HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#75 - 03.24.2011 | Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2011, 11:47 AM
nyrleetch

vCash: 500
Avery still scratched? Or does EC take a seat for his disappearing act the past 3 games.

Old
03-24-2011, 11:54 AM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I'm still in awe at some people wanting to trade assets for him thinking he'll be a player that plays to the best of his ability on most nights....
Spezza and Karlsson really have been the only really good players for Ottawa this season and the stats don't tell the whole story. Both now play the PK, Spezza is a faceoff beast and when they are both on its really something to watch. I find it weird how peoples perceptions from 5 years ago don't change when the player has changed. Good luck tonight though, hope you guys win.

Old
03-24-2011, 11:57 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
Spezza and Karlsson really have been the only really good players for Ottawa this season and the stats don't tell the whole story. Both now play the PK, Spezza is a faceoff beast and when they are both on its really something to watch. I find it weird how peoples perceptions from 5 years ago don't change when the player has changed. Good luck tonight though, hope you guys win.
From Ranger fan's perspective, most wouldn't want to send any significant assets to Ottawa for a player with a $7 mil cap hit and is good on most nights and not great.

Old
03-24-2011, 11:59 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Avery still scratched? Or does EC take a seat for his disappearing act the past 3 games.
avery is out...same forward lines. staal back in for gilroy

Old
03-24-2011, 12:05 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
From Ranger fan's perspective, most wouldn't want to send any significant assets to Ottawa for a player with a $7 mil cap hit and is good on most nights and not great.
Thats fair, but I think you would be impressed by his 2 way play this season. He is still overpaid but I really don't have any issues with that.

Old
03-24-2011, 12:10 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Thats fair, but I think you would be impressed by his 2 way play this season. He is still overpaid but I really don't have any issues with that.
I understand what you are saying.... If the cost for his services was only paying his salary and enduring his cap hit, that would be a different story.... But having to trade assets for his services is where it would become an unattractive option from a Ranger fan's perspective....

Old
03-24-2011, 12:13 PM
TheHMan

Quote:
I wouldn't play up his contract like it's the second coming of Scott Gomez's or something like that. You couldn't be more wrong about it.

Spezza has really matured and developed a good two-way game. He's becoming a much more visible leader for the younger kids, and he's leading by example. If you ask me, his play has been the least deserving of criticism as it's ever been for his entire career, and for a guy who has had a ton of **** railed against him, that's saying something.

Old
03-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
We can't afford anymore overpaid players on this current roster. I have no problem with spezza but he is a 1B in most people's eyes and the Rangers need is for a 1A.

Old
03-24-2011, 12:35 PM
DrAStuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
....ummmm....3pts in the last 3 games....6 in the last five...even benched at full strength (along with Gabby and Vinny) against the Pens he got the primary assist on the GWG...so, yeah, Avery is probably still scratched....

Old
03-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAStuart View Post
....ummmm....3pts in the last 3 games....6 in the last five...even benched at full strength (along with Gabby and Vinny) against the Pens he got the primary assist on the GWG...so, yeah, Avery is probably still scratched....
The hate for EC won't stop. I'm an insanely huge Avery fan but right now EC >>>>>>Avery.

Old
03-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Aves will probably step in for WW, eventually. Unless he raises his game...

Old
03-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Apaharn

Hello Rangers fans,

as a fan of the Senators, I come in peace with a proposal that benefits both of our teams in that it solidifies both your standing the playoff race and our standing in our race for the basement.

Please win tonight.

Just let us score one goal (with Lundqvist leading the league in SO, I am sure he can wait for a more meaningful game to get another) and you can have the rest!

Mind you, I was fully expecting compliance for the Devils a few days ago since we had to play them twice over the span of a week or so; however, that ended in utter disappointment (for us) and tears (for them.) It is rather hard finding reliable help today. Having said that, I am confident that your team will deliver tonight.

Old
03-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

^^ Sounds good to me. But i want hank to get the shutout

Old
03-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
to be fair, that's 44 points in 53 games. he was injured a lot of the year.
Ah, forgot about that. Now the world makes sense.

Still a bad year, but not as bad as I thought for a minute there.

Old
03-24-2011, 01:11 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
I understand what you are saying.... If the cost for his services was only paying his salary and enduring his cap hit, that would be a different story.... But having to trade assets for his services is where it would become an unattractive option from a Ranger fan's perspective....
Yep, I really understand your point as well. I'm not saying Rangers fans should want to trade for him, I'm just saying that he actually has improved alot and become closer to being worth his contract. I'm sure he could return to his former stats once he actually gets first line players to play with with much improved defensive play.

Btw, I've been watching Calahan alot more closely lately and man is that guy a beast. His games against the Flyers and Pens have just been awesome, gets high sticked in the face and he is bleeding and comes right back on and scores a goal.

Old
03-24-2011, 02:04 PM
mrudds2911
NYR

Huge two points tonight. Very happy to see Staal back in the lineup. I'll be in section 339 looking to improve my record this season to 5-1-1. Seperating ourselves from the Sabres and canes a little bit more would be great. LGR!

Old
03-24-2011, 02:18 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

2 goals from Step tonight, giving him 21 goals, 21 assists, 42 points with 7 games to play.

Great rookie year.

Old
03-24-2011, 02:28 PM
mullichicken25

leaving work now to catch the train and grab a drink before the game!

lets go rangers!!

Old
03-24-2011, 02:30 PM
surGeon

Senators win 3-2. Gaborik gets concussed.

Old
03-24-2011, 02:34 PM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
to be fair, that's 44 points in 53 games. he was injured a lot of the year.
Thank you for pointing that out, I was getting kind of worried that everyone would ignore that. Especially when Gaborik has 44 points in 54 games.

I don't go to other teams GDT's and I'm not trying to start anything but you guys need to pay a little more attention around the league. Ottawa has been devistated by injuries. No different than any team near the bottom. Anyways hoping for a good exicting game and a rangers win. It's playoff time in fanatasy hockey and I need a win from Henrik.

Old
03-24-2011, 02:42 PM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by surGeon View Post
Senators win 3-2. Gaborik gets concussed.

Old
03-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
My fault, sorry. I knew somewhere in the back of my head he was injured a while this year but it just didn't click.

Old
03-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Sensored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
Ah, forgot about that. Now the world makes sense.

Still a bad year, but not as bad as I thought for a minute there.
Spezza's playing the best hockey of his career right now, I'd be careful just looking at statistics....

Old
03-24-2011, 02:47 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I don't consider Spezza a 1B. He's not the kind of guy who makes a line better, but give him two gifted wingers and he'll set them up sure as ****, IMO.

Even so, no reason to lose tonight.

Old
03-24-2011, 02:50 PM
KenGuru

I think the centers on Rangers can do alot better job in front of the other teams goalies. Many other teams gets alot of scorings from deflections. But Rangers hardly do that. But maybe its not the way Torts like to play or use his tactics.

Boyle, Christensen, Stepan and Anisimov certainly have enough physics to share around. Give and take som beating. No wonder why there are so many goalies playing great against Rangers. They have good vision almost all the time.

Closed Thread