HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gotta ask: Has Lavy worn them out?

Old
03-18-2011, 01:34 PM
phillyfanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Just wondering, the 1970's get a lot of hoopla as to the Stanley Cup teams, but the 1980's were brutal because they were teams you could really stand up and cheer for, totally entertaining and a very hard working group but lost to two dynasty's: Isles and Oilers. I think a lot of people who witnessed the teams of the 1980's were spoiled in a way that the current roster just does not live up to.

And last night was another example of how the team is to be held accountable. The coach gave them wednesday off, no morning skate yesterday, and they managed to get no shots on goal in the first 5+ minutes? For a team with so much talent and skill it just seems like they are sleepwalking through games.
You are not going to get an argument from me there. I am really pissed at how this team is walking through this season. There is so much skill yet for some reason this group thinks they can coast from game 40 to game 82 and then turn it back on in the playoffs.

If they keep this up, we will finish 5th. And if we finish 5th, no cup for us. I am really hoping that this next week the Flyers play hard fast and physical. Leave it all out there and play for 60 minutes. Then we will see if we are better than the best teams in the East.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Dorny12

Out skated Ovechkin-less Caps for most of the game - just lost on goalie play. Good effort against a good team. Pens tonight will be another great test of playoff readiness.

Dorny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Cartsiephan*

So what is it, the coach or the players?

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 12:51 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Yes. And the GM.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 12:53 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
It has to be Carter's fault. It just has to be.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 12:55 PM
phillyfanatic

Actually, I have no problem with how they played the past two games. They have been back on the top of their game. They should have KILLED the Caps - Bob was terrible. Bring on the Pens.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It has to be Carter's fault. It just has to be.
Well, duh, he is one of the core leaders on this team. If the ***** hits the fan some of the responsibility has to fall on his shoulders, that is why you pay these guys big money over 10 years.

Old
03-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Yes. And the GM.
How did the players like their rest time. Did Laviolette give them enough time off? Did he stroke their egos enough to get them motivated to come back with a full 60 minutes of effort yet? Is this team REALLY ready for the playoffs?

Old
03-24-2011, 02:23 PM
mm6492

Quote:
How did the players like their rest time. Did Laviolette give them enough time off? Did he stroke their egos enough to get them motivated to come back with a full 60 minutes of effort yet? Is this team REALLY ready for the playoffs?
Since we are one an online forum, why don't you try to answer the questions....

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
Since we are one an online forum, why don't you try to answer the questions....
Because I know the answers, just seeing what other views might be. Mike Richards is so dreamy in the postgame, the way he answers questions, is just yummy.

Going to my first NHL game tonight, should I wear my Winter Classic Mike Richards sweater or the home orange Jeff Carter signed sweater?

Old
03-25-2011, 03:31 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Is anybody else wondering if there is some kind of animosity between the coach and captain? It seems there are these veiled comments of late.

I know Lavy does have a shelf life but I hope it's not starting already. I don't like how this team has played in the 2nd half..they just seem off with all the inconsistency. Hopefully, it's just typical stuff that all teams go through but the bad habits seems to be refusing to go away with this team and the playoffs just around the corner...

Other contending teams just look like they are operating on more cylinders than the Flyers.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 06:48 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Because I know the answers, just seeing what other views might be. Mike Richards is so dreamy in the postgame, the way he answers questions, is just yummy.

Going to my first NHL game tonight, should I wear my Winter Classic Mike Richards sweater or the home orange Jeff Carter signed sweater?
Care to be nice enough to share this knowledge with all of us? Or is it confidential?

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Dorny12

Seems appropriate to revive this thread now.

1. They played without energy the last month and a half of the season - is it Lavy's always ON game that wore them down?
2. The should have beaten Buffalo 4-1. Besides Briere and JVR where was the complimentary scoring? Again, worn out?
3. The D was sluggish and got caught lagging behind their men on most scoring plays in the playoffs. Out of gas?
4. What happened to all the blocked shots from the 1st half of the season - I think they were at or near the tops in the league. Couldn't get down and up any more?

Dorny12 is offline   Reply With Quote