HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Get Shutout Again...

Old
03-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Native

vCash: 500
to me, price, gio and eller played with urgency, other than that, what a total mess. so many unforced errors, guys standing around and not taking initiative. felt like 10-0 to me.

plec's is totally off and if still injured, he's better off in the press box. in general we couldn't make any decent transition passes, no real pressure on the forecheck, minimal crashing or traffic and all disjointed.

we are going nowhere fast and its unsettling especially at this time.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LastRide

What's all the *****ing about. Three loses in a row with three shutouts. Wake up and smell the coffee. GO HABS GO!

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
If you saw the game on CBC you would know what I'm taking about... but keep defending is ass... good for you...
I was watching Gomez closely tonight, and the way he is beaking at the officials and other players, I really do believe he cares.

But for whatever reason, he doesn't show it on the ice. With his speed and vision, there is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be putting up 70 points every year.

It's time to bury him in the minors next year.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:01 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

"Realize... something?"
Is Gomez ordering a pizza on his cell phone

Fans should of been screaming refund! refund! refund! instead of booing.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

I'm probably one of JM's biggest haters here but not scoring a goal in 3 straight games is all on the players and not the coach.. The players have no sense of urgency,no emotion and no intensity.. If we even make it to the playoffs we will be in 8th..

This last games as probably been one of the saddest displays of hockey I've ever seen from all my years of watching Habs hockey..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
If you saw the game on CBC you would know what I'm taking about... but keep defending is ass... good for you...
he was visibly pissed off on the bench and on the ice all game. Him and Cammy were the only two forwards that looked like they at least cared.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Very frustrating to watch, specially because the ENTIRE coaching staff seems to have put on the blinders.

Plekanec at the point on the powerplay is an utter failure, STOP trying to give DD PP time by putting Pleks on the point, instead do NOT give Gomez PP time and let DD take his place, can't be any worse FFS.

Eller is your best forward the past few games, PLEASE play him more than 9 mins a game. It took you 2/3 of a season to realize what us here knew from day 1, the kid can't play wing and is a very good center. Please don't wait another 2/3 of a season to give the kid the ice time he deserves.

Your best offensive defensemen are PK Subban and Wizniewski, please play them together on the PP. Yes I know it is a bit awkward, but every time they are on the ice together on the PP, good things happen. Play PK 2 mins on the PP if you have FFS, he can handle it.
This. When you think about it.. PK gets a hattrick and the next game he's on the 2nd PP. Where's the logic ?

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
BGL twitter On Martin : GeorgesLaraque
An other shutout against the Canadiens,will u finally believe me when I'm telling you coming from the guys themselves that he lost his room?
If true, Molson should fire him NOW and put Muller in charge.

It worked for Lou and the devils!!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
I was watching Gomez closely tonight, and the way he is beaking at the officials and other players, I really do believe he cares.

But for whatever reason, he doesn't show it on the ice. With his speed and vision, there is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be putting up 70 points every year.

I don't doubt he cares... but he was laughing anyway...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnLennon

Quote:
I look at our roster, and these are the players who I believe are giving 100% every shift.

Gionta
Subban
Gill
Mara
Price
Eller
Darche

That's all I got.
I agree with this, although I kind of like what I am seeing from DD and White also.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
he was visibly pissed off on the bench and on the ice all game. Him and Cammy were the only two forwards that looked like they at least cared.
Nah, they each make >$6 million. They automatically don't care.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:03 PM
E = CH²

Thank you Mister Gainey.

You really did turn things around

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I'm probably one of JM's biggest haters here but not scoring a goal in 3 straight games is all on the players and not the coach.. The players have no sense of urgency,no emotion and no intensity.. If we even make it to the playoffs we will be in 8th..

This last games as probably been one of the saddest displays of hockey I've ever seen from all my years of watching Habs hockey..
Ever had a ****** manager? Ever had the urge to do the bare minimum for that guy? Yeah, that's what's happening, and it's the manager's fault for being a ****** motivator.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hab-a-maniac

What's with these late season rocky rides? Habs we are at one point 1st in the East in November of 05-06 but needed a major hot streak just to claim 8th, then were in 7th with 2 weeks to go in 06-07 but missed the playoffs (sat 4th at Christmas of course), then slowly slid all the way from once sitting 4th in the East to just 8th in 08-09, dropped from 6th to 8th late last year and now appear poised to do the same. This team never ever has the durability or the horses to make a late season push that gets them anywhere 6th or above. 2007-08 was some sort of fluke.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kirk Muller

Quote:

I actually look at it the opposite. Blaming officials is an easy out for him not working hard. Him being weak on the puck and along the boards is him not giving an effort nor caring enough to battle for the puck.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
What ?

Eller had 10x times more heart... so did the vast majority of team... how about Gionta's diving ?

Gomez, I'm sure hates losing... but he was still ****ing laughing and making jokes... in normal times, I'd say it's a good thing... but not now.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
BGL twitter On Martin : GeorgesLaraque
An other shutout against the Canadiens,will u finally believe me when I'm telling you coming from the guys themselves that he lost his room?
Certainly doesn't seem to far fetched really.. Even during timeouts Muller does all the talking while JM just stands there doing nothing like he does the entire game..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

What did Martin do to lose his room?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
I agree with this, although I kind of like what I am seeing from DD and White also.
I was going to add them in there as well, but then I thought is it really necessary?

No Gomez, Plekanec, Cammalleri on that list and we are in trouble.

Bottom line is, the vets and players getting paid the big bucks to be game breakers are invisible, and I have no idea what needs to be done.

I think a lot of it is size, and they are worn down from a long season. Another part of me also thinks the style we play does not suit them.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs8517

Good job Habs. One step closer to firing our moronic coach and pack our Ghost GM too.

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HomaridII

Bergeron saying he doesn't know what is going on in the room but that the body language on the bench is not good, he included the coaches in this. Mentioned that JM never moves or reacts to anything, lol.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:08 PM
LastRide

I think its better if the Habs don't make the playoffs. I hope they don't tell you the truth. Maybe things that need to be done, will get done in the off season. Plus we get a little better draft spot. It will be one and done in the playoffs anyways. The bright side is you get to watch a few extra games. You have to ask yourself, is it worth it.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
What ?

Eller had 10x times more heart... so did the vast majority of team... how about Gionta's diving ?

Gomez, I'm sure hates losing... but he was still ****ing laughing and making jokes... in normal times, I'd say it's a good thing... but not now.
Gionta's one good play came to stop an empty net goal in the dying seconds. Gomez was not sitting on the bench laughing. I did see him visibly frustrated and talking to his teammates though. Something captain Gionta wasn't doing, and something our best player Mr. offside Plekanec wasn't doing either.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

We could have had Steve Yzerman.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2011, 09:09 PM
HomaridII

JM just said that the fans are right to boo Gomez

habsinsideout1 Dave Stubbs
#Habs Martin asked about Gomez 'not showing up night after night': Lots of people didn't give us the type of game we needed to win

habsinsideout1 Dave Stubbs
#Habs Martin: Fans have a right... we have great fans... Gomez understands his play needs to be better, must elevate game now

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote