HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Lose In Boston.....

Old
03-25-2011, 10:15 AM
thewall

vCash: 500
Recchi sould talked about his teamate Marc Savard about Embalishement!!!! Even Colin Campbell wrote emails talking about how he loves to dives and fake injuries!!!!!!

On a more serious note Recchi sure isn't getting smarter has his getting older!

thewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Rickkins

All I can say is, way to keep us in the game, Carey.

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
Sorry Swimmer I should of explained that comment a little more. The questions Chara didn't feel like answering were the ones on how has he tried to contact Max. That is no ones business but Chara's and Max's. He's answered all other questions.

It's easy for you and I to guess at the injuries. My wife is a nurse and she explained to me just how close Max came to being killed or on life support; I won't lie to you, it scared the hell out of me.

But you and I are not Dr's, well you could very well be. But how often do "severe concussions" get diagnosed so quickly after an incident like that.

As for your last comment about his career. Well your own coach has said that Max could be cleared for contact in something like two weeks.
Cleared for a full contact practice. Seriously this is the thing, no one can say anything because as I said previously.. if during practice he gets any symptoms.. What does everyone say then? There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between going to see a movie and getting checked in the boards during hockey..

Lets wait to see what happens with him in practice before we start calling shenanigans

Quote:
Gary I can only hope that every test possible is run on Max before he even steps on the ice.

I don't think Recchi will ever take back what he said though and you are fully allowed to have your opinion and I totally respect it.
Same here.. but I still think, what happens in practice or a game is what matters.

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze*: 03-25-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 10:19 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
The comments came the day before the game and in doing so the media left Chara alone so to speak and went after Recchi for making his comments.

They talked to Mike C about Recchi's comments also, not about Chara and the hit.

Do you see what I mean. It took on an entire new life with him making the comments.
Before the game, the Bruins players were last exposed to the media on Wednesday afternoon. They did not have a pre-game skate or media access as they usually would before yesterday's game. Recchi's comments came after Chara had already seen the media on Wednesday afternoon. If it was some elaborate ploy, why do it after the Bruins team had its final exposure to the media before the game?

I listened to every media scrum involving a Habs player and watched every second of pre-game coverage I could yesterday and the Recchi comments were treated as a footnote everywhere but on this forum. Montreal players answered many more questions about "retribution" and "Chara" than they did about Recchi.

Playing this off as some kind of master stroke of strategy by Recchi is hilarious.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Coach C

Quote:
2. Perfect time for Julien to call a timeout. First time the fan base on the board was happy with it also... Montreal was starting to carry the play and the Bruins players were starting to sit back a little to much.
I believe the Bruins had just iced the puck twice and the guys were winded. Clode called the timeout to give them a chance to recover, so they weren't vulnerable. Montreal scores there, might have been a different game.

Coach C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 10:32 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Cleared for a full contact practice. Seriously this is the thing, no one can say anything because as I said previously.. if during practice he gets any symptoms.. What does everyone say then? There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between going to see a movie and getting checked in the boards during hockey..

Lets wait to see what happens with him in practice before we start calling shenanigans
Especially considering that the last time Pacioretty tweeted anything significant, it was a comment about sleeping all day. What does it matter though? It's not like all information of relevance is getting considered in the misdiagnosed or embellished theory.

In Bruins-land, a short phone call to a journalist becomes a media conference held in his hospital room. Saying he recently saw Hall Pass becomes going out the theatre (as if there's no way to see a recent movie without going to the theatre). There's very little regard for the whole story, just the threads that best fit the black and gold narrative.

Old
03-25-2011, 11:07 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
I was really hoping it wouldn't go to this but I guess I was expecting to much.

Kypreos and MacLean were questioning it the other day on national tv and they don't play, cheer for or post on the Bruins board.
I just had to get a rant off my chest because I'm so tired of seeing things being covered so lazily. I saw the Sportsnet talk on the issue and they made a lot of the assumptions that have been cycling around which were based mainly on Pacioretty's twitter activity. Way off topic, but Sportsnet has a long history of sloppy hockey journalism and this didn't surprise me at all.

