HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #76 @ Boston Bruins

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #76 @ Boston Bruins
Artem Anisimov 1 0.53%
Brian Boyle 1 0.53%
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Brandon Dubinsky 0 0%
Dan Girardi 31 16.32%
Henrik Lundqvist 151 79.47%
Ryan McDonagh 1 0.53%
Michael Sauer 0 0%
Marc Staal 0 0%
Derek Stepan 2 1.05%
Other 3 1.58%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Abooch68

vCash: 500
Great win however I feel we need to score more goals.. 3 goals in our last 3 games and we managed to get 5 out of a possible 6 points.. crazy..

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 04:22 PM
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

I'm loving how Dan Girardi is playing as of recent, but I gotta go with Henrik on this one.

NYSportsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 04:25 PM
rholt168
Hank**3

Hank<3

Missing the game because of work and getting the highlights from the Boston feed </3

rholt168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 04:28 PM
truebluegoalie

I am as happy as the next ranger fan to get out of boston with 2 points but they definitely got lucky. They had a great defensive game and some solid goaltending but I think they were outplayed at least in the third and the refs missed two calls on the only goal of the game, you can't ignore that, and I don't blame the boston fans for complaining about that, Ranger fans would do the same thing. Even besides those two calls I thought the officiating was, as usual, terrible.

Last edited by truebluegoalie: 03-26-2011 at 04:35 PM.
truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I am as happy as the next ranger fan to get out of boston with 2 points but they definitely got lucky. They had a great defensive game and some solid goaltending but I think they were outplayed and the refs missed two calls on the only goal of the game, you can't ignore that, and I don't blame the boston fans for complaining about that, Ranger fans would do the same thing. Even besides those two calls I thought the officiating was, as usual, terrible.
Yeah but the Rangers scored 7 minutes into the game. Boston had 2 1/2 periods to tie the game and they failed. That is not the fault of the refs. If the same thing happened to the Rangers and they lost 1-0, in no way should people be complaining about the refs.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 04:42 PM
AJRanger

Did a quick recap fwiw - http://www.redwhiteandblueshirts.net/?p=45

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

We got the goalie with the most shootout's and the defender with the most blocked shoots...

Shame our offense can't match our defense lately..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Rangers Lockdown Bruins in Boston.

Alvvays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Oh how much fun, lots of aspiring bloggers.

Front page is updated as of 6:20 PM EST.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Black Tank

I had to watch the NESN feed and it was absolutely hilarious. I don't know or care who these Boston announcers are but they need to make a career change to covering girls under 12 badminton. B/c hockey is entirely too rough for them as they moaned and whined all game long about how the Rangers weren't letting the Bruins do whatever Boston wanted and how the poor Boston players were just not having any fun against these horrible Rangers.

And then take a look at the Bruins board and all the whining and pitiful hand wringing about the Rangers being boring. No, the Rangers were the tougher and harder working team that made the Bruins look like ****. If Boston is lucky they'll get a soft team like Montreal in the POs, if they get a team that smacks them back, they're done.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 05:32 PM
XLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
I had to watch the NESN feed and it was absolutely hilarious. I don't know or care who these Boston announcers are but they need to make a career change to covering girls under 12 badminton. B/c hockey is entirely too rough for them as they moaned and whined all game long about how the Rangers weren't letting the Bruins do whatever Boston wanted and how the poor Boston players were just not having any fun against these horrible Rangers.

And then take a look at the Bruins board and all the whining and pitiful hand wringing about the Rangers being boring. No, the Rangers were the tougher and harder working team that made the Bruins look like ****. If Boston is lucky they'll get a soft team like Montreal in the POs, if they get a team that smacks them back, they're done.
Yeah I'm not very impressed with the bruins. They are overrated. I would love to face them in the playoffs, I think we can beat them.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 05:35 PM
AJRanger

Today was another example of exactly why I want the Bruins in the PO's. We play well against them as a team, Lundqvist has a tremendous record against them and their physicality rarely overawes us. Give me the low-scoring match-up please.

Old
03-26-2011, 05:43 PM
dogfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan89 View Post
POTG: Henrik for sure, because of the SO. If no shutout: Girardi
The Bad: Zuccarello/Wolski
The Redden: Mounting injuries/scares to Lundqvist
I dont get that koke the bad zuccarello the guy didnt play.

I dont know how you can say wolski was bad he played great he won a lot of board battles broke up alot of plays in the defensive zone created on the power play took hits to make plays steals in the offensive zone forchecking hard and cycling the puck.

honestly there was no one who really had a bad game at worst some players were average like anisimov and a litlte worse for prosmal

dogfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 05:51 PM
haveandare

I was at work for this one sadly. Henrik was on fire from the sounds of it though huh?

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
I was at work for this one sadly. Henrik was on fire from the sounds of it though huh?
Yes and no. The Rangers controlled the play the first two periods and there were long stretches in the middle of the game where the Bruins hardly got a shot through. But in the second half of the third period, either the Rangers ran out of steam or the Bruins responded to getting booed in their barn b/c the Bruins just camped in our end of the ice and Lundquist had to make saves through a sea of legs and sticks. That's when he shut the door on a manic Boston attack and earned the SO.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:03 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
Yes and no. The Rangers controlled the play the first two periods and there were long stretches in the middle of the game where the Bruins hardly got a shot through. But in the second half of the third period, either the Rangers ran out of steam or the Bruins responded to getting booed in their barn b/c the Bruins just camped in our end of the ice and Lundquist had to make saves through a sea of legs and sticks. That's when he shut the door on a manic Boston attack and earned the SO.
Thanks for the recap. Sounds like it was tense for a while. Its good to see Lunqvist lock it up against a potential playoff opponent like that but it sucks that the team kind of forced him to when it was most important.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:10 PM
AJRanger

Hank was good in the third, but a ton of credit has to go to the D for blocking 18 shots in the third. That's right, 18 blocks in one period. Giving all the credit to Hank really is quite unfair.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Stone Clode
Kicks him, stunner!!

Hey, Bruins fan here...

Just wanna say was quite a good game to watch despite the lack of goal scoring. I have tons of respect for your team, Rangers play a very tough game and absolutely deserved the win tonight despite the last few minutes when the Bruins attempted to score. It is looking more and more like the Rangers will pass the Canadiens for 6th and this will be a preview of a first round matchup between the two teams. I hope it is because that would be one hell of an exciting first round matchup. I wish you guys the best of luck the rest of the way, and hopefully we will see you sometime in the playoffs.

Cheers!

Stone Clode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:24 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Nice win boys!!

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 06:44 PM
rody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Girardi made was really solid defensively (he certainly grows with MS besides him...).

But he had a few pretty bad plays on the PP today, and while I am not crapping on him in particular, we as a team really really really lack that ability to make plays from the blueline.

One example when Girardi screwed up was on the PP in the 3rd. There was a fight for the puck in the left corner, Boston overloaded with 3 players in the corner (and still had 1 guy infront of the net), and we managed to work the puck to Girardi who was over on the left side at the blueline. Instead of passing the puck over to Gabby, I think, who was at the right point basically, he slammed the puck back into the corner were Boston had three guys.

A good D can make that "D-to-D" pass with ease. You can basically throw away a whole PP by a sloppy play like that, and we get way to many of them.
Girardi is the only Ranger that is not allowed to make one mistake in a game.

rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Great day for me,

Knocked off the number 1 team in the country in D2 lax, got off the field and found out the Rangers won.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 07:15 PM
darko

Hank has sub-2 GAA and .931 SV% in March. 3 shutouts as well. (12 games).

We blocked 29 shots tonight. Wow. Boyle had 5, McDonagh and Girardi 4 each. There must be few sore boys tonight.

Tied with Habs who have 1 game in hand. Habs are losing to Caps 1-0 (in progress)
2 points behind Tampa who have 2 games in hand. Tampa is tied 2-2 with Canes (in progress). They play Canes again tommorow in Carolina.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Hank has sub-2 GAA and .931 SV% in March. 3 shutouts as well. (12 games).

We blocked 29 shots tonight. Wow. Boyle had 5, McDonagh and Girardi 4 each. There must be few sore boys tonight.

Tied with Habs who have 1 game in hand. Habs are losing to Caps 1-0 (in progress)
2 points behind Tampa who have 2 games in hand. Tampa is tied 2-2 with Canes (in progress). They play Canes again tommorow in Carolina.
They played yesterday, I don't think they play them again until a week or so.

Anyways, 5th is not too far out of the conversation.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 07:26 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
They played yesterday, I don't think they play them again until a week or so.

Anyways, 5th is not too far out of the conversation.

Ooops yeah they did.

5th is definitely up for grabs.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Ooops yeah they did.

5th is definitely up for grabs.
I agree. Gimme the 'guinos with or without Crosby.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote