HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Nucks Fans Opinions of Johan

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2003, 09:15 AM
JDB3939

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
Nucks Fans Opinions of Johan

Hey Nucks fans. I'm a Pens fan from over on the Pens board and I heard Moose pitched a shutout the other night. I'm curious to what you guys think of Johan. I know you are loyal to your starter, but the Pens fans think he can supplant Cloutier, especially in the playoffs.

We are all pullin for the Moose in net for you guys. Most Pens fans are really happy to see him finally get a good team in front of him.

Old
10-12-2003, 09:19 AM
Reign Nateo

I liked his play.

Very intense and agile. He was always moving, he is a terrific skater and has great athleticsm. The best part of his game was his stickhandling, something we haven't had in Vancouver since Kirk McLean and something that is very important in today's game.

The best thing was his ability to stay in the game even though he didn't get much action.

Old
10-12-2003, 09:20 AM
LaVal

it's hard to tell after 1 game.

Old
10-12-2003, 09:22 AM
The Produce Man
Master of Puppets

I love the way he helps our penalty kill by stopping shoot-ins, then effectivley moving the puck. He seems to be solid on rebounds, and has a good vision.

I was really impressed with his play, considering his injuries through the pre-season.

Old
10-12-2003, 09:26 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

He's been touted for his puckhandling abilities, and this is the first time I've seen him play so I was watching that, but he made a couple bad giveaways. Played solid in net, perfect positioning, got lucky on the York shot, got help from defense. We'll have to wait until he faces a real team who can muster more than 14 shots.

Old
10-12-2003, 09:38 AM
Avery4Byng*

After about 10 more starts you will be able to get some good feedback. Althoughhe looked alright last night, wasnt really that tested though.

Old
10-12-2003, 09:41 AM
ping

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
He's been touted for his puckhandling abilities, and this is the first time I've seen him play so I was watching that, but he made a couple bad giveaways.
I agree. I was doing the same thing but over all an improvement on Cloutier in that aspect. However it's too tough to tell after one game. One thing I liked about his game though is that he always seems to be in control.

Old
10-12-2003, 09:45 AM
nucks2001

vCash:
I was really impressed with his puck handling skills. Certainly a refreshing change from Cloutier

Old
10-12-2003, 09:46 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JovOhlund
I agree. I was doing the same thing but over all an improvement on Cloutier in that aspect. However it's too tough to tell after one game. One thing I liked about his game though is that he always seems to be in control.
Yeah... I think he was just a little nervous. Vancouver is probably the toughest city in the NHL for a goalie to play in.

Old
10-12-2003, 09:55 AM
ping

Yeah after the game he admitted he had a few butterflies in his stomach but he said that was good because it showed he cared.

Old
10-12-2003, 09:56 AM
JDB3939

Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
I think Moose will grow into a huge fan favorite in Vancouver like he did in Pittsburgh. I'm sure on opening night Pens fans would have been shouting for Hedberg if Fleury wasn't so amazing in that game.

Old
10-12-2003, 11:10 AM
Nalyd Psycho

I have absolutly no problems with him after game one. Not sure if he played better than Cloutier did Thursday though. Should be a real battle for who is the starter...

10-12-2003, 12:05 PM
jeffbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by JovOhlund
Yes I agree...he had very good puckhandling skills. Not as good as old Captain Kirk, mind you, but much better than Dan. Hedberg adds a different dimension back there.

Old
10-12-2003, 01:17 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
I think Johan will be as popular as ol' Backup Bob was. Notice how when Hedburg handled any clearings, there weren't any Canucks in their own zone at all? Says something about the confidence in his puck handling skills. Cloutier should take some pointers from Hedburg.

Old
10-12-2003, 01:25 PM
Peter Griffin

It's hard to gauge an oppinion after just one game, but Hedberg looked solid out there. His athleticism was outstanding and he's very agile and quick. I liked his positioning as well. One of his better attributes is his stickhandling. Cloutier is a pretty brutal stickhandler, so it's nice to have a guy like Hedberg who can create plays with his stickhandling.

Old
10-12-2003, 03:41 PM
PhillyNucksFan

I like his focus, even though he faced only handful of shots... in the past.. Cloutier could lose his focus if facing only say.. 10-15 shots all game.. and Cloutier doesnt move as often as Hedberg and bah, Cloutier puck handling is a nightmare, making my heart pump everytime he goes out of his crease to stop a puck..

Overall, I love his game, great pickup... who knows.. he could be #1 by end of year!?!

Old
10-13-2003, 09:57 AM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

like my fellow Pens fans, i wish Hedberg the best of luck. w/ the drafting of Fleury, and being older, he was sadly an odd man out and many of us were sad to see him go. he was one of the fan favorites, and i think by the end of the year Canucks fans will cheer him on as we did. though now we get to see how he does on a well balanced team.

Closed Thread