HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Lose In Boston.....

Old
03-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Markovskaya

vCash: 500
Terrible, terrible game.

Now let's regroup, regrow. Finish strong.

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Forsead

Glad I wasn't able to see that game !

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 02:14 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
How do you guys feel the day after?
Same as I did last night.. If the players on the ice didn't care enough or give a crap about being embarrassed by their biggest rival then why should I as a fan care or give a crap..

I had a feeling the Habs would get shutout and they would **** the bed last night and that's why I didn't watch 1 second of that disaster..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 02:41 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
How do you guys feel the day after?
Pretty awesome. Got to deliver my first baby last night during the first.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 02:54 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Congrats Harry.. That must have been quite the feeling..

On another note I had to accept the site rules again before replying to this post.. How many times will we have to do this now?

Old
03-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Congrats Harry

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Congrats Harry.. That must have been quite the feeling..

On another note I had to accept the site rules again before replying to this post.. How many times will we have to do this now?
until people understand the rules so we don't need to hand out infractions

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Was definately the worst loss i ever saw since roys last game in montreal.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Does this mean I received two infractions in the span of two days? Or is it just a general thing when posting on the habs board?

Because this morning when I made a post it prompted me and I reflected that maybe some of the things I wrote on the main board could have been considered trolling to some extent since I am very opinionated and can sometimes go overboard.

The second time around (i.e. now) I don't understand why.

Plus I assumed that when you get an infraction you are told why and to stop behaving that way if you want to stay on board.

I know it's completely OT, but I'd like to know.

Thank you.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 05:07 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Does this mean I received two infractions in the span of two days? Or is it just a general thing when posting on the habs board?

Because this morning when I made a post it prompted me and I reflected that maybe some of the things I wrote on the main board could have been considered trolling to some extent since I am very opinionated and can sometimes go overboard.

The second time around (i.e. now) I don't understand why.

Plus I assumed that when you get an infraction you are told why and to stop behaving that way if you want to stay on board.

I know it's completely OT, but I'd like to know.

Thank you.
I think everyone has been prompted. I have in the past 2 days and I haven't posted anything remotely offensive.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I think everyone has been prompted. I have in the past 2 days and I haven't posted anything remotely offensive.
Well, I posted on the Bruins board during lunch on the Arpon Basu article thread and stayed well within the limits because I know I can get some pretty harsh reactions simply from posting there.

So I was a little mad when I saw the rules pop up a second time today thinking that 2 respectful posts on the "enemy's" board could've gotten me an infraction.

Thanks for the info, glad it wasn't my comments that caused it (well maybe a little since it's at large)

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
ill never forget langs only year in montreal....things would have gone differently for us if he had played al year...

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Teufelsdreck

It was bound to happen. I'm amazed the Habs went as far as they did with this patchwork lineup. Besides, when you come to think of it, they aren't as good as the Bruins and the Bruins learned from their past mistakes. Maybe it wouldn't be such a favorable matchup in the first round. Too bad they won't be playing the Lightning.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 06:55 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
It was bound to happen. I'm amazed the Habs went as far as they did with this patchwork lineup. Besides, when you come to think of it, they aren't as good as the Bruins and the Bruins learned from their past mistakes. Maybe it wouldn't be such a favorable matchup in the first round. Too bad they won't be playing the Lightning.
They were healthy last nite. markov was injured 50 games ago,it's whiny to keep using that excuse. Pitt: No Crosby/Malkin and beat Philly on road last night and has 92 pts. That's a team with guts and pride. And Wiz and Sopel are more than an adequate replacement for Gorges and Spacek

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 06:55 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
Reminds me of when we picked Jason Ward 11th overall in 97. The player that was picked behind him turned out to be a respectable hockey player, a person by the name of Marian Hossa.

As people always say, 29 other teams missed the boat on Lucic. When he was playing for the Giants, I knew he would be good NHLer simply because of the way he played. He always showed a willingness to go to the net and was always willing to play aggresively.

I firmly believe that winning in this league requires a combination of size and skill, which the Habs lack hence the reason why we are a battered bunch by the end of the year. It is no coincidence that the skilled Hab teams of the 60s and 70s had players who could mx it up, Ferguson and Riseborough for example. Unless we start to add players who are bigger and SKILLED, we will see inconsistent efforts.
Any team's fans have those "got away" situations. In 2007, the Bruins, after drafting Hamill 8th overall, moved up in the 2nd round in order to draft Tommy Cross. P.K. Subban was available.

People thought Lucic was a reach @ #50, and the Bruins struck gold. I think they've drafted some big project forwards since that haven't worked out or probably won't.

My favorite one is before there was a lottery, the Islanders winning the last game of the season with almost all AHL players, dropping a spot in the draft & getting Scott Scissons instead of Jaromir Jagr.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 07:10 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Any team's fans have those "got away" situations. In 2007, the Bruins, after drafting Hamill 8th overall, moved up in the 2nd round in order to draft Tommy Cross. P.K. Subban was available.

People thought Lucic was a reach @ #50, and the Bruins struck gold. I think they've drafted some big project forwards since that haven't worked out or probably won't.

My favorite one is before there was a lottery, the Islanders winning the last game of the season with almost all AHL players, dropping a spot in the draft & getting Scott Scissons instead of Jaromir Jagr.
Of course,but it's magnified on this team because of the big issue with toughness.And Lucic just beating our ***** all the time

Old
03-25-2011, 07:18 PM
icerocket

Habs got destroyed.

Glad I didn't come here last night, the amount of whining/crying must have been staggering.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 10:26 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Gotcha.. Seriously though do you think anyone here really reads it? Honestly I did skim through it the first time it appeared but the second time it came up it just annoyed the hell out of me..

Old
03-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Habs got destroyed.

Glad I didn't come here last night, the amount of whining/crying must have been staggering.
After a win. Everyone is a fan
After a loss. Everyone is an expert.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 12:16 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
Merano, I can understand you not wanting to buy Recchi's comments but I want you to look at something for me please. Before Recchi made his comments all the talk on your board and in the media was about Chara and the hit.

The minute Recchi made his comments the talk on both boards and in the media was all on Recchi. Just look at the posts and how they changed.
This is true, but regardless of the reason Recchi's comments were despicable.
Quote:
Recchi has been around 22 years and played in Montreal for 5 years. He stated he has nothing but respect for the Dr and the organization and I think most people will believe him. His comments could not have come at a better time.
He had so much 'respect' for him that he called his reputation into question and made light of a severe injury to a kid who's probably not going to play again this season...

Sorry, but I don't see what Recchi was thinking here. This isn't game 7 of the Stanley Cup playoffs. No matter how much importance you want to put on last night's game it was still a regular season game. Moreover, it was in Boston no less.

If Recchi wanted to take attention away from Chara he should've found a classier way to do it. I lost a lot of respect for him and he should be ashamed of himself.
Quote:
...I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out Recchi has phoned the Dr to explain his choice of words...
If I'm the doctor, I wouldn't take his call or accept an apology. Recchi claims to have great 'respect' for him? Recchi clearly has no understanding of the word. And to be honest with you, I'm really suprised with him because I always thought of him as a classy player.

Not anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I'm always both.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 12:44 AM
andy28

The sun still rises, so it seems. Tough loss, but it is not the time to rag on the team. Trade deadline is over. No changes can be made until the end of the season. This is the time to get behind this team even more. No matter what the outcome, we are Habs fans, and this is our team. If defeat is our fate, we take it and drink it. If you wanna kiss the sky better learn how to kneel.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 07:39 AM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Every one here is also a fan after a loss. Just bc someone doesn't have the same opinion as you doesn't make them any less of a fan. BTW,who are you to quesytion anyones fandom ? Maybe some of us are just sick and tired of 15 yrs of mediocrity,and now adding on the physical beating our players have to endure