HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leipolds Brother-in-law in deep doo doo

Old
03-24-2011, 11:20 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Leipolds Brother-in-law in deep doo doo

charged with inappropriate sexual contact with a minor

article notes he has been replaced as head of his company by Helen Johnson-Leipold

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 07:13 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
charged with inappropriate sexual contact with a minor

article notes he has been replaced as head of his company by Helen Johnson-Leipold
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42259390...me_and_courts/

Fixed.

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Fo Shea Shea

OK??? Leipold sold the team several years ago. It's his brother-in-law, not him. Also, his dog has glaucoma and his daughter got an B on her spelling test.

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

And he still sucks.

Brother in law sounds like a piece of work who needs serious help and jail time. I don't hold that against Mr. or Mrs. Leipold. But I do hold the fact that Leipold left us for his trophy team and decimated our team in the process against him.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 01:42 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea View Post
OK??? Leipold sold the team several years ago. It's his brother-in-law, not him. Also, his dog has glaucoma and his daughter got an B on her spelling test.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 02:55 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
um, its called a point of interest. if it doesnt interest you, dont click and move on.

Old
03-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:

Bummin' for the dog

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Fo Shea Shea

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
um, its called a point of interest. if it doesnt interest you, dont click and move on.
Would have been a point of interest 5 years ago when he still owned the team.

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 10:49 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Ugh... here's an idea. Click the threads you'd like to post in, and leave the rest alone... leave the decision of whether or not this is thread worthy to the actual thread police (moderators)

Sounds bad for the guy. 15 to 20 times? And he allegedly admitted to it before apologizing. If he goes to prison for 40 years then oh well I guess. He made his own damn bed on this one...

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Legionnaire11

FWIW, I don't think this topic is worth posting here in the first place. If it was about Liarpold directly, maybe... But again, ignore it if you don't care.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 01:30 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

One day this board will have its own civil war. It'll be the "Does this really deserve its own thread" people against those of us who actually want to know things.

Did I really need to post this reply? No. But I sure feel better now.

Old
03-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Here's an idea...

If you don't like the thread, don't post in it and keep bumping it to the top! The way the system is designed, if there is no one talking in a thread...it settles down to the bottom of the page and eventually off the first page of threads. By posting that you don't think the thread is worthy, you simply keep it active...

Additionally, if you don't want to read the thread...you don't even have to look at it. Hit the little box with the "x" in it next to the thread name and it'll put it on your "ignore list" and you won't see it again...

Personally, I've had a big "meh" reaction to the thread, but as everyone keeps posting in it...I've gotta keep reading it!

If you'd like to discuss the topic of the thread, please feel free to do so...otherwise let nature take it's course and allow the thread to die quietly.

Thanks!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 03:08 PM
OpenWheel

In! In case this becomes an epic thread.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 03:21 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
In! In case this becomes an epic thread.
I'm hoping it will be. I haven't even told the story about how in college I spent 8 weeks writing a research paper on crimes similar to what this guy is accused of doing and every day of those 8 weeks my professor would somehow work my Predators hat into the class discussion. "Well, Mr. John is obviously a Predator. Maybe he can give us some insight into their way of thinking."

Old
03-28-2011, 03:23 PM
MarkMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
I'm hoping it will be. I haven't even told the story about how in college I spent 8 weeks writing a research paper on crimes similar to what this guy is accused of doing and every day of those 8 weeks my professor would somehow work my Predators hat into the class discussion. "Well, Mr. John is obviously a Predator. Maybe he can give us some insight into their way of thinking."

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I'm not on the "Leipold sucks" bandwagon. I don't know if people realize how easy it would've been for him to just sell out and not care who had ownership of this team a few years back, meaning it would be very likely we wouldn't have the Preds now. He remained dedicated to keeping the owners local, and now he's a non issue. If he truly did suck, this board might not exist.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 04:04 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'm not on the "Leipold sucks" bandwagon. I don't know if people realize how easy it would've been for him to just sell out and not care who had ownership of this team a few years back, meaning it would be very likely we wouldn't have the Preds now. He remained dedicated to keeping the owners local, and now he's a non issue. If he truly did suck, this board might not exist.
I used to think this until it became clear that the NHL wasnt going to approve Balsillie and then it was just Craig scrambling to get out as quickly as possible. he didnt care who he sold to as long as the deal could be done quickly so he could buy the Wild. Since the locals were sure to get approved and anyone else would have a long vetting process, he went with the locals... it wasnt out of any loyalty to nashville, it was just the quickest way to unload us so he could buy the Wild before someone else did.

Old
03-28-2011, 07:10 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Agreed. Sure Leipold brought hockey here, and sure he sold the team to locals. But as volde said, it's obvious Balls wouldn't be approved after his Hamilton Predators season tickets stunt. It's also painfully obvious the guy was just looking for the quickest way out. After all, he did loan Boots what? $10mil? No questions asked seemingly...

Anyway, I don't hate the guy. I just think he's a ****** businessman out trying to spend his wife's money on toys so he can feel important. Doesn't bother me anymore, but I still won't be praising him any time soon.

Old
03-28-2011, 08:51 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

As this isn't about Leipold himself let's keep it on topic.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 09:35 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Well as the thread starter I can tell you I intended for this thread to generate some Leipold talk, so as far as I'm concerned, its all good.

Old
03-29-2011, 10:31 AM
jstreet

Ah, Preds fans eating their own, never gets old.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 08:03 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Ugh... here's an idea. Click the threads you'd like to post in, and leave the rest alone... leave the decision of whether or not this is thread worthy to the actual thread police (moderators)

Sounds bad for the guy. 15 to 20 times? And he allegedly admitted to it before apologizing. If he goes to prison for 40 years then oh well I guess. He made his own damn bed on this one...
Since he is 55 now, my guess is he won't serve out such a sentence. I will also guess that he hires a good lawyer or team of lawyers and gets a sentence in the single digits plus probation until the sun goes out. Unless even more sordid items come to light.

How much justice can a billionaire afford?

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2011, 08:57 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Since he is 55 now, my guess is he won't serve out such a sentence. I will also guess that he hires a good lawyer or team of lawyers and gets a sentence in the single digits plus probation until the sun goes out. Unless even more sordid items come to light.

How much justice can a billionaire afford?
I wasn't saying he would get a 40 year sentence. I'm not even sure what the state maximum sentences are. I'm just saying I have no sympathy for the guy if it's all true.