HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Ducks @ Preds - "Excitable Boy"

Old
03-25-2011, 12:11 AM
PhoneGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
still...a lot better to be mad after a win...

I imagine if we had screwed around and lost Trotz would have had a seizure...
He wouldn't have been the only one.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 02:23 AM
predfan24

Gotta agree this was the least sastifying win in along time. After we got up 3-0 we were super sloppy the rest of the game. Suter hopefully got his one bull crap game out of the way the rest of the year.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Jesus Teemu

Hopefully we can meet in the playoffs. I definitely think the Preds will knock somebody out this year. Rinne is unbelievable. Clear cut Vezina winner.

Good game... wish you luck the rest of the way.

Jesus Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 03:26 AM
SK74 Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksforcup View Post
Good game guys...you guys have a great team there. Sure your team will end up in the show...hopefully with my Ducks as well.

On a lighter note, that 4th Duck goal was pretty hilarious. Suter is a great player, but he had a rough game tonight.

Too bad Rinne didn't
It's crazy how nice people that aren't from like a die hard original 6 team are. It's refreshing

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 03:31 AM
SK74 Snipes

I feel like if other teams fans watched like a few of our games they would go, holy **** Rinne is the best goaltender I've seen.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
So what can you really say? We got our two points. We didn't give Anaheim any points. Five wins in a row. We're second in the division. Five points out of second in the conference. We're playing good offense. Rinne is playing extremely well. So why doesn't this feel like such a great win?

We did convert on our chances. I can't complain about our offense. SK looks like he's starting a new streak here. Erat and Legwand are still playing extremely good hockey, and Ward is complementing that line beautifully.

Rinne is playing the best hockey of his career right now. He's playing better now than he's played this entire season, which is crazy to say. Tonight he let in four goals on 38 shots, but he really deserved to have had only two goals against tonight. Outstanding play from probably the best goaltender in the league. Yeah I said it. Honestly the way the game went for Rinne is probably the reason it doesn't feel like a typical win

SOB has to stop taking dumb penalties. He simply has to. The officiating was brutal tonight, but it doesn't matter. SOB has got to start playing more disciplined hockey. I'm glad he only got a one year deal. I loved his play at the beginning of the season, but my opinion has changed since the break.

There were some moments (second half of the first period) where we looked awful, but for the most part we played a solid game.

The bottom line, good or bad, is that we have found a way to crawl out of a hole that some poor play last month put us in. All of tonight's follies are erased if we win the next one
Wings have a game in hand though.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 08:02 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

It sucks that the score ended up so close, but honestly, we played a hell of a game, with 3 of the ducks goals being somewhat unusual circumstances (two 5 on 3s and Suter's Pele into our net).

I actually felt like we did a pretty solid job, for the most part, of controlling the Ducks' big lines, 5 on 5.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
It sucks that the score ended up so close, but honestly, we played a hell of a game, with 3 of the ducks goals being somewhat unusual circumstances (two 5 on 3s and Suter's Pele into our net).

I actually felt like we did a pretty solid job, for the most part, of controlling the Ducks' big lines, 5 on 5.
Plus imagine if Geofferion's chance went into the net.

Old
03-25-2011, 09:12 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
Plus imagine if Geofferion's chance went into the net.
There were several of those moments.

Speaking of Bam Bam, did he even have a shift in the third? Did Wilson? It certainly didn't seem like it

Old
03-25-2011, 09:24 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
There were several of those moments.

Speaking of Bam Bam, did he even have a shift in the third? Did Wilson? It certainly didn't seem like it
didn't see them much, but with 5 penalties to kill in the third, it's quite understandable

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 09:49 AM
token grinder

can you imagine the these boards right now if Klein had hacky sacked the puck into the net instead of Suter. Or if Franson did it?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 09:59 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
can you imagine the these boards right now if Klein had hacky sacked the puck into the net instead of Suter. Or if Franson did it?
That's just silly - Co*y doesn't have the coordination to kick a puck like that!

Guy across the aisle from me thinks KK is the devil himself - he b!itches about his play the moment he sits down. I take great pleasure in shouting "good play Kevin" as often as possible.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 10:21 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
That's just silly - Co*y doesn't have the coordination to kick a puck like that!

Guy across the aisle from me thinks KK is the devil himself - he b!itches about his play the moment he sits down. I take great pleasure in shouting "good play Kevin" as often as possible.
The group behind me spend half their time on Klein, half their time on Legwand. If either does something good, they'll find any way to spin it negatively or chalk it up to "luck."

Old
03-25-2011, 10:27 AM
roseyc

When the score was 5-1 the Preds and the refs must have thought the game was over because after that they played like and reffed like it was pickup game. I think the aliens must have mind kidnapped Suter because he alone allowed 3 goals. The game shouldn't have been that close at the end. Legwand all of sudden became ashamed of his empty net goals and tried not to score. Which allowed the game to be that close at the end. But if you take away an awful Hiller which allowed us a big lead which helped out. But nonetheless it was a huge victory and hopefully we can continue our streak. We are greatly taking advantage of the schedule of the home games and that is what your supposed to do. Rinne should win the Vezina if he doesn't then it will be tragedy. I have to give credit to Trotz for putting Ward with Leggy and Erat they are hot. I like the lines right now. He just needs to give the 4th line more minutes. We have 7 games leftand 5 more at home and we are in 6th. I hope we can get 4th so that we can have home ice advantage in the playoffs in the first round. I hope we get a rematch with Chicago we own them a payback. We have to keep winning

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I hope we get a rematch with Chicago we own them a payback
Be careful of wishful thinking...

Old
03-25-2011, 11:38 AM
PhoneGuy

The story about Sute's flukey kicking goal has made it to Yahoo sports as well. A reader posted this comment:

"What's the procedure if someone completes an own-goal hat trick? By the laws of the Bizzaro universe, I would imagine all the players would throw their helmets into the stands."

Gotta admit, the mental image of all the players throwing their helmets into the stands made me chuckle...

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 01:34 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
When the score was 5-1 the Preds and the refs must have thought the game was over because after that they played like and reffed like it was pickup game. I think the aliens must have mind kidnapped Suter because he alone allowed 3 goals. The game shouldn't have been that close at the end. Legwand all of sudden became ashamed of his empty net goals and tried not to score. Which allowed the game to be that close at the end. But if you take away an awful Hiller which allowed us a big lead which helped out. But nonetheless it was a huge victory and hopefully we can continue our streak. We are greatly taking advantage of the schedule of the home games and that is what your supposed to do. Rinne should win the Vezina if he doesn't then it will be tragedy. I have to give credit to Trotz for putting Ward with Leggy and Erat they are hot. I like the lines right now. He just needs to give the 4th line more minutes. We have 7 games leftand 5 more at home and we are in 6th. I hope we can get 4th so that we can have home ice advantage in the playoffs in the first round. I hope we get a rematch with Chicago we own them a payback. We have to keep winning
The officiating was definitely terrible. A bunch of blatant calls went ignored. The fact that our team barely overcame both our own mishaps and questionable officiating is refreshing.

Suter definitely had a bad game, but it happens sometimes. 9 times out of 10 the plays he made don't end up in his own net. It just works that way sometimes (btw... why is it an autogoal is counted with a distinct kicking motion but not a standard goal? )

I'm not sure how Legwand is to blame for the game getting too close. The guys were all trying to get SK his hat trick. They had a sizable lead, and he just needed that third goal. It's understandable, but it still almost bit us. Legwand is hardly at fault for the game being so close at the end. Some mishaps, some bad penalties, and then the lack of greed when the net was empty all contributed to the final score.

As for the fourth line needing more minutes, I think you'd see then playing more than 5 or 6 minutes if it weren't the stretch to the play offs. We simply need to have the guys we can trust out on the ice as much as possible. I know Geoffrion has earned the trust of a lot of fans for some high output over a couple of games, but he still has a lot to learn before he earns more ice time.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 01:35 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Oh come on, of course Franson has the coordination to kick that puck, every time.

But he lacks foot speed, so it would have fallen short. *rimshot*

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 03:15 PM
jlsg

Refs did make a couple of questionable calls, but wen you go up by 3 or 4 goals at this point in the season players are going to back off a little. Nobody wants to get hurt. Once we hit 3 goal lead the team backed off. No saying it was a good idea, but it's going to happen.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 03:31 PM
predfan98

here is espn's top 10 worst plays.......suter is #2, and kronwall shoveling eaves off the ice is #1http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6257344

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 03:37 PM
cocacola

It was good game... very stressful near the end.

GO PREDS GO !!!!!!

cocacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 03:44 PM
OpenWheel

That's hilarious how ESPN labels the rundown the "Not Top Plays".

Not on this clip but earlier today when they did this same rundown, with the Suter hacky sack play, the announcer shows his 'hockey knowledge' by saying "our producer tells me he's actually a good player" and the lady says "they all are". Sigh...

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 08:08 PM
irisheyes555

as for suter a.k.a pele....

everyone has a bad day at work....everyone....well maybe not hugh hefner, but everyone else.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 10:44 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

soooooo... we going to have a GDT or not?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote