HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Man-games lost to injury - Rangers ranked 10th

Old
03-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 1647
Rangers are 10th, Hurricanes 30th. And yet the Rangers and Canes are fighting it out with Beefalo for the 7th +8th spots. Shows the quality and character of this team, and the luck of the Canes.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 02:59 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
No way. Just look at the Islanders. They were hit way worse than we were. Okposo (one of their top forwards), Streit (their #1 D-man), and DiPietro (their #1 goalie) missed most of the season.

You think we'd be having a solid season if Dubinsky, Staal, and Hank were out most of the year?
Yeah... DP is only #1 by title. Last time i heard him mentioned the announcers were joking about how he won a game without getting injured. Except that's the sad truth. It is actually an accomplishment for him to play 60 minutes without getting hurt.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 05:41 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Keep in mind the Rangers also lost some of their most important players to injuries.

Don't want the numbers to make anyone less impressed with how we handled the injury riddled 1st half of the season. We really overcame.
Our key players have missed like 40 games (Dubi, Gabby, Cally, Staal and co). If you count in Prospal it equals missing one key player all year. Its not that bad.

Most of our lost man-games comes from White, Boogie, Drury, Frolov and co, a long with Prospal of course.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:50 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Our key players have missed like 40 games (Dubi, Gabby, Cally, Staal and co). If you count in Prospal it equals missing one key player all year. Its not that bad.

Most of our lost man-games comes from White, Boogie, Drury, Frolov and co, a long with Prospal of course.
I'm talking about the first half, where Cally, Gabby and Prospal, Vinny P. too, all missed significant time. Dubi missed some games.

We've been relatively healthy since the second half started. Biron is the only injury that hurts.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:56 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

White's hurt? I thought he was in the AHL? That wouldn't count towards this list.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 07:15 AM
iamjs
Unregistered User

I'm not surprised about the Isles being #1. There has to be about 120 games lost to DiPi and Streit alone. I thought the Penguins would have been much higher, like at least third or fourth.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post
I'm not surprised about the Isles being #1. There has to be about 120 games lost to DiPi and Streit alone. I thought the Penguins would have been much higher, like at least third or fourth.
As mentioned on the main boards, with the penguins its due much more to quality over quantity. With guys down like Crosby, Malkin, Orpik, their losses are much more significant than most other teams.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote