HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fitness Thread #3

Old
03-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Galchenyuk94

vCash: 500
Crisco is shortening.

Makes stuff delicious though.. when me and my bro were kids my mom would fry some sort of bread in that. *drools*

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 11:55 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
macros: Proteins-Carbs-Fat

Crisco: some type of cooking ingredient resembling oil I believe. Never tried it, so not sure.
Ahh thanks. Yeah, Im not getting even close to enough fats so Im thinking of adding 100g of walnuts per day.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2011, 03:51 PM
dfk711*
The real #11

Almonds are my nut of choice, I eat like a handful a day

dfk711* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Anyone know if there's a gym in MTL without a mirror in front of the squat rack? Can't train with a mirror.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty hates Sergei View Post
Anyone know if there's a gym in MTL without a mirror in front of the squat rack? Can't train with a mirror.
Gonna be tough finding a globo gym without mirrors everywhere..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty hates Sergei View Post
there's 1 squat rack at the pro-gym without a mirror

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Galchenyuk94

Just thought I'd give an update on my progress. I hit 172 lbs this week, when I started eating right and exercising in May last year I was 212, so I hit the symbolic 40 lbs of weight loss. Body fat is significantly lower, I have more muscle mass and a lot more strength, now all I need is to get my white ass a tan.

Old
03-18-2011, 02:35 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
Just thought I'd give an update on my progress. I hit 172 lbs this week, when I started eating right and exercising in May last year I was 212, so I hit the symbolic 40 lbs of weight loss. Body fat is significantly lower, I have more muscle mass and a lot more strength, now all I need is to get my white ass a tan.

Looking good Sardo, down from 212 is awesome, keep it going.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2011, 08:23 PM
HotPie

Quote:

Pretty solid progress dude.

Although if I were you I would start trying to bulk and add some lean mass.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Galchenyuk94

Thanks for the good feedback guys. Yeah I'm really trying to shed my bodyfat before I start to bulk. And I don't know when I should start, maybe after another 5 lbs, maybe during next winter.

Old
03-19-2011, 01:33 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Thanks for the good feedback guys. Yeah I'm really trying to shed my bodyfat before I start to bulk. And I don't know when I should start, maybe after another 5 lbs, maybe during next winter.
You should work on getting more muscular mass asap because you actually shed more fat with more mass.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Kriss E

This should be interesting for those that believe running for 45min is the most efficient way to lose fat.

http://www.cbass.com/FATBURN.HTM

Was going through some old stuff and came across that site that I had forgotten about.

Last edited by Kriss E: 03-23-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old
03-23-2011, 09:17 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
This should be interesting for those that believe running for 45min is the most efficient way to lose fat.

http://www.cbass.com/FATBURN.HTM

Was going through some old stuff and came across that site that I had forgotten about.
Like we previously discussed privately, there are a lot of things being brought to mainstream attention as false that used to be considered as absolute truth in weightloss/health/nutrition. Go progress, go.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Like we previously discussed privately, there are a lot of things being brought to mainstream attention as false that used to be considered as absolute truth in weightloss/health/nutrition. Go progress, go.

http://www.cbass.com/EvolutionaryFitness.htm

Old
03-23-2011, 09:52 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
They need to fire their web designer. Yeesh. Thanks for the articles, though. I've never really been into fitness theory because of all the contradictory information spewed out by all the industry's talking heads.

I'm currently trying the high fat+high protein diet we discussed. Bit tough but i'm slowly getting all the carbs out of my diet. Hardest thing has to be quick meals. It's very hard to throw together a filling highfat+highprotein meal in a few minutes. Although salads with as much dressing as you want is pretty awesome .

I noticed that I'm down from 270ish to around 250-255ish. Not sure when or how this weightloss occurred, and to be honest on my frame it doesn't look like much. Even when I was 270 i didn't look nearly as large as you might think. This is also before the diet started.

Any opinions on how many carbs lipton soup might have in it if ALL noodles are removed?

Will keep you guys posted on how well this diet works.

Old
03-24-2011, 01:45 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
They need to fire their web designer. Yeesh. Thanks for the articles, though. I've never really been into fitness theory because of all the contradictory information spewed out by all the industry's talking heads.

I'm currently trying the high fat+high protein diet we discussed. Bit tough but i'm slowly getting all the carbs out of my diet. Hardest thing has to be quick meals. It's very hard to throw together a filling highfat+highprotein meal in a few minutes. Although salads with as much dressing as you want is pretty awesome .

I noticed that I'm down from 270ish to around 250-255ish. Not sure when or how this weightloss occurred, and to be honest on my frame it doesn't look like much. Even when I was 270 i didn't look nearly as large as you might think. This is also before the diet started.

Any opinions on how many carbs lipton soup might have in it if ALL noodles are removed?

Will keep you guys posted on how well this diet works.
Lol...not sure about the Lipton soup. I guess you'll have to make your own soup

You don't need to cut all carbs out, matter of fact you shouldn't. Veggies, greens and fruits fall into the Carb category, you need those as they provide a ton of vitamins and minerals. You can eat some starch too, but limit yourself to eating only after working out. Don't eat any sugar, and as you already do, enjoy your good fats!

You're right, there is a ton of wrongful information being spread online.

Old
03-24-2011, 02:33 AM
JimmyDarmody

My 3 day split has been getting too demanding. Starting a new split tomorrow and upping all my lifts. First time I'm trying something this spread out so we'll see how it goes for a month or so.

Day 1
Chest + Cardio

Day 2
Legs

Day 3
Bi + Tri + Optional Cardio

Day 4.
Shoulders + Optional Abs

Day 5.
Back

Day 6
Abs + Cardio

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 08:40 AM
dfk711*
The real #11

Since starting my "diet" in January I'm down from 192 to 170. I didn't even think I was really that bad but I guess it was worse than I thought. It's not even a diet, I just stopped eating out and started cooking my own food.

dfk711* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 04:05 PM
cedouimet

Hey guys, just a fast little thank you to all.

After reading almost all of the 20+ pages here, i took some little tricks/advice from all of you.

As i mentionned earlier, i was ready to start a little loss weight...no choice really now that i'm about to turn 25yo.....5''11 and 254lbs.

Well it will be the end of the 3rd week (already) and without making much more exercise than before, in fact, i just started walking to go to work....2x30min a day.

Well i'm down to 240 already...14pounds in 3weeks...far from my goal, but there is a start to everything!

So thanx and go on with you discution / advice!
Some readers doesn't post, but it help!

cedouimet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedouimet View Post

Well i'm down to 240 already...14pounds in 3weeks...far from my goal, but there is a start to everything!

So thanx and go on with you discution / advice!
Some readers doesn't post, but it help!
Real good going there! Keep at it, slow and steady. This may sound corny but losing weight is like a marathon and not a sprint. Keep us informed ok?

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 04:14 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Lol...not sure about the Lipton soup. I guess you'll have to make your own soup

You don't need to cut all carbs out, matter of fact you shouldn't. Veggies, greens and fruits fall into the Carb category, you need those as they provide a ton of vitamins and minerals. You can eat some starch too, but limit yourself to eating only after working out. Don't eat any sugar, and as you already do, enjoy your good fats!

You're right, there is a ton of wrongful information being spread online.
Lipton tastes awesome though.

I'm not cutting everything out. Keeping the salads and will try to get some more green vegetables in. The point wasn't to completely knock them out permanently anyway. They say a good method is limiting yourself to 20 (or just as low as you can go) for a while as a means of jump starting the weight loss which in turn motivates the person on the diet to keep it up. You're then supposed to re-integrate carbs into your diet very slowly to see how many you can handle without gaining weight. Some people are more susceptible to carbs than others, so it's always different. Not saying this to you, i know you know a ton of this stuff, but i figure i might as well explain if anyone else is curious.

and only online? The entire weight loss industry has it's head up it's ass. The 'low fat' trend being a prime example.

also, drawback #1 so far on this diet, meat is ****ing expensive.

Old
03-24-2011, 04:16 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

How much does a diet help losing weight? Whenever I've needed to lose weight all I've had to do is start walking every day and eat a little less. How much easier does eating the vegetables and such make it to lose weight?

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Kboum

Hey guys, I havent read the previous page. I've been training for a few years now... I was playing hockey and football so I had no choice.

I've tried different training types and I switch each months.

2 X 12 reps
3 X 10 reps
3 X 8 reps
10-8-8-6
Dropset

But now, I'm started something new and I don't really understand it. Its called german something... well its hard to explain but I had results quickly to gain mass. I don't know if I can use this method for a long time.

Its 10 series of 10 reps on the same exercice. (45secs-1min break) Like tricepts push downs and right after 5 series of 5 reps of another tricepts exercice (10 secs break).
Can someone explain me this training better please.

Same thing for bicepts : 10 X 10 and 4X ... 4X4 dropset exentric (dont know the english word)

Oh and I read a little bit and guys, keep it going. It's not easy but its worth it. Heres a little video to show everyone can do it. (sorry if the vid has been posted on a previous page)

Kboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 04:19 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
How much does a diet help losing weight? Whenever I've needed to lose weight all I've had to do is start walking every day and eat a little less. How much easier does eating the vegetables and such make it to lose weight?
Anybody who works out will tell you that any body-improvement goal like weightloss or muscle building are largely dependent on what you put into your body.

In Gary Taubes' 'Why we get fat', he challenges the notion that physical activity helps with weight loss at all. Not sure how i feel about this, but the book is fantastic.

Old
03-24-2011, 05:57 PM
MetroGnome

Legitimate question: For those of you who take Omega-3 fish oil daily, why do you take it?

Iíve heard it can help reduce the frequency and intensity of migraines, which is something Iíve always suffered from, but lately Iíve been getting them way more often than usual (4-5 days a week). However, Iíve also heard that it can lower blood pressureÖ I used to have low blood pressure and donít want to be borderline again.

----------
On another note, I havenít updated since last summer I think.

One thing I havenít mentioned was that I was underweight as a kid and in my junior high school years; however, I gained a bit of midsection fat once I started university. I didnít have much to lose (my weight has always been constant), but I feel like I trimmed down the excess fat and overall, Iím healthier.

My two biggest changes were:
1. Drinking more water. I used to drink max 2 glasses of water a day, now Iíll refill my bottle many times.
2. I never used to eat fruits and veggies. Now Iíll pack a container full of them and eat it throughout the day as snacks.
Basically things people have always told me, but I had to learn it on my own because Iím stubborn.

MetroGnome is offline   Reply With Quote