 10:56 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Guys, we hate generalizations and I understand that some Bruins fans have been way too far in this incident, but others are fine and discussions worthy. GloryDaze isn't a bad guy, he is a Bruins fan which makes his judgment clouded (as Reechi would say...), but he's not amongst the bad ones.

And some others around there aren't that bad. I know it's heated but let's make the difference between the bad ones and the not-so bad ones ('cause sorry Glory, even if you're good, you're a Bruin...it makes you just not-so bad...)
I feel the same way about you snake...for a Habs fan, you are pretty good, but you are after all, still a Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I just love how Reechi says that the league knew he didn't have an intent to injure based on the fact that they didn't punish Zdeno....as if the league ALWAYS takes the right decision...

Geez Reechi, remember the Savard-Cooke incident? I don't have the link in english (here's the ones in french http://ruefrontenac.com/sports/canad...ins-recchi-lnh) but in french Reechi mentioning that it's a black eye for the league that Cooke wasn't suspended....that if it would have been to Crosby, the league would have reacted differently (don't look big old Mark, it HAPPENED to Crosby and the league didn't do squat either...).

So what big Mark is saying is that when it happens to us, the league sucks....but in Chara's case, the league has it right 'cause he wasn't suspended? Geez, that seems like a comment made out of a 13 year-old on HF......
I would expect that sort of reasoning from a teammate, right or wrong. I will say that several B's players (Ference and Bergeron) came out and said that they felt the Paille suspension was warranted and that those types of hits needed to be eliminated even if it was a teammate involved.

To be fair (and objective) Cooke's hit on Savard (or McDonaugh, or Tyutin) and Chara's hit on Pax were two completely different animals, which was why he wasn't suspended. Cooke came from the blindside and targeted the head of a player that didn't know he was there. Chara hit Pax from the side, he knew Chara was there, and Chara did not target the head. The results of Chara's hit was extremely unfortunate and we will never know his intent, but it was a completely different play than Cooke's.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:00 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
I see, you can't identify hyperbole or sarcasm. The Gomez comment was COMPLETE sarcasm and you royally misidentified it as being serious.

BTW, I guess I should start making excuses for Habs who make knee on knee collisions in accordance with your divine principles(sarcastic hyperbole here). Time to take something out of the Boudreau excuse book.
One of the first things I found posting on message boards is that tone/intent is nearly impossible to discern. Something that you may think is obviously sarcasm or hyperbole may not seem that way to a reader, and it has nothing to do with their intelligence. Get off your high horse and hit the sarcasm "smiley", that's why it's there.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Pacioretty visit his teamates not so long ago but was ordered by the doctors to not stay and watch the game but go home right after....I imagine that if it wasn't that severe, they would not have had a problem with him staying.

Mind you, there's a limit to what Twitter can tell us. Is MaxPac telling us EVERYTHING he's having lately? Would he say something like he has headaches right now? Is he trying to show that he's great at recovering not only for himself but for the organization? The point is that you cannot make a diagnosis out of a Twitter post when we don't know if he actually didn't arrived home and had a terrible headache from it etc...What is pretty laughable is that Reechi in his interview says "Well, he does have that cracked vertebrae"....and again....if they can lie on the concussion, why not lied for that as well? How does he know FOR SURE that it was cracked?

To me, what Reechi is saying it's as if Pacioretty would be playing tomorrow. The guy already addressed something as if everything was already fine and dandy. Yet, this 4 to 6 weeks report was already been used by Bruins and other fanbases as if it wasn't that bad after all when everybody knows that a report like that could have been too soon and it will take longer than that to happen.

And then, like I said before, I'm just pissed off that we concentrate on the end result when it's the gesture in itself WE think was deliberate and worth of a suspension as light as it could have been thrown at him.

But the reality is that while it was one way for Savard, or another for Bergeron, it's that it's possible that it end up a severe concussion....but with less symptoms. And that's ONLY if we REALLY know everything that is going on in MaxPac's life.

But if we do believe that Twitter is his life, on March 22nd he says "Sleeping all day starts too get old"......any chance THAT's related to a severe concussion?

Old
03-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
One of the first things I found posting on message boards is that tone/intent is nearly impossible to discern. Something that you may think is obviously sarcasm or hyperbole may not seem that way to a reader, and it has nothing to do with their intelligence. Get off your high horse and hit the sarcasm "smiley", that's why it's there.
Fair enough.

Old
03-23-2011, 11:10 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Congrats. I read 3 books on concussions and have written a 25 page written essay about it. I also studied the brain for 4+ years. I don't think hearing reports about injured players is enough.

I'm not saying you're a moron. But analyzing what Recchi said is stupid. He made a mistake, he is not a doctor and most likely has no clue what he is talking about. I am just tired of repeating everything and getting ''oh but he did not mean to say it that way'' response.
I didn't study the brain for 4+ years, more like 4+ days

I have no idea what Recchi meant by his comments, just speculating based on what he witnessed with his teammate's concussions.

I'm pretty tired of hearing about how guilty all of us B's fans feel as well, which is why we are trying to justify Chara's hit. Not sure why I should feel guilty about something someone else did?

Anyway, I am going to bed, and I can honestly say that while it was unfortunate that Pax was hurt on that hit, I don not feel one ounce of guilt about it (nor should I) and I will sleep well, dreaming of a B's rout of the Habs tomorrow night

gn

Closed Thread