HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Chance

Old
03-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Legionnaire11

vCash: 500
This is the most frustrating thing about being a Preds fan, the inconsistency. Just a few weeks ago they looked completely dead, no urgency, no ability to put the puck in the net, no hope of making the playoffs. Now they're starting to play like the 4th place team again... with just an extra win or two during that down stretch we would have avoided having to claw back into 8th again. If Trotz can ever get the team to be just a tiny bit more consistent then great things could happen.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2011, 11:53 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
.500 from here on out is 92 points which I would estimate has a 0.0% chance of making the playoffs.

95 should get us 8th(12-9-1), to get all the way up to 4th we probably need about 104(17-5-0)
well these numbers sure look better one month later...

we have gone 10-5-0 since this post.

.500 from here on out now gives us about a 92% chance of making the playoffs.

5-2-0 has about a 22% chance iof finishing 4th and having home ice in round 1

6-1-0 gives us about a 12% shot at winning the division...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 12:23 AM
OpenWheel

We're really in 7th, looking at games in hand, (Kings winning right now would tie them with us with a game in hand if they hang on to win) with only about a point over the 8th and 9th. But I guess our chances go up since some of those teams play each other.

Huge game against Dallas coming up!

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 12:34 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
well these numbers sure look better one month later...

we have gone 10-5-0 since this post.

.500 from here on out now gives us about a 92% chance of making the playoffs.

5-2-0 has about a 22% chance iof finishing 4th and having home ice in round 1

6-1-0 gives us about a 12% shot at winning the division...
means we are all blackhawks fans. they play 3 times here. if all falls in our favor, next saturday could be a very very very important game

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 01:41 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
means we are all blackhawks fans. they play 3 times here. if all falls in our favor, next saturday could be a very very very important game
Why would we root for the Blackhawks? It's nearly impossible to catch Detroit, but we can beat out Chicago. Maybe I'll root for them against the Ducks this Saturday but after that, they can lose 'em all... I suppose if they do beat the Ducks and we beat the Stars, there is a bit more chance I'll later be a Blackhawk fan. But I'd sure rather be securely in before pulling for a team we are still very close with to beat the Wings. And we aren't securely in.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 09:45 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Why would we root for the Blackhawks? It's nearly impossible to catch Detroit, but we can beat out Chicago. Maybe I'll root for them against the Ducks this Saturday but after that, they can lose 'em all... I suppose if they do beat the Ducks and we beat the Stars, there is a bit more chance I'll later be a Blackhawk fan. But I'd sure rather be securely in before pulling for a team we are still very close with to beat the Wings. And we aren't securely in.
because while very unlikely, we could sneak into the division race. It hinges on our next two games too. pull 3 out of four points we are sitting at 93 going into colorado Thursday. I expect, as everyone should, for this team to not let up and beat colorado, putting us at 95 going into Saturday's game. Detroit has Toronto (playng good hockey right now) STL and Chicago. Hope for the Leafs to win in Ot, they will beat the blues, and the hope the hawks win too and you can see Detroit having 98 points going into next Saturday. You can't tell me our building won't be rocking and our guys will come out amped up with the possibility of a win in regulation putting us 1 point behind them with ATL, Columbus, and STL to play and them with games vs Minnesota, at Carolina, and a home and Home with Chicago.

all hinges on us taking 3 out of four points these next two games.

Make sense now? like I said, not likely, but it gives something to hope for.

Old
03-25-2011, 10:11 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
because while very unlikely, we could sneak into the division race. It hinges on our next two games too. pull 3 out of four points we are sitting at 93 going into colorado Thursday. I expect, as everyone should, for this team to not let up and beat colorado, putting us at 95 going into Saturday's game. Detroit has Toronto (playng good hockey right now) STL and Chicago. Hope for the Leafs to win in Ot, they will beat the blues, and the hope the hawks win too and you can see Detroit having 98 points going into next Saturday. You can't tell me our building won't be rocking and our guys will come out amped up with the possibility of a win in regulation putting us 1 point behind them with ATL, Columbus, and STL to play and them with games vs Minnesota, at Carolina, and a home and Home with Chicago.

all hinges on us taking 3 out of four points these next two games.

Make sense now? like I said, not likely, but it gives something to hope for.
And I'll be honest, I love the thought process in this. It changes the mindset of hey, we're happy to make the playoffs versus, let's go for the division. We shouldn't be content to just get in, we want to position ourselves to give us the best chance to win in the playoffs.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 10:50 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
And I'll be honest, I love the thought process in this. It changes the mindset of hey, we're happy to make the playoffs versus, let's go for the division. We shouldn't be content to just get in, we want to position ourselves to give us the best chance to win in the playoffs.
I just hope captain weber and coach trotz has the guys on the same mental wavelength as me...

Old
03-25-2011, 04:38 PM
cocacola

we will win the cup hahahaha !

cocacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 04:40 AM
TediT

I've been drinking the Predator's Kool-Aide since game one all those years ago, and don't intend to stop now. GO PREDS... gonna be in town to watch you beat Dallas 3/26. I don't care how we do it, just DO IT!!! Hey, Brian, sneak off to some corner and do a virtual TPCR for us?

TediT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Firestorm

Pedarat5 posted this on the NP forum:

In the playoffs they are
7-8 @ home
1-12 on the road
0-3 in OT
0-5 in deciding games
0-8 after game 4
for a grand total of an 8-20 playoff record.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 12:00 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
sooooo....

after today even if we win out we only have a 1% chance at the 3 seed... but if we lose out we still have a 77% chance of making the playoffs

one more point all but guarantees the playoffs, 4 points makes it almost certain we dont draw vancouver, and winning out almost certainly puts us in the 4/5 matchup

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:38 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

for the hope people, we are five back in the division, meaning we have to win out and detroit loses out---minn, @carolina, chi, chi

i can see them going 1-3 only to make yesterday hurt a wee bit more

Old
04-03-2011, 10:49 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

If Dallas loses today,our magic number becomes 1.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote