Notices

New England Patriots/NFL Official 2010 Thread : Part 3

Old
03-22-2011, 12:26 AM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

vCash: 500
CAM'S 2011 PATRIOTS DRAFT

First Round - #17 - Mike Pouncey - OG - Florida - Neal's retirement leaves a hole on the line at guard. Belichick loves his Gators, and word on the street is Mike is as talented, ON and OFF the field as his brother Maurkice. Resign Mankins and Light and throw out a line of Light/Mankins/Koppen/Pouncey/Vollmer - unstoppable.

First Round - #28 - Brooks Reed - OLB/DE - Arizona - Pass-rusher compared to Clay Matthews, performed admirably at the combine, with the fastest 10-yd split of any d-lineman (0.05 seconds off of Clay's Combine time). Versatile - can play LB or end. Perfect pick.

Second Round - #33 - Jonathan Baldwin - WR - Pitt - Talented, freakishly big (6'5' / 225 lbs) with terrific hands and is a physical red-zone threat draws comparisons to Brandon Marshall at the WR position. Poor combine hurt his first round draft stock, but Bill scoops him up with the 2nd rounder acquired from Carolina.

Second Round - #60 - Ryan Williams - RB - Virginia Tech - Pats held a private workout with Williams, who is a tough, between the tackles runner. Shows great burst, is a good receiver and is also adequete in pass protection. Solid all-around back. Injury concerns - was one of the best backs in the country WHEN healthy.

Third Round - #74 - Johnny Patrick - CB - Louisville - Pick from the Moss trade - More depth at corner, with inconsistent play from Butler and injury concerns on Bodden. Pats had Patrick in for a private workout.

Third Round - #92 - Clint Boling - OG - Georgia - More depth on the offensive line.

Fourth Round - #124 - Pernell McPhee - DE - Miss. St. - More pass-rush.

Fifth Round - #156 - Marcus Gilbert - OT - Florida - Yes another pick on the O-line. Also another Florida Gator.

Sixth Round - #188 - Tyrod Taylor - QB/WR - Virginia Tech - Mobile, athletic quarterback who can turn out to be an interesting developmental project at either the QB or WR position. Has a solid arm but will need to be coached up in order to succeed there the next level.

CamDegs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Shaun

This was on the Patriots website.
http://www.patriots.com/news/index.c...055&pcid=41&cp

Interesting....

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Patrice37

Send a message via AIM to Patrice37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
This was on the Patriots website.
http://www.patriots.com/news/index.c...055&pcid=41&cp

Interesting....
Moss over Ocho everyday and twice on sunday.

Can't stand chad.

ALTHOUGH,

BB and Chad do have a love affair with each other and something tells me BB will not go down the Moss road again especially with all the media bat****.

I want: Moss
Pats go with: Ocho (if they even go with either of them, wich i don't think they will)

Patrice37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Moss and it isn't even close.

Ocho is a very good, nearly great receiver, but Moss is a generational talent and sure fire HoFer. He knows the system, and I'm confident he's been humbled enough by the experience of last year to take a smaller role and cooperate. Ocho and humble have never been used in the same sentence, he's all about himself. Randy has a deep seated drive to win, which has led to a lot of the misunderstandings and teammate issues in the past, when he acts out, it's because he's competitive and wants to win. When Ochocinco acts out, it's to draw attention to himself and make money.

There's a major difference between these guys, the debate shouldn't even be close as to who we should sign(if we even do sign one).

Arthur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

I still think we need a pass rusher with OAK's pick.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 06:25 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
Moss and it isn't even close.

Ocho is a very good, nearly great receiver, but Moss is a generational talent and sure fire HoFer. He knows the system, and I'm confident he's been humbled enough by the experience of last year to take a smaller role and cooperate. Ocho and humble have never been used in the same sentence, he's all about himself. Randy has a deep seated drive to win, which has led to a lot of the misunderstandings and teammate issues in the past, when he acts out, it's because he's competitive and wants to win. When Ochocinco acts out, it's to draw attention to himself and make money.

There's a major difference between these guys, the debate shouldn't even be close as to who we should sign(if we even do sign one).
That's an awfully big leap, to say that Moss has been "humbled" at his age by a situation that he set in motion last year. He may have learned not to pull that **** again, but a tiger doesn't change his stripes, so to speak, especially not at this point in his career.

Ochocinco... I think he gets a bad rap. He gets lumped in (partially by his own doing) with TO, Randy Moss, and Keyshawn Johnson, but the difference is I think Chad is a true showman. He knows how to call attention to himself, but he's not nearly the headcase that TO is. The Eagles used to practice at my college and some of my friends were around the team quite a bit. TO used to eat lunch at the total opposite side of the cafeteria from everybody else. If someone came to sit with him, he'd stand up and walk out. He requested a solo living situation. He was totally a lone wolf, he never seemed to give a damn about the team, only himself.

Ochocinco's favorite topic is Ochocinco, but he's still very much all about the team. All you have to do is look at their Twitter fight to know what I'm talking about:

Ocho was pissed that "his QB" was moving on and said TO cared too much about his own stats.

TO's response? Yeah he's moving on, but he wouldn't be if I had 15 TDs instead of 9.

Sounds an awful lot like what Moss was complaining about before he left, doesn't it?

Skills - Moss, no question. If he would give 100% on every play, he could have shattered Rice's record alrady.

Attitude - By 32, Moss had burned through 2 franchises and was on his way to burning through 3 more. Ocho has been a headache from time to time with Cincy, but on Sunday it's still all about the W.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Shaun

RT @ochocinco: Since you're answering questions where am I gonna be Mr. King? ... New England. My advice: Get a place in the South End.

Peter King doesnt lie

Old
04-17-2011, 08:23 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
RT @ochocinco: Since you're answering questions where am I gonna be Mr. King? ... New England. My advice: Get a place in the South End.

Peter King doesnt lie
He seems to know more about the inner workings of the Patriots than any other national writer, too. Wouldn't be surprised if he's speaking from a point of knowledge on this one.

Aren't Chad and Bill friendly, too?

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
He seems to know more about the inner workings of the Patriots than any other national writer, too. Wouldn't be surprised if he's speaking from a point of knowledge on this one.

Aren't Chad and Bill friendly, too?
Yep thats why I think its going to happen. If anyone can make Chad play hard its Bill.

Old
04-17-2011, 08:34 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDegs13 View Post
CAM'S 2011 PATRIOTS DRAFT

First Round - #17 - Mike Pouncey - OG - Florida - Neal's retirement leaves a hole on the line at guard. Belichick loves his Gators, and word on the street is Mike is as talented, ON and OFF the field as his brother Maurkice. Resign Mankins and Light and throw out a line of Light/Mankins/Koppen/Pouncey/Vollmer - unstoppable.

First Round - #28 - Brooks Reed - OLB/DE - Arizona - Pass-rusher compared to Clay Matthews, performed admirably at the combine, with the fastest 10-yd split of any d-lineman (0.05 seconds off of Clay's Combine time). Versatile - can play LB or end. Perfect pick.

Second Round - #33 - Jonathan Baldwin - WR - Pitt - Talented, freakishly big (6'5' / 225 lbs) with terrific hands and is a physical red-zone threat draws comparisons to Brandon Marshall at the WR position. Poor combine hurt his first round draft stock, but Bill scoops him up with the 2nd rounder acquired from Carolina.

Second Round - #60 - Ryan Williams - RB - Virginia Tech - Pats held a private workout with Williams, who is a tough, between the tackles runner. Shows great burst, is a good receiver and is also adequete in pass protection. Solid all-around back. Injury concerns - was one of the best backs in the country WHEN healthy.

Third Round - #74 - Johnny Patrick - CB - Louisville - Pick from the Moss trade - More depth at corner, with inconsistent play from Butler and injury concerns on Bodden. Pats had Patrick in for a private workout.

Third Round - #92 - Clint Boling - OG - Georgia - More depth on the offensive line.

Fourth Round - #124 - Pernell McPhee - DE - Miss. St. - More pass-rush.

Fifth Round - #156 - Marcus Gilbert - OT - Florida - Yes another pick on the O-line. Also another Florida Gator.

Sixth Round - #188 - Tyrod Taylor - QB/WR - Virginia Tech - Mobile, athletic quarterback who can turn out to be an interesting developmental project at either the QB or WR position. Has a solid arm but will need to be coached up in order to succeed there the next level.
love the post- not up to speed on the draft yet but have been reading a lot lately....agree on Pouncey for the Pats and Beaulieu for the Bruins at 9

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Shaun

Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall got stabbed last night and is in intensive care right now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Old
04-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Shaun

Ummm I hope he isn't Serious.....

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/th...-season-missed

If he retires we're ****ed