HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake? (Cont'd)

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2011, 03:25 AM
Trapper2530

vCash: 500
not a flyers fan but hoping you guys can help me, i saw on the old thread that some people were talking about modells, i ordered a customized premiere from there 40% off and its ironed on, kind of sucks... i was wondering how the Edge jerseys were customized from there and if they came with the C or A patch on them as well

thanks

Old
03-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper2530 View Post
not a flyers fan but hoping you guys can help me, i saw on the old thread that some people were talking about modells, i ordered a customized premiere from there 40% off and its ironed on, kind of sucks... i was wondering how the Edge jerseys were customized from there and if they came with the C or A patch on them as well

thanks
I bought a Pronger Winter Classic on sale from them last season and it had the multi-layer customization that were decent size and did spread over the orange arm stripes in an acceptable manner... it was heat pressed on but seems to be on fast and probably will not come unglued. The jersey was off the rack and not ordered. The jersey did no have the 'A'... I had it added by the SkateZone; sewn on for about $8.00... I'd assume that none of their jerseys would have a letter with the possible exception of Richards and his 'C'. I assume that only because I have seen that as a stock item in many retail racks.

When Reebok first came out and I was not familiar with the quality of the customization, I purchased a Briere black home that had the smaller single-ply 'twilled' plastic-ish numbers and letters... I looks decent -- without the arm stripes the smaller numbers are not nearly as obvious -- That one was a stock issue which was sewn on and not heat pressed like the FanGear crap sold at the Wells Fargo Center.

HTH

Old
03-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Trapper2530

thanks i orderd a white hossa premiere from there that had to be customized and ironed on, and i saw the Edge jerseys would only be like 220something after customization and once i got my current duncan keith or toews signed i was thinking of buying the real deal once on sale again but if they are also ironed on i still dont think it would be worth it.

thanks btw after the hawks the orange flyers jersey is my favorite with the white nameplate and black lettering

Old
03-26-2011, 11:08 PM
flountown

Quote:
thanks i orderd a white hossa premiere from there that had to be customized and ironed on, and i saw the Edge jerseys would only be like 220something after customization and once i got my current duncan keith or toews signed i was thinking of buying the real deal once on sale again but if they are also ironed on i still dont think it would be worth it.

thanks btw after the hawks the orange flyers jersey is my favorite with the white nameplate and black lettering
The authentics will have stitched on customization, but whether or not its correct is the real question. I have heard some bad stories of accuracy issues. Your best bet it to buy one blank and if you are located in Chicago, hit up City Sports Lettering I think its called. They do the on ice customization IIRC.

Old
03-27-2011, 01:21 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:

Not to mislead you... I didn't follow what you wrote clear enough... What I was speaking of were also Premiers, NOT Edges... I think Edge jerseys are all sown on rather than heat pressed, but I'd double check that with them before proceeding.

Sorry for the mi up... Good luck.

Old
03-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
The authentics will have stitched on customization, but whether or not its correct is the real question. I have heard some bad stories of accuracy issues. Your best bet it to buy one blank and if you are located in Chicago, hit up City Sports Lettering I think its called. They do the on ice customization IIRC.
I'd say that is sound advice from one who knows his stuff, Flountown... If he were in the Philly area I'd suggest his going the blank route with SkateZone. You can't go wrong with a blank and a quality shop who has a great track record... In the case of SZ we have he people who actually do the Flyers on ice jerseys and the same exact lettering/numbering used with them. As I posted here before, I did a Giroux and my son a Timonen there with fantastic results... and we each got them signed a the Flyers meet and greet event. Kimo did a better autograph than Roo did though... Roo was sloppy while Kimo was neat. The best was Briere, although the jersey was the cheap one I posted about... Danny does such an outstanding autograph when you ask for it to be personally signed to 'you', he takes his time and adds a personal best wishes to it... Briere is a class act... Kimo was not that far behind though as he took care also. I guess the older guys understand more than the kids.

Old
03-27-2011, 03:37 AM
Trapper2530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
I'd say that is sound advice from one who knows his stuff, Flountown... If he were in the Philly area I'd suggest his going the blank route with SkateZone. You can't go wrong with a blank and a quality shop who has a great track record... In the case of SZ we have he people who actually do the Flyers on ice jerseys and the same exact lettering/numbering used with them. As I posted here before, I did a Giroux and my son a Timonen there with fantastic results... and we each got them signed a the Flyers meet and greet event. Kimo did a better autograph than Roo did though... Roo was sloppy while Kimo was neat. The best was Briere, although the jersey was the cheap one I posted about... Danny does such an outstanding autograph when you ask for it to be personally signed to 'you', he takes his time and adds a personal best wishes to it... Briere is a class act... Kimo was not that far behind though as he took care also. I guess the older guys understand more than the kids.
i collect some autographs myself and wouldnt get a that expensive of a jersey signed, id always be eyeing it in the case and wanting to wear it lol but it does seem like older guys take there time and make it neat, Bobby hulls and Tony espositos are real nice, while patrick kanes is messy and hossa(although somewhat older) is just 2 scribbles with no way of every figuring out if he didnt put 81 but even someone like Derrick Rose is just a "D R #1"

