HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Received my TPS (TKACHUK) Sticks today but....

Old
03-25-2011, 01:37 PM
GLG

vCash: 500
Received my TPS (TKACHUK) Sticks today but....

you guys remember this thread http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=891597

well i did order the sticks and they arrived just a few minutes ago. I was like a kid at Christmas waiting for them today (tracked it on UPS' site). I opened the box and the sticks are either JUNIOR or INTERMEDIATE not Senior!

Of course I called Perani's and they said I can return them, the Customer Service agent told me that these sticks are labelled as SR.... WTF! Diameter, flex and length of the stick are dead giveaways that the stick isn't a Senior model.

Seems like I can't win and I was so close....

GLG

GLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 01:43 PM
hattrick3518

There should be a demarkation on them. The one TPS Response I have has "i" clearly marked on it, its very lightweight, obviously, but the shaft radius is smaller and its all very noticeable. Is there no marking on them that states the size?

hattrick3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 02:07 PM
GLG

No markings on it except it says TKACHUK
STIFF FLEX... just shipped them back right now.

Old
03-25-2011, 02:15 PM
ponder

Good god you've made a tonne of threads about this one curve!

With that being said, if they actually sent you intermediate/junior sticks, when you ordered a senior stick, then you definitely should be able to get your money back. What flex is marked on the stick, and how long is it from the butt end to the heel? If you take a photo of the marked flex, and of the stick length with a measuring tape beside it, it shouldn't be hard to prove that they incorrectly sent you an intermediate or junior stick. If I was sent a junior/int when I had clearly ordered a senior there's no way I'd accept it.

Of course, this all could have been avoided if you'd took the advice of numerous posters in your many previous threads and just went to a store and bought a virtually identical curve that is still in production, like an Easton Zetterberg or Bauer PM9. You're just playing ball hockey with them so slight differences in the curve should barely effect your game, photos of your Tkachuck curve look virtually identical to a PM9 or Zetterberg.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 02:18 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLG View Post
No markings on it except it says TKACHUK
STIFF FLEX... just shipped them back right now.
It said "stiff flex"? I could be wrong, it's been a long time since I had a TPS stick, but I'm pretty sure they sent you a senior then. From what I remember the seniors come in "stiff", "regular" and "whip" flexes, while the ints just came in "intermediate" flex.

Last edited by ponder: 03-25-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old
03-25-2011, 02:33 PM
GLG

Stiff flex on these 2 sticks was not stiff, maybe for "I" or "J" cause when I flexed it it bent pretty good. My TPS is stiff so I know the difference. These stiff flex were more "whip" than stiff. Plus the shaft radius is not senior, the diameter pales in comparison to my senior sticks.

In terms of me and this pattern, it's s personal preference my friend "Ponder", I'm very particular with patterns & even though I play ball hockey and respect your advice I an entitled to use a pattern of my liking.

This forum is a hockey help place right? So that's why I post here to try & get help to find something that I need/like. If you think it's too much that I post about this pattern, that's your opinion but I haven't done anything wrong or disrespected anyone in the process. All I'm doing is trying to find what I like and have been playing with for years. Even though the Zetterberg or PM9 are similar I don't like those curves/blade shape hence not using them.

Thanks for your input & I'm sure I'll be getting a full refund once the sticks are received in the USA.

GLG

Old
03-25-2011, 02:43 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Stiff flex on these 2 sticks was not stiff, maybe for "I" or "J" cause when I flexed it it bent pretty good. My TPS is stiff so I know the difference. These stiff flex were more "whip" than stiff. Plus the shaft radius is not senior, the diameter pales in comparison to my senior sticks.

In terms of me and this pattern, it's s personal preference my friend "Ponder", I'm very particular with patterns & even though I play ball hockey and respect your advice I an entitled to use a pattern of my liking.

This forum is a hockey help place right? So that's why I post here to try & get help to find something that I need/like. If you think it's too much that I post about this pattern, that's your opinion but I haven't done anything wrong or disrespected anyone in the process. All I'm doing is trying to find what I like and have been playing with for years. Even though the Zetterberg or PM9 are similar I don't like those curves/blade shape hence not using them.

Thanks for your input & I'm sure I'll be getting a full refund once the sticks are received in the USA.

GLG
next time, make ONE thread about your issue, not the three or four you've posted... that's what ponder is trying to say

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 02:51 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
next time, make ONE thread about your issue, not the three or four you've posted... that's what ponder is trying to say
Pretty much, sorry if I came off a touch harsh but it just seems a bit unnecessary to make so many threads about your search for one curve.

Old
03-25-2011, 02:53 PM
GLG

Sorry fellas, live & learn. Won't happen again & no it didn't comd across harsh Ponder, it's all good

Old
03-25-2011, 03:12 PM
thedonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Good god you've made a tonne of threads about this one curve!

With that being said, if they actually sent you intermediate/junior sticks, when you ordered a senior stick, then you definitely should be able to get your money back. What flex is marked on the stick, and how long is it from the butt end to the heel? If you take a photo of the marked flex, and of the stick length with a measuring tape beside it, it shouldn't be hard to prove that they incorrectly sent you an intermediate or junior stick. If I was sent a junior/int when I had clearly ordered a senior there's no way I'd accept it.

Of course, this all could have been avoided if you'd took the advice of numerous posters in your many previous threads and just went to a store and bought a virtually identical curve that is still in production, like an Easton Zetterberg or Bauer PM9. You're just playing ball hockey with them so slight differences in the curve should barely effect your game, photos of your Tkachuck curve look virtually identical to a PM9 or Zetterberg.
are you serious? ...for ice hockey or even inline for that matter, i can somewhat understand the obsession for a particular curve. but for ball hockey? you can use a blade with no curve and it wouldn't make a difference.

sorry to be a bit harsh about but it really is that funny to me.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 03:17 PM
GLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
are you serious? ...for ice hockey or even inline for that matter, i can somewhat understand the obsession for a particular curve. but for ball hockey? you can use a blade with no curve and it wouldn't make a difference.

sorry to be a bit harsh about but it really is that funny to me.
I guess you've never played competetive ball hockey then. I play in a league, not something like pick up. As I stated earlier everyone has a preference of what pattern/curve they like to use, for me it's TKACHUK.

By the way I also play ICE.

Old
03-25-2011, 04:38 PM
dabeechman

What exactly is ball hockey?

Do you wear skates, or do you just run around?

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 05:08 PM
AIREAYE

you're kidding ^

Old
03-25-2011, 05:26 PM
GLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
What exactly is ball hockey?

Do you wear skates, or do you just run around?

Ball Hockey is played in an arena on the concrete floor. You are required to wear a helmet & gloves after that it's up to each individual to wear what they want.

I wear a helmet w/half visor, gloves, jock, soccer shin pads, running shoes (that's pretty much what everyone wears, some wear elbow pads) & some just wear helmet & gloves.

League is very competetive as winners of each Tier go to the Provincials (tournament for all Tier winners across Ontario).

You can look up NWTBHL.COM or YCBHL.COM if you need/want more info.

GLG

Old
03-25-2011, 05:31 PM
mhkehoe

That curve looks so close to the PM9. I even took an image from IW and lined it up over the blade in Photoshop, and it lines up perfectly with the ones you bought in the picture, and almost perfect with the one you have (though this slight difference could be due to the angle the picture was taken).

But I guess if you've tried it and don't like it, there isn't much to say. I'm still looking for a blade I "love".

mhkehoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 06:12 PM
kingscourt26

Quote:
you're kidding ^
I have actually never heard of it either. Here in SoCal we have Roller and Ice hockey. Some roller leagues play with a ball and others with a gliding puck.

We used to play with a ball and tennis shoes in grade school but there is no organized ball hockey in the area that I'm aware of.

kingscourt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2011, 09:16 PM
dabeechman

Quote:
you're kidding ^
No, I just enjoy wasting my time by asking pointless questions of which I already know the answer to...

Old
03-26-2011, 12:40 AM
blueberrydanish

Ball hockey is basically like organized street hockey except in gyms/designated areas.

Cheaper to afford than playin ice so there is a pretty good sum of people who play it especially up north since hockeys so popular period

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 01:12 AM
kampton

Quote:
Ball Hockey is played in an arena on the concrete floor. You are required to wear a helmet & gloves after that it's up to each individual to wear what they want.

I wear a helmet w/half visor, gloves, jock, soccer shin pads, running shoes (that's pretty much what everyone wears, some wear elbow pads) & some just wear helmet & gloves.

League is very competetive as winners of each Tier go to the Provincials (tournament for all Tier winners across Ontario).

You can look up NWTBHL.COM or YCBHL.COM if you need/want more info.

GLG
A visor for ball hockey? Really?

kampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 01:20 AM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampton View Post
I am sure they have high sticks, just like with ice or roller.

Old
03-26-2011, 12:48 PM
GLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampton View Post
As I said earlier some wear the visor, some wear full cage & some wear just a helmet. To each his own and I like my eyes & vision, don't wanna risk an injury.

GLG

Old
03-26-2011, 01:22 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
No, I just enjoy wasting my time by asking pointless questions of which I already know the answer to...
sorry, it's just that I thought ball hockey was the most basic form of the sport, I'm surprised.

Old
03-26-2011, 01:35 PM
GLG

Quote:
sorry, it's just that I thought ball hockey was the most basic form of the sport, I'm surprised.
I know ball hockey is huge in Toronto & surrounding areas and as a poster said "up north" hockey is very popular. It's cheaper than ice for sure and a great way to stay in shape.

Here's a YouTube post so u can see some ball hockey action from the 2008 championships in Vancouver, BC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=696Sf...e_gdata_player

GLG