HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #75 : Kings vs. Avalanche - Saturday, 3/26/’11 @ 1:00 pm PST

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
heidi can gladly 'fluff' me anytime she wants

Old
03-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
She just does interviews and look pretty. She can barley do half of that, I wouldn't want to give her any more duties.
She knows how to party.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
She knows how to party.
Haha. I wouldn't expect anything less from her.

Old
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Unconfirmed sources. Support staff mainly.
What you are saying makes no sense.

If it's been determined to be a broken ankle, it would have been reported by Bob and Jim already.

I think they need to conduct X-rays and MRI to determine the extent of the injury. I am going to guess that your "radio report" is wrong.

Old
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
I'm not one to buy into the constant "tank" talk but that move sure reeked of purposeful tanking. Anderson was struggling a bit (still much better than Elliott) but I don't think the Avs wanted to keep around a goalie that has a habit of stealing games for a team that didn't deserve to win, as you saw him do practically all last season for Colorado and you're seeing the same now with Ottawa.
True. He got a nice little extension in Ottawa too. I dont think the Avs have had a legit goalie since Roy.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:20 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
I'm not one to buy into the constant "tank" talk but that move sure reeked of purposeful tanking. Anderson was struggling a bit (still much better than Elliott) but I don't think the Avs wanted to keep around a goalie that has a habit of stealing games for a team that didn't deserve to win, as you saw him do practically all last season for Colorado and you're seeing the same now with Ottawa.
I also think the success of Anderson in Ottawa shows just how unhappy he was in Colorado. He has been terrible for them this year, and he goes to a team almost as bad as the team he leaves and has been playing amazing. If your season is over, and you won't be re-signing him, why keep a guy on the team around young players that don't want to be there? Basically trade him, you aren't losing anything, and maybe you get something in Elliott. It was a way to try out a new goalie for nothing.

Old
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
If he goes down and doesn't come back, yeah, the Cup dream is dead. But this is a defense first club. So now the team needs to rely on their defense and goaltending even more. They will rely on that and get in and could even do something without him.

Old
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
So nobody really knows why Brayden Schenn can't be called up? Can somebody show me why he can't be on the Kings roster until Saskatoon gets eliminated? Because I can't find it.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:21 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

From TSN

Old
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Oh I don't know, maybe because the Kings, her employer, are not giving anymore information than just a lower body injury?
Pretty much. Now, I'm not contesting any arguments that Heidi is anything more than fluff. That is and always has been obvious and I like Heidi. I just don't understand why anyone would expect Heidi to break any news. As I said, Hammond doesn't even break news. Why would we expect Heidi to? And why would Lombardi and co. want Heidi to go on air and speculate with unsubstantiated rumors? Wouldn't happen.

CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
What you are saying makes no sense.

If it's been determined to be a broken ankle, it would have been reported by Bob and Jim already.

I think they need to conduct X-rays and MRI to determine the extent of the injury. I am going to guess that your "radio report" is wrong.
Oh really? Look back at Doughty. He had a concussion. The team failed to ever say that. It was ALWAYS listed as upper body injury. If it's a broken ankle, you can be damn sure the team will only call it a lowe body injury, which they already have.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:22 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
From TSN

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! get that outta here!

Old
03-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Unconfirmed sources. Support staff mainly.
Ahhhh yes, Dancing Boys "sources". Wonder if its the same "source" that told him Lindros to the Kings was a done deal. Or maybe it's the "source" that told him the Kings and Coyotes had a deal that would go through at 9:01 am EST this past trade deadline.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Avs are going half-speed in this game...haven't seen a team play this badly since the Columbus game earlier this season.

Or was it last season?

Old
CNS
A World Alone

Adrian Dater claiming it's a knee injury.

Old
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Whoa, the players going on the cruise this year are EPIC. Hmm, wonder if I can convince the husband to go.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:24 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

What radio station even said it?

Old
SLang

Damn pic makes me want to cry.

Old
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Oh really? Look back at Doughty. He had a concussion. The team failed to ever say that. It was ALWAYS listed as upper body injury. If it's a broken ankle, you can be damn sure the team will only call it a lowe body injury, which they already have.
But that was pretty obvious.

With so many bones and ligaments in that part of the leg, it's in no way obvious.

Old
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
Guy..

You asked me to name you two players in the past ten years that came up from "juniours" to be the number one center.. Not name you two players that came up from "juniours" late in the season due to injury. I answered your question correctly, maybe you need to stop asking your questions the wrong way.
Sorry I thought it was clear that we were looking at any comparable situation because any other situation simply doesn't make sense.

The fact of the matter is that Schenn isn't ready to come up and fill any first line center in the NHL shoes let alone one of the top ten in the game. The Kings have kept their hands out of the cookie jar with him for a reason and why would they chance ruining all of that time invested in developing him only to say "our playoff chances are all on your shoulders kid. Sorry it has to happen this way but you either have to produce at a star level or your gonna look bad oh, and we know that you aren't projected to be a number one center in the nhl but we gotta have what we gotta have regardless of the outcome".

When his team is eliminated call him up like they had planned on doing and if Kopitar is still out then of course you put Schenn and or anyone else who might be able to handle it in his spot, then the only pressure on the kid is the same as it is on him anywhere else you would put him.

Lets start with a simple question, is Schenn NHL ready? Absolutely, several pundits have said so and I agree completely. Is he ready to be a team leader? Questionable, he has that type of personality but without experience he is going to have a hard time finding followers amoung the vets on the team. Is he ever going to be a number one center in the NHL? Time will tell, I think that he might be able to down the road.

Is he ready to step in and fill Kopitar's shoes today and lead us to a cup? No, if he were Crosby then who knows but he isn't.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:25 PM
lak4ever

This just mean every player has to play 10 times harder and guess what...all of them are capable of doing exactly that. Our season isn't over. Neither are the playoffs.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Shellz

Good job, boys! GO KINGS!

Old
03-26-2011, 06:26 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

yay we won

Old
03-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
PGT UP: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...8#post31924088

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Closed Thread