but thanks for the help on the jersey yeah the premiere is cheap still have the tags on thinking of trying to unload it on ebay or something or just get it signed(Even though i wouldnt really want hossa auto on a jersey, i try to stick with guys are/were/going to be really great on that team for jerseys) maybe ill try the blank one b/c as aggravated i was with the premiere if the EDGE isnt sewed ill be more pissed

Old
03-28-2011, 12:52 PM
flountown

If anyone is interested in a XXL Richards Premiere, my buddy is trying to get rid of it for a very reasonable price. Jersey is the home orange.

Old
04-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Pronger jerseys for sale

I don't know how long this sale has been going on or if it has been already posted, but River City Sports has Pronger Winter classic jerseys on sale for $59. As of 3:30 PM April 2nd, they have all sizes still available.

https://www.rivercitysports.com/us/d...cfm?sku=157379

Old
04-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I don't know how long this sale has been going on or if it has been already posted, but River City Sports has Pronger Winter classic jerseys on sale for $59. As of 3:30 PM April 2nd, they have all sizes still available.

https://www.rivercitysports.com/us/d...cfm?sku=157379
For curiosity, do you know the shipping and handling charges? I appears that you have to go all the way through the Credit Card info before finding out the shipping... and I refuse to put in that data to find shipping to the East Coast US states.

Postage to the US could turn a great deal into one that can be easily beat at a retail store that has it on clearance... and there have been some.

Old
04-02-2011, 04:38 PM
dookie88

I'd totally would get one of those if anyone could tell me if River City Sports does ship to Europe and if yes how much shipping would cost.

Old
04-02-2011, 04:53 PM
BlackDog13

Quote:
For curiosity, do you know the shipping and handling charges? I appears that you have to go all the way through the Credit Card info before finding out the shipping... and I refuse to put in that data to find shipping to the East Coast US states.

Postage to the US could turn a great deal into one that can be easily beat at a retail store that has it on clearance... and there have been some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
I'd totally would get one of those if anyone could tell me if River City Sports does ship to Europe and if yes how much shipping would cost.
Try contacting River City (if you haven't already) to see what shipping would be to your respective locales.

Old
04-02-2011, 05:01 PM
dookie88

https://www.rivercitysports.com/us/info-06.cfm#shipping

20 bucks doesn't sound that bad, considering that some jersey sellers want 45.

Old
04-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog13 View Post
Try contacting River City (if you haven't already) to see what shipping would be to your respective locales.
Thanks, I could do that... BUT you'd think that a respectable company who is selling through a website would detail the entire cost including shipping BEFORE taking the CC info... Who makes purchases or gives payment info without the bottom line number?

I guess I was really asking if there was a place to go to get the shipping cost that I couldn't find.

Old
04-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
https://www.rivercitysports.com/us/info-06.cfm#shipping

20 bucks doesn't sound that bad, considering that some jersey sellers want 45.
Thanks... didn't think of the help section although I suppose I should have, duh haha... Still, it should be in the checkout section before he payment IMO.

In the case of non-locals around the US & outside, the $15.00 or $20,00 still makes it a nice deal... But for people in the Philly area it puts it at $75.00 and well above the clearance prices... But a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush if you don't know who has it and what sizes some do have... I'd check Modells and the TJ Maxx type stores that did have hem recently for cheap first.

Old
04-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

I don't know the shipping, but I do get annoyed at how far you have to go in the ordering process before shipping is added to the cost.

Old
04-02-2011, 06:05 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Thanks... didn't think of the help section although I suppose I should have, duh haha... Still, it should be in the checkout section before he payment IMO.

In the case of non-locals around the US & outside, the $15.00 or $20,00 still makes it a nice deal... But for people in the Philly area it puts it at $75.00 and well above the clearance prices... But a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush if you don't know who has it and what sizes some do have... I'd check Modells and the TJ Maxx type stores that did have hem recently for cheap first.
Yeah I was too lazy, too, at first.
It's the best deal I've seen so far via Internet, if you order one at icejerseys.com to europe you're pretty quickly at $220 with customization and shipping.

