HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Get Shutout Again...

Old
03-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Prairie Habs

vCash: 500
We still have more golas in our last four games (8) than Edmonton had in their last eight games (7)... so that's something...

Prairie Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Vinc360

This team is focusing too much on offense.

Vinc360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
And the idea of using Pleks at the point instead of Subban is pure idiocy.
It's lunacy, plain and simple. Another indication of Jacques Martin being a brilliant coach.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Nothing with this team is easy. Always has come right down to the ****ing wire....always.

Nashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
HomaridII

Very frustrating to watch, specially because the ENTIRE coaching staff seems to have put on the blinders.

Plekanec at the point on the powerplay is an utter failure, STOP trying to give DD PP time by putting Pleks on the point, instead do NOT give Gomez PP time and let DD take his place, can't be any worse FFS.

Eller is your best forward the past few games, PLEASE play him more than 9 mins a game. It took you 2/3 of a season to realize what us here knew from day 1, the kid can't play wing and is a very good center. Please don't wait another 2/3 of a season to give the kid the ice time he deserves.

Your best offensive defensemen are PK Subban and Wizniewski, please play them together on the PP. Yes I know it is a bit awkward, but every time they are on the ice together on the PP, good things happen. Play PK 2 mins on the PP if you have FFS, he can handle it.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I love how some posters on here relegate this team's problems onto Gomez. Seriously, are you people no better than picking a scapegoat and pinning everything on him? I guess not.

Nobody is doing anything well right now. NOBODY. Everyone is to blame for this mess as much as the next guy. This isn't Gomez's fault, nor Cammy's, nor Gio's, not Plek's. The entire team is failing right now and they all deserve to bare the brunt of the blame.
He's been like that all year long and he's the most paid player... he's laughing his ass off on the bench when the team is losing... I say **** him !

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

For anyone who thinks JM will get canned anytime soon don't hold your breath.. Him and Scott Nogoalmez will be around for a while yet..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc333 View Post
I think Martin should start fearing for his job, it's not all on him but a good part of the problem seems to be on him.
The coach can't make the players grow a heart, or grow some balls to get to the front of the net.

We are to small to do anything.

I respect a man like Gionta so so much, he plays his heart out. If everyone played like him we would have no problem.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

the nhl should let us play minnesota few times a year

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
worst player on the ice tonight ? Plekanec...and by far. His worst game in career IMO.

And the idea of using Pleks at the point instead of Subban is pure idiocy.
Hammer and Wiz were both putrid as well.

Cammy and Gomez were par for the course.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Protest the Hero

Don Cherry's an idiot, saying it was karma for running up the score against Minnesota. They didn't even try running up the score, every shot they took went in what were they supposed to do.

About the game, I can't believe Martin's insistance on refusing to use P.K on the powerplay with Wiz, and even with the net empty. He leads all dmen in goals on the team but for some reason he can't play first pp unit.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Anyone using this game to blast martin is just looking for a scapegoat.

Fact of the matter is that the habs cant even complete a tape to tape pass when the opposition is going for a line change. That's not something a coach should help you with at this level.

When this kind of stuff happens, you know you're in a slump. The question now becomes how long it will take to come out of it.

The only forwards that looked good to me tonight were Gionta and Eller. The defensive unit looks gassed.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 08:56 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
For anyone who thinks JM will get canned anytime soon don't hold your breath.. Him and Scott Nogoalmez will be around for a while yet..
Bob Gainey's parting gifts. What a treat.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
He's been like that all year long and he's the most paid player... he's laughing his ass off on the bench when the team is losing... I say **** him !
I don't know what the **** you're talking about. All I see is anger from most players including him on the bench.

I'd love to get a pair of your Gomez-hating-coloured glasses. Hit me up with a link.

Old
BBrowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
if there's one thing we did well tonight it was the physical play. We were hitting and hitting hard.
Its the team that doesn't have the puck that does the hitting.

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

3 shutouts in a row. It's hard to get your head around that. Not able to cheer in 3 games for 1 lousy, stinking goal.

Cool time to get on a sub-arctic cold streak.

Nashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
The coach can't make the players grow a heart, or grow some balls to get to the front of the net.

I respect a man like Gionta so so much, he plays his heart out. If everyone played like him we would have no problem.
Bad managers can kill hearts and snip off the balls. Jacques Martin is a ****ing Bill Lumbergh.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Thank god the Canes lost. We look incapable of doing anything. They have a game in hand on us and if we win 1 of our last 6 (doubt the Habs lose em all) we get 89 points (putrid considering 2 weeks ago we were on pace for 98). All the Canes would have to do is go 5-2 and they're in. Tough but not out of the question. They can help that by beating Montreal on Wednesday but have to get by Washington first. If they win both those, it's a whole new ballgame and they're 1 point back of 8th with a game in hand (wins tiebreaker doesn't belong to them so 1 point back is essentially a win back). Why is it that no matter how good we seem at some point, we'll just end up with 93 ****ing points again? (see 03-04, 05-06, 08-09)

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Habsfan22100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
Don Cherry's an idiot, saying it was karma for running up the score against Minnesota. They didn't even try running up the score, every shot they took went in what were they supposed to do.

About the game, I can't believe Martin's insistance on refusing to use P.K on the powerplay with Wiz, and even with the net empty. He leads all dmen in goals on the team but for some reason he can't play first pp unit.
Yet Boston won by the exact same margin

Habsfan22100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gainey#1*

I look at our roster, and these are the players who I believe are giving 100% every shift.

Gionta
Subban
Gill
Mara
Price
Eller
Darche

That's all I got.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
habsinsideout1 Dave Stubbs

People understand that #Habs are not by any means assured of making playoffs, right?

Maybe it's not the people that should understand this but the players.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 08:59 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I don't know what the **** you're talking about. All I see is anger from most players including him on the bench.

I'd love to get a pair of your Gomez-hating-coloured glasses. Hit me up with a link.
If you saw the game on CBC you would know what I'm taking about... but keep defending is ass... good for you...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Coldplay
Courage

PK needs to quit taking dumb penalty after dumb penalty. It's getting to the point where it's detrimental to the team.

/quickrant

Old
TheBuriedHab

BGL twitter On Martin : GeorgesLaraque
An other shutout against the Canadiens,will u finally believe me when I'm telling you coming from the guys themselves that he lost his room?

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post

Funny how you could take your last paragraph and apply it for the last 12 years, just replace Gionta with Koivu.

I was not happy with what Bob Gainey had done when he blew up the team and made a small team even smaller!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote