HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #75 vs. Ottawa Senators

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #75 vs. Ottawa Senators
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 1.06%
Marian Gaborik 2 2.13%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 63 67.02%
Ryan McDonagh 1 1.06%
Brandon Prust 22 23.40%
Michael Sauer 1 1.06%
Marc Staal 3 3.19%
Other 1 1.06%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-24-2011, 09:48 PM
albator71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Maybe you should read the threads. Sens fans were calling for him to be the best defenseman in the NHL soon, and that is just the start of it.
But it's true, Karlsson will be superstar for years to come deal with it.

albator71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 09:48 PM
AdamGravesNight

Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
The Good: The King/Sauer/Prust/Cally/Dubi

The Bad: E-Christ/Wolski

The Redden: Everyone's shootout attempt

Rangers Leave a Point on the Table

AdamGravesNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 10:00 PM
SoCalFaz

Ludqvist was awesome. I'm tired of the Rangers not showing up for large stretches, this isnt the time of the year to be coasting around.

SoCalFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 10:19 PM
bmw2004

They didn't deserve this point today the way they played. They are very lucky to get one.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 10:21 PM
Fataldogg

POTG: Lundqvist *It's becoming a regular thing*

The Good: Third period come back

The Bad: Completely lethargic first two periods, no energy.

The Redden: Making the shootout too easy on Anderson. Missing 3 out of 5 shots? Really? Major disappointment.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Comely

vCash: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
The Good: 1.Erik Karlson will be another late pick out of left field in my fantasy draft next year.

2. Someone else acknowledging how good a broadcast team Rangers fans have. They're not perfect but try listening to 95% of the rest of the league. I hadda deal with the guys in DC for 3.5 years

The Bad: Rangers playing the background dancers in Michael Jackson's "Thriller" for 2/3s of the game.

The Redden: Garden ice and composite sticks.
This is true, they called for a trip against Karlsson at the beginning of the game when they saw the replay they said it was a good non-call. I have so many broadcasters scream blue murder at the slightest perceived penalty against there team and every call against them is a bad call....

Comely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 10:28 PM
satrabyk

The good- Will most likely see Avery back next game
The bad- Might be at the expense of Zucc who didnt play in the 3rd for some reason. Stall looked off tonight also, yes he made some good pinches but was not sharp at all.
The redden-The shootout attempts

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 10:29 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Micheletti wasn't that bad tonight outside of what he said at the end of the 3rd when we were on the power play. He goes "Sam, if they don't score here it'll carry over into overtime." No **** Joe, we've watched hockey before.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 10:36 PM
dogfox

I dont know why all the hate for wolski. he has played well for a 5 games now . defensively and made smart plays taking hits to make them making moves and creating chances. the fact that some people on here are saying he is playing bad and in the same category as zuuc and christensen is just really weird to say the least. sometimes people think that just because the lack of ice time maybe. which is not always the case. He should be playing with gaborik as he is second highest pure talent we have on the team. and can do way more than both prospal and christenson

dogfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 10:38 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Back so I can right a more coherent post.

The Rangers looked flat tonight, only had 3-4, maybe 5 good scoring chances all game.

However, you can't win them all. 3/4 is a fine week. Anderson had a good game and Hank kept the Rangers in it.

The point won't haunt us because as long as we keep getting points, and we got one tonight, Carolina is not catching us. In fact, a point tonight puts us only 2 behind the Habs and when we pahk our cahs on Boston this loss won't matter.

Hank had a monster game. Everyone else was pretty meh.

edit- Also glad to see people appreciate Sam and Joe. Sam is getting older and has gaffes every once in a while (Ryan Bozak, cough cough) but he brings me on the edge of my seat during heated moments unlike any other PBP guy.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 10:45 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six View Post
Just want pop in and say your broadcast crew is absolutely great. Good insights, no harcore bias (oh god pens ), and are very level headed. Your camera angle is great too, for some reason it felt like i was actually at this game.
I was actually coming here to post the exact same thing.

As strange as it sounds, I find that alot of the non-hockey markets usually have the best broadcast teams. Which is why I was surprised that the Rangers' one was very good.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 10:57 PM
nyrleetch

EC despite his recent hot streak should sit over MZA.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Rangerfans

Well, I think this was a good loss for two reasons.

1 - We earned a point. A point we didn't deserve.

2 - Torts was right - there have been few BAD games where we came out flat. As an athlete, you CANNOT play 100% for 82+ games. Before all the nay-sayers say, "You're being paid to play!" I am talking physiologically, mentally, etc. to maintain that all the time? Its very difficult to do.

With that being said, I think this puts things into perspective. I think they're going to respond very well due to this loss. We have been playing good hockey, and I think we're going to continue. The team looked very disgusted with their energy and their play and It think we will respond accordingly.

I look forward to a great game against Boston.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 11:16 PM
mrhockey193195

Just got back to the game. Not much to say. Rangers played terribly, Hank stole them a point. I thought the only other player who played pretty well was Prospal, he was the only effective forechecker all night.

This game didn't piss me off all that much even though we **** the bed, partly because we've played so well the last 2 or 3 weeks, but also because I think playing terribly like this will wake the team up for the next few games. I fully expect the boys to come out real strong in Boston.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 11:16 PM
PawelW007

I hope with the lack of energy, Avery gets a shot to play on Saturday.

PawelW007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 11:19 PM
mullichicken25

Just got home from the game after a train ride that was entirely too long

The sens are a very bad team that we managed to make look respectable...if they were remotely good this game would have been 3 or 4 to 1

I don't often praise hank but he stole a point for us in this one...our offense was non existent

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 11:22 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
Just got back to the game. Not much to say. Rangers played terribly, Hank stole them a point. I thought the only other player who played pretty well was Prospal, he was the only effective forechecker all night.

This game didn't piss me off all that much even though we **** the bed, partly because we've played so well the last 2 or 3 weeks, but also because I think playing terribly like this will wake the team up for the next few games. I fully expect the boys to come out real strong in Boston.
That's how I feel, really. Right now i'm happy enough with the team to give them slack for coming out flat, and give Hank major props for stealing a big point for them. 2 is what we should've gotten, but even the best teams are upset, and getting a point out of a game we should've got none is a big plus.

Also shows Hank is ready for the playoffs.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 11:24 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
I was actually coming here to post the exact same thing.

As strange as it sounds, I find that alot of the non-hockey markets usually have the best broadcast teams. Which is why I was surprised that the Rangers' one was very good.
Nice of you guys to post this. We get annoyed with Joe sometimes, but compared with the Buffalo/Pittsburgh/most other broadcast teams, we have it pretty good.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Front page is updated as of 12:30 AM EST.

Check out the postgame video and audio, kindly provided by Seth Rothman of Inside Hockey.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 11:50 PM
RidinwitdaKING

Hey we got a point! (SENS Game)....

at least we got a point, now 4 in a row on Road...I think we should sit Hank and then play him the rest of the way until we clinch...Rangers will be in the Playoffs

RidinwitdaKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 11:55 PM
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

Rangers have scored 2 goals total in the last 2 games and still got 3 pts.....I guess we should be thankful for that.

WhatThePuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Manny*

The Good: Listening/watching the MSG feed, Tortorella's expression on the bench, Marian Gaborik and Marc Staal.

The bad: Relatively boring game.

The Redden: The Sens winning.

Oh, and Mats Zuccarello is one guy I'd love to have on my team.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 12:30 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
http://insidehockey.com/?p=22300

www.Twitter.com/RothmanHockey

Quote:
NEW YORK – The Rangers picked an awfully bad time to play one of their only clunkers of the season.

After Thursday night’s 2-1 shootout loss to Ottawa (28-37-9, 65 points, 15th in East), they now have only seven games left – four of them away from the Garden. Thanks to Boston’s 7-0 win over sixth-place Montreal, New York (40-30-5, 85 points, 7th in East) moved to within two points of that sixth seed.

“It’s a huge point. As long as we understand, as we go back to work tomorrow… this team will respond. They haven’t played many bad ones,” said Rangers coach John Tortorella. “They haven’t played without energy many times this year. Tonight, everybody did. We steal a point. I thought we squeezed it in the third period and found a way. I thought we played a little bit better in the third period. Even in the shootout, the shootouts didn’t look right. We take the point, stuff it in your back pocket, and move by this.”
YouTube clips of the post-game interviews are already at the top of this thread -- Thanks, Wraparounds!

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 2550
I was at the game tonight sitting in the 400's. Not a good game, but the crowd was amazing. I still don't understand why they scream "Shoot!". A few of the times they screamed that, no Ranger player even had the puck.

nyr5186

I'm not too bothered by this loss*.

I only saw from the middle of the 2nd period on, but I thought we played a considerable amount better than Ottawa. There were many stretches where we had multiple really good scoring chances in short spurts. Just couldn't find a way to beat Anderson more than once. That'll happen sometimes, even to the best of teams. When it becomes a trend is when I start getting concerned. Lately we've done a much better job at capitalizing on opportunities.

The Bad: The delay of game non-call in the waning minutes of the 3rd. No way was that a deflection.

nyr5186 is offline   Reply With Quote