Old
04-02-2011, 09:59 PM
FlyersRSC09
Flying Raven

Quote:
It's the best deal I've seen so far via Internet, if you order one at icejerseys.com to europe you're pretty quickly at $220 with customization and shipping.
Has anyone ever ordered through icejerseys.com? I know they hand sew everything but they don't seem to have any pictures of finished products. The Giroux featured in the "gear up for the playoffs" picture doesn't have overlapping numbers on the sleeves. After looking through a couple sites, including sportsk.com, I noticed the same trend in their finished product pics. Just curious. I already dropped off my Flyers blanks at SZ, can't beat the price and convenience, but I was looking into those sites for a U.S. Olympics jersey.

Old
04-02-2011, 10:25 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersRSC09 View Post
Has anyone ever ordered through icejerseys.com? I know they hand sew everything but they don't seem to have any pictures of finished products. The Giroux featured in the "gear up for the playoffs" picture doesn't have overlapping numbers on the sleeves. After looking through a couple sites, including sportsk.com, I noticed the same trend in their finished product pics. Just curious. I already dropped off my Flyers blanks at SZ, can't beat the price and convenience, but I was looking into those sites for a U.S. Olympics jersey.
i've used ice jerseys. stitching was great. everything else when it came to new flyers jerseys sucked. wrong nameplate material. wrong lettering. this was last summer and every place was havin trouble getting the right kits then. it might be different now. but i'd stick with skate zone. they ship to the place that does the actual flyers jerseys. i sent ice jerseys a picture of what was wrong and why, and they said they couldnt tell the difference. thats the real reason i think they suck.

Old
04-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
I wish I were merely too lazy at any point... I just didn't think to look under customer service and help. Believe me, I looked everywhere else on the site for anything resembling a shipping/delivery section or button... I guess I'm just used to having Customer Service there only for help after the purchase... I'll have to learn and try that next time something is missing on orders.

I'd imagine it is difficult and expensive, as well as limited, when you follow a team from a far away place... I feel so lucky at times like this. Good, luck, my friend.

Old
04-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
i've used ice jerseys. stitching was great. everything else when it came to new flyers jerseys sucked. wrong nameplate material. wrong lettering. this was last summer and every place was havin trouble getting the right kits then. it might be different now. but i'd stick with skate zone. they ship to the place that does the actual flyers jerseys. i sent ice jerseys a picture of what was wrong and why, and they said they couldnt tell the difference. thats the real reason i think they suck.
Yeah... any place that can't tell the difference is not a place I want doing my jersey.

Old
04-03-2011, 05:03 AM
dookie88

Quote:
I wish I were merely too lazy at any point... I just didn't think to look under customer service and help. Believe me, I looked everywhere else on the site for anything resembling a shipping/delivery section or button... I guess I'm just used to having Customer Service there only for help after the purchase... I'll have to learn and try that next time something is missing on orders.

I'd imagine it is difficult and expensive, as well as limited, when you follow a team from a far away place... I feel so lucky at times like this. Good, luck, my friend.
Yeah the design of this site is pretty ...um, not so good.
And thanks!

Quote:
Yeah... any place that can't tell the difference is not a place I want doing my jersey.
That's what I'm thinking aswell, I'm not sure about the font of the name on the Pronger one but since it's a good deal and I'm not going to wear it more than a few times a year, it's not worth it to me to spend 150€ or more.
There's also no way anyone would ever notice if it was a wrong font here in Germany.

Old
04-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Yeah the design of this site is pretty ...um, not so good.
And thanks!

That's what I'm thinking aswell, I'm not sure about the font of the name on the Pronger one but since it's a good deal and I'm not going to wear it more than a few times a year, it's not worth it to me to spend 150€ or more.
There's also no way anyone would ever notice if it was a wrong font here in Germany.
If it's one of those stock ones that were sold pre personalized off the racks here last season it will be more than merely fine... I have one that I bought on sale at Modells and even though it is heat pressed it is dual layered and of nice letter/number material... It is not as nice as the Giroux one I had made up a SkateZone which is a Flyers on-ice kit but the numbers on it are only slightly smaller and much bigger than the ones from the Wells Fargo FanGear... they do overflow the sleeve stripe. It is far superior to the knockoffs seen around the Arena. If theirs is like the one from Modells it will be fine and a good deal.

Old
04-04-2011, 12:06 PM
flountown

Before we jump on IceJerseys and other retailers. They are only using the kits the NHL supplies them. If you contact them with exactly what you are looking for and give them specific pictures of where their kit deviates from the on ice version, they will happily change and adjust the customization to your liking.

Old
04-05-2011, 12:40 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

There is a dude on ebay who will do any number kit for like 18-23 bucks, this includes the wild wing and islanders fisherman fonts.

I have about 73 jerseys myself, and I have played in all of them, regardless of price, but then again I play an awful lot and like to look fresh.

Closed Thread