HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #75 vs. Ottawa Senators

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #75 vs. Ottawa Senators
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 1.06%
Marian Gaborik 2 2.13%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 63 67.02%
Ryan McDonagh 1 1.06%
Brandon Prust 22 23.40%
Michael Sauer 1 1.06%
Marc Staal 3 3.19%
Other 1 1.06%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-25-2011, 11:28 AM
ecemleafs

vCash: 500
kinda funny that we were playing the team that passed on staal for brian lee. both defenseman we took in the first 2 rounds are miles better than lee right now.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 12:25 PM
mullichicken25

Just got home from the game after a train ride that was entirely too long

The sens are a very bad team that we managed to make look respectable...if they were remotely good this game would have been 3 or 4 to 1

I don't often praise hank but he stole a point for us in this one...our offense was non existent

mullichicken25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 12:38 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post

The sens are a very bad team that we managed to make look respectable...if they were remotely good this game would have been 3 or 4 to 1

I don't often praise hank but he stole a point for us in this one...our offense was non existent
It took you over 12 hours to get home?

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post

Dag, hoss. 1:25 PM return the next day. Is a pretty long ride.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 07:04 PM
dogfox

I agree wolski has played well lately but I would like to see wolski with gaborik since he is the second most pure talent we have. torts put gabby with wolski for like half a game thats it. he mixed his lines alot and never tried wolski with gaborik which i just dont understand why.and wolski will do beter than christenson or prospal. torts is awsome but he does play favorites. In every way of the game wolski is beter than prospal. playing favorites gotta stop. wolski has been busting his ass with the little ice time he is geting and prospal and christenson gets more time its ridiculous. if prosplal was on any other team he would get less than 10 min a game

dogfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 07:06 PM
dogfox

well said it was a blindside

Old
03-25-2011, 07:13 PM
dogfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
And why did Staal and Girardi need to play 30 minutes each? McD and Sauer have been doing just fine with 22 - 23 minutes. I think Torts relies too heavily on those two and I trust McD and Sauer out there more than Girardi. Why the big discrepancy in minutes especially in a game with almost no special teams time. Also, I don't love EC but everytime that line performs poorly he cuts his ice time and not Vinny's. Vinny is the worst defensive forward on the team and does little 5 on 5. Torts is playing favorites and that needs to stop.
your totally right I dont want to defend christenson but when the whole line does bad rarely does prospal get benched its always christenson. prospal should only play the power play and get like 5 min a game 5 on 5. torts totally plays favorite. he is an awsome coach but playing favorites gota stop. put wolski with gabby he has been busting his ass with the little ice time he gets and I think almost every one would agree that wolski can do beter with gabby than christenson or prospal give him a chance. he has played with gabby for half a game thats not enough time. do it up torts

Old
03-25-2011, 07:18 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Wolski - Stepan - Gaborik
Dubi - AA - Cally
Avery - Prospal - Zuccarello
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

YES....YESSSSSSSSSSSS

No more Eric "Zoloft" Christensen

Although I'd be surprised if Torts didn't take out Zuccarello, put Avery in, and keep rolling EC with Gabby *yawn*

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

I'm gonna say the front page is complete. Looks nice, too. Too bad it's off a crappy loss.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 09:20 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
That was the worst shootout move I've seen, past Dennis Wideman of course. Putting Callahan over Anisimov and Stepan is completely foolish. I love him to death, but he's short on talent.
This is probably just a bad choice of words. To say Callahan is short on talent is ridiculous. Especially when he leads the team in goals. Maybe the shootout isn't his thing, but that doesnt mean he is short on talent. Our best 2 offensive players in the least decade have been/are terrible at shootouts. Does that mean Jagr and Gaborik are short on talent?

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 09:22 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
I'm gonna say the front page is complete. Looks nice, too. Too bad it's off a crappy loss.
You forgot something.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 09:34 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
This is probably just a bad choice of words. To say Callahan is short on talent is ridiculous. Especially when he leads the team in goals. Maybe the shootout isn't his thing, but that doesnt mean he is short on talent. Our best 2 offensive players in the least decade have been/are terrible at shootouts. Does that mean Jagr and Gaborik are short on talent?
He really doesn't have that much talent to be honest, he just makes the most of what he has plus some through effort and hard work. He's a third liner but through the hard work he plays like a second liner. Watching him carry the puck into the zone sometimes can be brutal. That play where he brings it down the boards into the zone and reaches his arms out only to toss a weak little shot that doesn't leave the ice towards the goalie is cringe worthy.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
You forgot something.
I didn't see you post it in the thread.

You gotta say something bro. Added.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 09:58 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
I didn't see you post it in the thread.

You gotta say something bro. Added.
Just did, "bro".

BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 12:31 AM
get real

The favoritism and expectations on this board is unreal. If a player has just one or two bad games you are all over them. And this Avery love has me completely baffled. Oh wait...mancrush is the word I think you use in NYC. Is it the attitude you identify with? Or can we just call him out for what some have said (and what he has proven he really is on every team he has played for)...that he is basically egocentric with little regard for anyone else? Don't get me wrong - he can be a game changer and he is amusing at times. I don't think he necessarily brings to this team what is needed - team work, ethics, scoring, and defense.

get real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 12:40 AM
JimmyStart*

Surprised we arent on a 3 game losing streak we have not looked good since the start of the Pitt game. Won Pitt thanks to Cooke imploding and barely beat Fla.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote