Game 73: Ducks @ Dallas Stars 03/23/11 5:30PM PST

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Force951

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
I only saw it once. Would like to see a slow-mo replay. From what I saw it looked like a jumping head shot. Something the league would look at, but I only saw it once.

Glad Fowler got up.
The hit is up on the NHL.com highlights. You can't really see the point of contact, and because if where it was and the refs can't see much to make a call. If it was open ice it would prob be 50/50 if they would have called it blindside hit to the head. It was similar quality to the doan one on sexton earlier in the year. Where it prob violates the wording of the rule, but didn't look that dangerous or do any damage.

Old
03-24-2011, 12:32 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Yeah the guy is just a flat out moaner, because it's not like his team ever got a lucky bounce here or there, all skill
LOL 1999.

Old
03-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal View Post
If the NHL's board of experts do not conclude that Teemu fits for any of the existing league awards, they need to invent one. Teemu's season is one of the most amazing things I've witnessed...yeah, the numbers are great...but the timeliness is just incredible.

I hope he can find a way to finish top-10 in scoring, as I fear that might be the only way he gets his due credit from the mainstream media. Heck, I just listened to a Hockey Night in Canada Radio analyst talk about how the Ducks have no depth beyond Getzlaf-Ryan-Perry...

Teemu Selanne continues to be everything I thought he was when I idolized him as a kid when he started. He is the heart and soul of this team. He can't retire yet. He just can't. When he scores like he did tonight, and celebrates like he did tonight, he makes me feel like a 14-year-old kid again...not a 32-year-old curmudgeon with responsibilities. He is a remarkable athlete, more remarkable than most NHL fans realize...and Ducks fans are exceedingly lucky to have experienced it all first-hand.
The man just continues to astonish me. He's the reason I became a hockey fan 16 years ago and he still excites me more than any other player.

I just don't see how he can retire, unless the Ducks win the cup, when he's scoring goals like that.

I say they give him the Masterton again, just to give the man something to mark this historic season. Not that Selanne himself would care.

Old
03-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

Quote:
If the NHL's board of experts do not conclude that Teemu fits for any of the existing league awards, they need to invent one. Teemu's season is one of the most amazing things I've witnessed...yeah, the numbers are great...but the timeliness is just incredible.

I hope he can find a way to finish top-10 in scoring, as I fear that might be the only way he gets his due credit from the mainstream media. Heck, I just listened to a Hockey Night in Canada Radio analyst talk about how the Ducks have no depth beyond Getzlaf-Ryan-Perry...

Teemu Selanne continues to be everything I thought he was when I idolized him as a kid when he started. He is the heart and soul of this team. He can't retire yet. He just can't. When he scores like he did tonight, and celebrates like he did tonight, he makes me feel like a 14-year-old kid again...not a 32-year-old curmudgeon with responsibilities. He is a remarkable athlete, more remarkable than most NHL fans realize...and Ducks fans are exceedingly lucky to have experienced it all first-hand.
How can anybody not love this guys heart and enthusiasm? I am by no means a kid, even when he came into the league, he makes you feel like a 14 year old, he makes me feel like a 14 year old girl

Yes I have a man crush, no homo.

Old
03-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Fighter
Legend

Quote:
QFT! I don't have anything else to add as this post reflects perfectly my feelings on Teemu the Great. Awesome post

Old
03-24-2011, 01:45 PM
jepjepjoo

According to NHL.com Selanne is the first player in NHL history to score 4 game tying goals in the last 3 minutes in one season.

Quote:
Teemu Selanne is having one of the best seasons for someone his age in NHL history, but what he's been able to accomplish recently late in games would rival the accomplishments of any player regardless of the date on his birth certificate.

Selanne scored the game-tying goal for his Anaheim Ducks with 6.4 seconds left in a 4-3 overtime victory Wednesday night against the Dallas Stars. It was the fourth time Selanne has tied a game in the final 2:07 for the Ducks since Feb. 11 -- and Anaheim has gone on to win each of the contests in overtime.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Selanne is the first player in NHL history to score four game-tying goals in the final three minutes of a game in one season. Incredibly, Selanne achieved the feat four times in 40 days.

Last edited by jepjepjoo: 03-24-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old
03-24-2011, 02:16 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksFanDFW View Post
It was amazing to watch it live. The hops, the pile up against the penalty box when Cam won it... the immediate hush in the arena as the fans, stunned headed towards the exit. What a ****ing game. By far the best game I've seen here in Dallas. There were so many Ducks jerseys walking around the arena tonight. I have NEVER seen more than 2 or 3 at a game. Saw tons of Selanne jerseys, a Pronger jersey, a Visnovsky jersey, a Ryan 3rd and several old logo (one with Kariya) and one that was #69 with P. Whipped as the name. 3:00 AM here, and I'm still watching video replays...
The guy with the 69 jersey was right behind the Ducks bench, you could see him on TV. Glad you finally got to see a great win in person!

Old
03-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksFanDFW View Post
It was amazing to watch it live. The hops, the pile up against the penalty box when Cam won it... the immediate hush in the arena as the fans, stunned headed towards the exit. What a ****ing game. By far the best game I've seen here in Dallas. There were so many Ducks jerseys walking around the arena tonight. I have NEVER seen more than 2 or 3 at a game. Saw tons of Selanne jerseys, a Pronger jersey, a Visnovsky jersey, a Ryan 3rd and several old logo (one with Kariya) and one that was #69 with P. Whipped as the name. 3:00 AM here, and I'm still watching video replays...
Normally I despise trailer trash people like this... but I saw that on TV and it was so outlandishly retarded that it ran the gamut back to being funny.

Old
03-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dreams View Post
The man just continues to astonish me. He's the reason I became a hockey fan 16 years ago and he still excites me more than any other player.

I just don't see how he can retire, unless the Ducks win the cup, when he's scoring goals like that.

I say they give him the Masterton again, just to give the man something to mark this historic season. Not that Selanne himself would care.
He is probably our smartest and best playmaking forward on the ice. His passes are always right on the money whether he sends them forehand or backhand... so he should keep playing and just switch his game a little. Put a sniper on his line that he and Koivu can feed, and then Teemu can still wreak his havoc on the PP.

Old
03-24-2011, 05:47 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindad View Post
How can anybody not love this guys heart and enthusiasm? I am by no means a kid, even when he came into the league, he makes you feel like a 14 year old, he makes me feel like a 14 year old girl

Yes I have a man crush, no homo.
So you're saying Selanne isn't good enough to go from no homo to homo? Blasphemy!

Old
03-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
So you're saying Selanne isn't good enough to go from no homo to homo? Blasphemy!
I can dish it out but can't take it.

Closed Thread