HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Visiting Ottawa and CTC

Old
11-01-2010, 11:29 PM
moz
Gute Post

vCash: 500
I've only taken the 401 for the west half of the trip, so I don't know the full story. Yes it gets caught, but things clear up past Bayshore and the arrival time accounts for the traffic anyway.

11-01-2010, 11:47 PM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim498 View Post
I have a small question, does the 401 leaving Blair on game nights get stuck in traffic on the highway?
Yes.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Rideau Carleton.

My work wants to go there for a work party thing. I'm not into watching horse racing, or slots, or being stuck with a bunch of chicks. Anything else to do there ?

Strippers ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 11:40 AM
bleedingnose231

Coming up for Friday’s game against the Devils. Looking for an estimate on parking. I noticed a post saying around $10-11. What about premium parking? Also, if anyone knows what the traffic is like crossing the border around mid-afternoon, it would be appreciated. We underestimated the border crossing during our Toronto trip last year.

bleedingnose231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2010, 01:08 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingnose231 View Post
Coming up for Friday’s game against the Devils. Looking for an estimate on parking. I noticed a post saying around $10-11. What about premium parking?
General parking was $10 the last time I went to a game by car. I'm unaware of any specific premium parking, but maybe this will help (if you haven't already seen it) http://www.scotiabankplace.com/en/de...iabankplace=63

The Expert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Midas0
Only the best Scouts

hey guys,

My girlfriend and I are going to Ottawa for the Tampa Bay game on Saturday, January 8th. We're taking the train from our town(Cobourg) to Ottawa. We're staying at the Novotel which is in Ottawa. Is there some sort of bus that will take us from Ottawa to SBP and back? Or will I just have to take a taxi? if I have to take a taxi how much would that run me there and back?

Thanks in advance!

Midas0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 07:59 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter0 View Post
hey guys,

My girlfriend and I are going to Ottawa for the Tampa Bay game on Saturday, January 8th. We're taking the train from our town(Cobourg) to Ottawa. We're staying at the Novotel which is in Ottawa. Is there some sort of bus that will take us from Ottawa to SBP and back? Or will I just have to take a taxi? if I have to take a taxi how much would that run me there and back?

Thanks in advance!
On every game night, OC Transpo has certain buses that stop at most major bus stops and all head right to SBP. They are called the 400 buses, more specifically the 401, 403 and 405. The buses also wait outside SBP and get you back to major parts of town.

I'm heading out now, but it's easy to get more info on which bus and stop you'll need, I'll check back later if no one helps further.

The Expert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:09 AM
moz
Gute Post

You can walk to the Rideau Centre and take the 403, probably around 6pm.

Edit: I guess I should specify the Mackenzie King station, not Rideau street.

moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Midas0
Only the best Scouts

Awesome Moz and Expert, thanks for the help.

How much is the bus from the Mackenzie King Station to SBP? And what time exactly does it leave at?

Midas0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Cujomi
Toverij

Per ride it's 3 dollars a person, if you pick up tickets I think it's slightly cheaper (you can usually get them at any convenience store.) Two tickets a person. The 400 busses are actually pretty good. When they say the Mackenzie King stop they mean the bridge at the top of the Rideau Center mall (the exit is near Sears.)

I should clarify that per ride means each time you get on (unless you use transfers...but they don't last long enough for a game) so it would be 6 dollars a person unless you bought tickets then I think it's 5 dollars a person (there and back.)

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenixM View Post
Per ride it's 3 dollars a person, if you pick up tickets I think it's slightly cheaper (you can usually get them at any convenience store.) Two tickets a person. The 400 busses are actually pretty good. When they say the Mackenzie King stop they mean the bridge at the top of the Rideau Center mall (the exit is near Sears.)
This is incorrect - route 403 goes on Rideau Street; it doesn't take the bridge. The stop is right outside the entrance to The Bay on Rideau Street. Cash fare is $3.25.