In the end, I would like to see people hold their misdiagnosis/embellishment theories until Pacioretty is cleared to play. Crosby was deemed day-to-day after the Hedman hit and we know how that's playing out. Martin saying that Pacioretty "could" be ready for contact in a few weeks does nothing to ensure he will be. Too many people are conflating the initial diagnosis of the concussion, with the more problematic and confusing topic of post-concussion symptoms. The two don't necessesarily correlate perfectly. Using a couple tweets as proof in this argument is irresponsible reporting in my opinion (which is forgivable in fans, but inexcusable in the media).

PS. It's cool to hear when people have ties to the Valley on here. It's a small world.

Last edited by LyleOdelein: 03-25-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old
03-25-2011, 11:13 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Instead of bashing Recchi for his off ice comments, people should focus their anger at this team. Recchi and his team showed up and schooled our boys.

As a parent, I teach my kids that there are always going to be stupid people in the world but you don't need to stoop to their level. Who cares what they say about us, words don't hurt us. Let them accuse us all they want, we need to focus on hockey.

We did that on March 8th and we won. Before this game, Cammy, Mara etc... were all talking about Recchi, guess what, we didn't play our game plan, we came out and tried to execute their game plan and we lost horribly as a result.

Let the Bruins fans be, there is no need to get into a arguement with them, your not going to convince them, so why waste your energy? Instead just welcome them here and kill them with kindness. I find it hilarious when people are trying to trash me and I just agree with them and be nice back to them, in reality, your making fun of them without them even realizing it and its even funnier.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 03-25-2011 at 11:34 AM.
macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 11:22 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
I do believe your correct, but Montreal had been carrying the play and the two icing calls were just the last straw so to speak.
I agree, that was a great timeout call by Julien. Giving up a 3-1 goal in that situation would have made the outcome much different. Minimizing that risk was a very solid decision and fine management of the game, IMO.

The B's coaching staff actually made some very astute decisions with regards to preparing for last night's game. Martin will have to address those if the teams meet again. I was quite impressed by the plan that the Bruins came up with, specifically on how they gained the zone. The Habs weren't engaged enough to adapt within the game yesterday, so it looked absolutely brillant.

Old
03-25-2011, 11:35 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
If the Habs get punked out tomorrow night.... I wont even know what too say

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 11:41 AM
GoodKiwi

Not feeling any better the next day. Still embarrassed.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 11:47 AM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
when you think about it , Lucic was a pretty decent prospect when we drafted Maxwell and we really should have drafted him.I know it's easy to say after , but Maxwell didnt had any real high ceiling , and Lucic , even if you take out his offensive production , was way more likely to end up in the NHL on a 4th or 3rd line as a decent physical player.He turned out better , but it's painful as it's ONE pick difference.
Reminds me of when we picked Jason Ward 11th overall in 97. The player that was picked behind him turned out to be a respectable hockey player, a person by the name of Marian Hossa.

As people always say, 29 other teams missed the boat on Lucic. When he was playing for the Giants, I knew he would be good NHLer simply because of the way he played. He always showed a willingness to go to the net and was always willing to play aggresively.

I firmly believe that winning in this league requires a combination of size and skill, which the Habs lack hence the reason why we are a battered bunch by the end of the year. It is no coincidence that the skilled Hab teams of the 60s and 70s had players who could mx it up, Ferguson and Riseborough for example. Unless we start to add players who are bigger and SKILLED, we will see inconsistent efforts.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 11:52 AM
HabsNation514

Not Ready to Panic Yet

Yes, it was the biggest game of the season. Yes, the Habs just gave away the division. Yes, it was a pitiful effort from start to finish. Completely and totally inexcusable, from coaching to players. I blame Price. I blame Subban . I blame everyone.

But it was only one game. How the Habs respond to this disaster will be a bigger test. The fact that they've played respectable hockey since losing Pacioretty shows that this team can regroup and get it together. They had some terrific bounce-back games in the playoffs last year. Some amazing wins this year. They are professionals. Even Philly, Vancouver, and Detroit played some stinkers this year.

This would be an entirely different conversation if the Habs were fighting just to make the playoffs. Fortunately, the real season has not even started yet.

Last edited by HabsNation514: 03-25-2011 at 12:01 PM.
HabsNation514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
Reminds me of when we picked Jason Ward 11th overall in 97. The player that was picked behind him turned out to be a respectable hockey player, a person by the name of Marian Hossa.

As people always say, 29 other teams missed the boat on Lucic. When he was playing for the Giants, I knew he would be good NHLer simply because of the way he played. He always showed a willingness to go to the net and was always willing to play aggresively.

I firmly believe that winning in this league requires a combination of size and skill, which the Habs lack hence the reason why we are a battered bunch by the end of the year. It is no coincidence that the skilled Hab teams of the 60s and 70s had players who could mx it up, Ferguson and Riseborough for example. Unless we start to add players who are bigger and SKILLED, we will see inconsistent efforts.
It's like Subban, lots of teams would love him and missed the boat. For sure it's easy to look at the mistakes now, even Boston took him with their 3rd pick that year, 2nd round but after Kessel 1st and Alexandrov 2nd(37th) Lucic 2nd (50) . Timmins has done well in the last couple of years so it's kinda hard to blame him

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 11:59 AM
shadowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Not feeling any better the next day. Still embarrassed.

Me too . Im still embarrassed. U could have put 20 habs fans on the ice and they would have done better than the habs players did against boston.

shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 12:14 PM
shadowman

The real question with the whole recchi's controversy is what the hell was he doing looking at max pac tweets? Are they now stalking him? Max was talking to his friends (i think) so that mean boston look at his tweets, but they also look at his friends tweets to see the full conversations. Thats is borderline crazy in itself. What i find crazy is the fact that none of the habs players said this in the media. Boston would have looked like fools if someone in the habs pointed it out. Danm, we need a few punks that can talk back with the habs. Thats when i wish we had a chris pronger type crazy personality with the team.

shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
Me too . Im still embarrassed. U could have put 20 habs fans on the ice and they would have done better than the habs players did against boston.

I'm sooooo sureeeeee of that.

Old
03-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
If those 20 fans have my physique and hockey experience the entire team would've ended up in the hospital if Chara or Lucic so much as farted.

But I understand the way you feel

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Gary320

Quote:
The real question with the whole recchi's controversy is what the hell was he doing looking at max pac tweets? Are they now stalking him? Max was talking to his friends (i think) so that mean boston look at his tweets, but they also look at his friends tweets to see the full conversations. Thats is borderline crazy in itself. What i find crazy is the fact that none of the habs players said this in the media. Boston would have looked like fools if someone in the habs pointed it out. Danm, we need a few punks that can talk back with the habs. Thats when i wish we had a chris pronger type crazy personality with the team.
Word travels around buddy. This isn't any "stalking" thing.. it wasn't a conversation anyway... His tweet was visible for EVERYONE to see, since it was directed at everyone.

MaxPacioretty67 Max Pacioretty
Just saw HallPass.. very funny!

Old
03-25-2011, 12:21 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
It's like Subban, lots of teams would love him and missed the boat. For sure it's easy to look at the mistakes now, even Boston took him with their 3rd pick that year, 2nd round but after Kessel 1st and Alexandrov 2nd(37th) Lucic 2nd (50) . Timmins has done well in the last couple of years so it's kinda hard to blame him
I think Timmins has done well in picking players who can make the NHL but, aside from Subban and Price, has not picked up any impact players who can score, hence the reason why we had to do the rebuild with UFAs a couple of seasons ago. Indeed, who is the last 30+ goal scorer we drafted? The answer is John LeClair in 1987! (Mikhail Grabovski is closing in on 30 this year). Who are the last players to score 90+ points for us? Turgeon and Damphousse in 96. the last 100+ point player we have seen play for the Habs was Mats Naslund in 86, a time when Ronald Regan was talking about the "evil empire" and "You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi was tearing up the charts! A quarter century is o so long to be waiting for a player like this to anchor your team.

Last night's loss, and our inconsistency this year, is attributable to the generally poor drafting record and especially poor player development over the last few years (Kostitsyn, D'Agostini, Riberio, Latandresse and Grabovski seem to be flurishing in other enviornments). We are an organization that will continue to produce mediocre results on the ice if certain structural and personnel issues are not rectified.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Habs 1909

How do you guys feel the day after?

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote