Notices

Official 2010-2011 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2011, 07:52 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

vCash: 500
Strange. Only one way to look at it...God's way of making sure you are in attendance!

03-24-2011, 07:58 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Williams View Post
Strange, I have been trying to post my singleton for sale for several days, but the site does not work; customer service at Stubhub agrees, there is something wrong and they haven't been able to fix it.
How much do you want for it?

Old
03-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Strange. Only one way to look at it...God's way of making sure you are in attendance!
I think that must be it. But who is going to do the work I am supposed to get done, if I am at the game tonight? I posted on ebay yesterday when StubHub finally told me they couldn't fix the problem... but have not had any bites.

Old
03-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP222 View Post
How much do you want for it?
I am not allowed to sell here except for face value. I'd rather go, and worry about my deadlines tomorrow!

Old
03-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
I think that must be it. But who is going to do the work I am supposed to get done, if I am at the game tonight? I posted on ebay yesterday when StubHub finally told me they couldn't fix the problem... but have not had any bites.
I'd definitely post it on craigslist as well, if you haven't already. I went to the C's game last night (got some some tix from a rep). So I'll definitely be watching from my living room tonight. Making the late night drive back to back is a killer for me.

Old
03-24-2011, 08:05 AM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
I'd definitely post it on craigslist as well, if you haven't already. I went to the C's game last night (got some some tix from a rep). So I'll definitely be watching from my living room tonight. Making the late night drive back to back is a killer for me.
I have never used Craigslist -- partly (mainly) because of all the bad things I have heard about it on this thread. So I assumed everyone else feels this way and doesn't use CL to sell tickets.

P.S. Agree about the drive. If I end up going tonight, then I will have to try to sell the Rangers on Saturday. I already drove in for the Devil's game.

Old
03-24-2011, 10:52 AM
KillerKampfer*

Quote:
Strange, I have been trying to post my singleton for sale for several days, but the site does not work; customer service at Stubhub agrees, there is something wrong and they haven't been able to fix it.
I wonder if this is intentional and the people who list ENTIRE ROWS of seats on StubHUb are asking/paying them to not let more fans flood the site with extra tickets since the game is so valuable and so that they can maximize their price???

No reason you shouldn't be able to upload your tickets on there or its not fixed, they have hundreds of events a day nation wide.

The people that own entire rows want every seat sold and don't want to eat anything and dont want to drop prices now they are getting 10x face value.

Last year in the playoffs there were tons of tickets on stubhub that you could tell never got sold by the empty seats. This year the listings are about a third as many up there. StubHub obviously doesn't want to be flooded by ST holders all uploading thier events and undercutting regular corporate brokers who might have to eat thier seats.

I bet its a lie and intentional.

Old
03-24-2011, 11:25 AM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
In my account selection click "beta" in the upper right. The beta section works properly, the old format does not.

Old
03-24-2011, 11:43 AM
NASCL

You could always list them as the row behind (worse) and then in the "Notes" say that the seller reserves the right to upgrade (better) the buyer by one row.

Old
03-24-2011, 01:34 PM
bossfan

This is probably not big news given the previous posts in this thread about limited ST availability for adding seats. I called my rep for something today and when I asked him about ST availability he said that there are currently only single seats available and they are only taking deposits for anything else besides singles.

Last edited by bossfan: 03-24-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old
03-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
In my account selection click "beta" in the upper right. The beta section works properly, the old format does not.
I did this (clicked on beta) and StubHub still did not work, i.e., it "failed" to upload my sell request. It really does not matter right now, since I sold the ticket (for $20 less than I wanted to) on eBay (which owns 100% of StubHub).

But now, I may not be able to make the Saturday game vs. my old flame, the New York Rangers. I wonder what I should do if I want to sell this ticket, too. (I am no longer desperate because I renewed my singleton for next year, and the stress of not seeing any more NHL games is gone. I can always go to see the original six next season.)

StubHub promised to get back to me when first I reported my problem with posting tickets, but it has been several days since then, and I have heard nothing whatsoever from them.

P.S. I was a fairly good customer of StubHub, having either purchased and sold, I'd say, around 20 tickets in the past two or three years.

Last edited by Elliot Williams: 03-24-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old
03-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Elliot Williams

When StubHub did not work for me, I went to Ace Tickets. I got a response saying they would get back to me. They never did.

So after I sold my ticket on eBay (wholly owned by StubHub), I contacted Ace Ticket. They said "sorry" we do "not normally" buy single tickets.

I am not angry, just disturbed that a company has a policy of not dealing with singletons, yet does not mention that anywhere on their Web site. To me this makes Ace Tickets somehow unreputable.

Old
03-25-2011, 04:50 PM
TommyBruinsFan

Wondering why everybody here seems to be using Stubhub instead of Ebay. Stubhub charges 15% commission and 10% to buyer. Ebay charges 9% commission and nothing extra for buyer. So why does stubhub seem more popular amongst you all? I have been a STH for 5 years and have sold all seats I don't use exclusively on Ebay and never take a loss and always make money. What am I missing? Enlighten me.

Old
03-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBruinsFan View Post
Wondering why everybody here seems to be using Stubhub instead of Ebay. Stubhub charges 15% commission and 10% to buyer. Ebay charges 9% commission and nothing extra for buyer. So why does stubhub seem more popular amongst you all? I have been a STH for 5 years and have sold all seats I don't use exclusively on Ebay and never take a loss and always make money. What am I missing? Enlighten me.

I use to use ebay almost much exclusively to sell. I don't know why. But I refused to use stubhub for the longest time. I just thought they ripped off both buyers and sellers. I saw the 25%+ of the pie they were making on every sale. And I just refused to use them. After enough of my friends who were in the broker business began selling through them (almost exclusively) I figured I'd dabble with selling with them a little. It didn't take long to move all my business over.

The ticket market on ebay has significantly changed in the last few years. I use to do about 95% ebay 5% craigslist and zero stubhub. I was paying five to nine hundred dollars a month in ebay fees. Ebay continued to change their system and their pricing structure, in spite the fact that there was nothing wrong them. In 2008 I made the switch to stubhub. Now I do roughly 80% stubhub, 20% craigslist and zero ebay. In spite of the fact that stubhub charges a 15 commission, the tickets sell for significantly more. As buyers are willing to pay the premium in service fees to get the "fan protect" guarantee that SH offers.

I bought a pair of tickets off ebay last May. A group of 3 seats to a Celtics playoff game. I paid about $300 for the tickets. After winning the auction and paying immediately, the buyer told me his dad gave the tickets to a client...and he couldn't get them back = the auction didn't bring what he expected. This was the day before the game. The seller wouldn't reply to emails or phone calls requesting a refund. After submitting a dispute with paypal, I finally got a refund...six weeks later. This is exactly why more buyers want the security of using stubhub...and I don't blame them. I'll look for deals now and them on ebay. But I almost never use them to sell. Just too many hassles. I usually had to eat about $500 a year in fraudulent paypal claims as well. Buyers using tickets and then submitting a claim through paypal. I would win an initial paypal claim at first. Then the byer/professional con-artist would bi-pass paypal and submit a charge through their credit card directly. Didn't matter what you said or did as a seller. Paypal always gave the money back to the credit card company...and took it from me. I think it was right after one of those credit card chargebacks that i started using stubhub. Funny, I haven't had a paypal chargeback since

Everyone has their own preference when it comes to where they prefer to buy or sell. But I can tell you that I've sold thousands of tickets through ebay (the majority being Sox tickets from '03-'08) and the stubhub selling experience is significantly better. It is far less work. Net profits are higher. And you don't have to deal with dumb ass buyers who attempt to blackmail you in exchange for "positve" feedback.

Last edited by Looch: 03-25-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old
03-25-2011, 06:52 PM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Quote:
There are a few reasons that people go the Stubhub route:
1. Ease of listing....no templates...no checking game dates/details/etc
2. No interaction with the buyers. No late payers/non-payers/whiners for any of a number of reasons after the fact.
3. The target audience is different. Because SH is guaranteed to buyers, Corporate types are more likely to use it. They are charging the tickets for clients/customers/vendors to their business and are willing to pay more for the guarantee since they are writing it off anyhow. Ebay is mostly bargain hunters. You will get more after fees (in general) from SH than Ebay.
4. Instant electronic delivery options (SH you can have your tix up until almost game time and don't have to worry about delivery last minute....list them and let them fly.

The fee difference has closed since Ebay upped fees. Between listing fees, Final Value fees, and paypal fees, it gets close to the Ebay 15% (with no additional paypal fees).

Since the removal of seller feedback and the upping of fees, almost everyone I know who sells tickets (either occasional or semi-professional) switched over.

Old
03-25-2011, 07:01 PM
TommyBruinsFan

Thanks for the great detailed answers. Does Stubhub allow you to post for a price but also consider lesser offers, like Ebays "buy it now" or "make offer". I kind of like that ability in case you misjudge the market. Or is it just as easy to go back in and drop the price of your listing? Some of those Ebay problems you mention are a bit scary. I guess I have been lucky so far.

Old
03-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Thanks for the great detailed answers. Does Stubhub allow you to post for a price but also consider lesser offers, like Ebays "buy it now" or "make offer". I kind of like that ability in case you misjudge the market. Or is it just as easy to go back in and drop the price of your listing? Some of those Ebay problems you mention are a bit scary. I guess I have been lucky so far.

There is one set price with stubhub. If you want to adjust your price you log into your account and you simply edit the price and click the "save" button...done. You can change the price every ten seconds if you want to. And if you upload your tickets, you can edit the price right up until the time the puck drops. It's nice when you get a email titled- "You've sold your tickets! - Order #38534456" You don't have to do a thing. The buyer has their tickets and you have the funds in your paypal account in 5-7 days. You don't have to pay 3% to accept the payment either.

Old
03-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Elliot Williams

Plans for someone fell through at the last minute, and I have a single seat, Sec. 306 Row 2 for today's Rangers game at 1:00 pm. Cannot post it on TicketExchange because the ticket is in PDF form. If wanted PM me. $32.00.

Old
03-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Plans for someone fell through at the last minute, and I have a single seat, Sec. 306 Row 2 for today's Rangers game at 1:00 pm. Cannot post it on TicketExchange because the ticket is in PDF form. If wanted PM me. $32.00.
tempting...I still have 3 loge at last minute services. I usually pick up a cheap singleton on the street and put the 5 year old on my lap when I bring all 3 of them. But my 10 year old would have to skip his lacrosse practice this afternoon. Tell me you sold it so I won't be tempted...

Old
03-26-2011, 09:05 AM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
tempting...I still have 3 loge at last minute services. I usually pick up a cheap singleton on the street and put the 5 year old on my lap when I bring all 3 of them. But my 10 year old would have to skip his lacrosse practice this afternoon. Tell me you sold it so I won't be tempted...
Yes, I sold it, I think (everything seems to have gone smoothly on my end).

I am not all that well-versed in PayPal, ticket downloading, etc. I am fine so long as someone else (StubHub, eBay, TicketExchange, etc., is doing all the logistical computer work for me).

Thanks for considering the ticket, though. I appreciate any and all interest.

I did call my ticket rep by noon yesterday, who said it would get "reinstated" so I could sell it at a profit or just list it on TicketExchange. But this didn't happen, i.e., the ticket was never put back into my STH account. All I was left with was the PDF file.

Old
03-26-2011, 09:35 AM
ProdigalFan
StillDontGrowOnTrees

Thanks so much, never been to a game alone before. Off I go!

Old
03-26-2011, 06:34 PM
RunFromTheBear

Is anyone interested in downgrading from there $75 or less loge seats to $35 balcony seats?

If you are looking to save some money on the switch, let me know and we can try and have our reps swap the seats for us.

Old
03-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Playoff Presale 3/29- Round 1, Home Games 1, 2 and 3*

STH's, tomorrow at noon-
http://links.garden.bostonbruins.com...97c192156fa0c8

Cybear members, tomorrow at 2pm-
http://mobile.cybearclub.COM/content...4be7a2da3b10b3

Playoff refund policy-
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=68607

I'm guessing with there being a good chance of us facing the habs in round 1, these will go much quicker than last year's opening round presale against the sabres...

Last edited by Looch: 03-28-2011 at 09:03 AM. Reason: added play refund policy
Old
03-28-2011, 08:42 AM
schmautzy

Quote:
STH's, tomorrow at noon-
http://by128w.bay128.mail.live.com/d...?wa=wsignin1.0

Cybear members, tomorrow at 2pm-
http://by128w.bay128.mail.live.com/d...?wa=wsignin1.0

I'm guessing with there being a good chance of us facing the habs in round 1, these will go much quicker than last year's opening round presale against the sabres...
That link goes to hotmail log-in.
Interesting that they are selling game three.
Habs are slumping. Not sure who I would want to play in that bottom three. Rangers and Buffalo goalies scare me.
Already sold my game 1 tix and will regret it if it's montreal or rangers.
May buy tix tomorrow depending on prices.

Last edited by schmautzy: 03-28-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old
03-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
That link goes to hotmail log-in.
Interesting that they are selling game three.
Habs are slumping. Not sure who I would want to play in that bottom three. Rangers and Buffalo goalies scare me.
Already sold my game 1 tix and will regret it if it's montreal or rangers.
May buy tix tomorrow depending on prices.

Whoops...fixed.

I bought 8 presale balconies for round 1 last year. I think I broke even. The key was selling em early. The market tanked late. With there being a good chance of facing either Montreal or NY, I'll give it another go. If we were definitely facing Buffalo, I'd pass though.

Closed Thread