Pro-tip: the 400-series buses have a habit of filling up fast, and bypassing stops because they can't take anymore passengers. It's worth your while to backtrack to Hurdman Station and pick up the 403 there, since that's where the route starts. To get there, go up to the aforementioned bridge, cross the street, and take the first bus that comes (8, 85, 86 87, 95, 96, 97). Hurdman will be the fourth stop, less than five minutes from the Rideau Centre, and it's in the middle of nowhere. You'll be guaranteed a seat.

Buses leave Hurdman Station at 5:30, 5:35, 5:40, 5:55, and 6:05. They say it's 45 minutes from Hurdman Station to SBP, but with traffice, you could easily be late if you're on one of the last two buses (it's happened to me). If you don't feel like backtracking to Hurdman, the buses arrive on Rideau Street 8 minutes after they leave Hurdman, so that should give you an idea of where you have to be and when

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Cujomi
Toverij

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
This is incorrect - route 403 goes on Rideau Street; it doesn't take the bridge. The stop is right outside the entrance to The Bay on Rideau Street. Cash fare is $3.25.

Pro-tip: the 400-series buses have a habit of filling up fast, and bypassing stops because they can't take anymore passengers. It's worth your while to backtrack to Hurdman Station and pick up the 403 there, since that's where the route starts. To get there, go up to the aforementioned bridge, cross the street, and take the first bus that comes (8, 85, 86 87, 95, 96, 97). Hurdman will be the fourth stop, less than five minutes from the Rideau Centre, and it's in the middle of nowhere. You'll be guaranteed a seat.

Buses leave Hurdman Station at 5:30, 5:35, 5:40, 5:55, and 6:05. They say it's 45 minutes from Hurdman Station to SBP, but with traffice, you could easily be late if you're on one of the last two buses (it's happened to me). If you don't feel like backtracking to Hurdman, the buses arrive on Rideau Street 8 minutes after they leave Hurdman, so that should give you an idea of where you have to be and when
To be fair I haven't taken the bus in just over a year. Didn't know the fare went up, or that it didn't come to the bridge (I was just going on the post from above.) I always caught it at Baseline.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 09:15 AM
dre

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenixM View Post
To be fair I haven't taken the bus in just over a year. Didn't know the fare went up, or that it didn't come to the bridge (I was just going on the post from above.) I always caught it at Baseline.
Baseline represent!! My stomping grounds.

dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 02:55 PM
flyersfan420

Planning a trip to Scotiabank place and had a few questions..

hey sens fans

I am planning a trip to scotiabank place on feb 26th vs the flyers. I am trying to figure out exactly where our seats are relative to the players benches. We are sitting in SEC 106 row E, seats 15/16. I am wondering how many seats are in a row? Is there a 3D seating chart available? I am just curious as to which side of the ice we will be sitting on? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

flyersfan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 02:58 PM
2Cowen

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan420 View Post
hey sens fans

I am planning a trip to scotiabank place on feb 26th vs the flyers. I am trying to figure out exactly where our seats are relative to the players benches. We are sitting in SEC 106 row E, seats 15/16. I am wondering how many seats are in a row? Is there a 3D seating chart available? I am just curious as to which side of the ice we will be sitting on? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...&RDAT=SCHEDULE

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 02:58 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan420 View Post
hey sens fans

This is the seating diagram.

http://www.scotiabankplace.com/en/de...ating%20Charts

So you are right in the middle of both benches. Seat 14 and 15 are probably more to the left meaning you'll be closer to the Flyers bench.

Usually there is around 17-20 seats per row. But i'm not sure about the 100s.

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
How much is parking at the SBP?

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Bob Kudelski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
How much is parking at the SBP?
It's $11, but if you're cheap and/or smark, you can actually park for free in the auto-mall just west of SBP. It's located on the other side of Huntmar Drive, across from SBP, and you can enter it from Palladium Drive. There's a Honday, Mazda, Chrysler, Toyota dealership there. It's a one-way circular drive around the dealerships and you just go until you find an open spot on the side of the road.. the walk is about the same as if you park in the actual SBP parking lot.

Bob Kudelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 06:20 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kudelski View Post
It's $11, but if you're cheap and/or smark, you can actually park for free in the auto-mall just west of SBP. It's located on the other side of Huntmar Drive, across from SBP, and you can enter it from Palladium Drive. There's a Honday, Mazda, Chrysler, Toyota dealership there. It's a one-way circular drive around the dealerships and you just go until you find an open spot on the side of the road.. the walk is about the same as if you park in the actual SBP parking lot.
Thanks for the info.

Another questions.. what food place is the best? We are thinking about either Frank Finnegans or Bet's?

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 07:43 PM
mczerkawski21

Hey guys. Islanders fan coming in peace. Once a year I go to a game in a new city. Ottawa is my next stop and I will be attending the game tomorrow night(ill be rooting hard with you guys against the flyers). A few quick things 1. Any good places to eat near the arena and 2. What's the autograph situation like. Like is there an accessible player exit post game or whatever or any pregame locals they might be at. Places down here like the pru center and nassau coliseum are preety good about that kind of stuff.

mczerkawski21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Dacks

Hey guys. Pens fan here. I just moved to Ottawa and will be attending my first Pens / Sens game tomorrow night. I was wondering about traffic and parking, as I'll be driving from downtown. What's the latest I can leave the city so that I can get through traffic, get dinner at SBP, and still catch the warmups? Are there any good restaurants in the building or should I just concession stuff? Is there free street parking in that little community on Huntmar south of Maple Grove?

Also, is there an area to get autographs from home or visiting players before or after the game?

Hope you guys can help me out even though I'm a Pens fan. I'm hoping for some sympathy seeing as how I shelled out for these tickets and now won't see either Crosby or Malkin!

Dacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Spex

If you're having dinner at one of the restaurants, I'd say a reservation an hour before game time is fine. If you're just showing up, without reservations, budget about a 30 minute wait.

So take this into consideration when leaving the city (to be at the arena at 6pm, I'd leave downtown at about 5pm to give yourself time for traffic, parking and walking)

Berts and Frank Finnigan's are both ok, can't go wrong with either in my opinion.

No clue about on-street parking on Huntmar, but the car dealearships behind the arena don't seem to mind people parking for free. I'm 2 for 2 there (no parking tickets)

Spex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Dacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post
If you're having dinner at one of the restaurants, I'd say a reservation an hour before game time is fine. If you're just showing up, without reservations, budget about a 30 minute wait.

So take this into consideration when leaving the city (to be at the arena at 6pm, I'd leave downtown at about 5pm to give yourself time for traffic, parking and walking)

Berts and Frank Finnigan's are both ok, can't go wrong with either in my opinion.

No clue about on-street parking on Huntmar, but the car dealearships behind the arena don't seem to mind people parking for free. I'm 2 for 2 there (no parking tickets)
Thanks very much, everything worked out great!

Dacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

A Little Help (visitor to ottawa)

Hey guys, Beaker here

I was hoping your board would be nice enough to help me out I'll be in Ottawa for a game in the near future, and I'll be staying at the Novotel hotel which is at this location:

33 Nicholas Street, Ottawa, ON K1N 9M7 (Novotel Ottawa)

I didn't realize the game will be far from where I'm staying (free hotel accommodations so) - I looked into this thread (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=558940) for some help on public transportation to get to the arena except the links seem to be expired.

Would it be best for me to take my car to the hotel? Then drive to the arena?

I was thinking about taking the train to Ottawa, but if I'm going to take a 30 minute cab... I'll just take my car. What would be the best way to get to the game?

Question for the younger crowd: Where to party in Ottawa? I'm not a club guy, I'm a bar guy.

Thank you!

Beaker

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 08:31 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
You could always bus there. Which would take around 30min from Downtown.

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote